• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of the Pokemon DS games interface did you like best?

Which interface did you like?

• D/P/PT

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • HG/SS

Votes: 77 67.5%
  • B&W

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • B&W2

Votes: 15 13.2%

• Total voters

MallorylovesVulpix

Trainer Since 1999
Definitely HG/SS...I can't believe they ever changed it. It was so simple to use, really utilized the touch screen well, and I loved being able to touch instead of pressing A. It has been so difficult for me to get used to B/W/B2/W2's interface, it just feels clunky. And don't get me started on the bag system....HG/SS perfected that, 5th Gen's bag system is a behemoth and Game Freak ought to be ashamed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really enjoy the HG/SS interface out of all of them. It's very convenient, and that's what matters most to me. But I could've sworn the D/P interface was the best when I first played the games. I was foolish to think that pressing buttons was the way to go; it's all about the touch screen now.

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
HG/SS. Everything's readily accessible right from the touchscreen. Just makes sense to me.

EonDragonFTW

HGSS, no contest

PokéJungle

Webmaster | Writer
I like the BW2 interface, but the HGSS was really useful as well :( Wish the C-Gear had more functions when the Wireless is off.

Ditto B1tch

BW and B2W2 got the best interfaces. From they two, I voted on B2W2.

Their interfaces allowed to have more than one item registered and sort them in alfabetical order.

HG/SS is indeed more cute, but BW/B2W2 can be cute and useful in innovating.

Rarity

I liked HeartGold and SoulSilver personally was the best for me

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Definitely HG/SS...I can't believe they ever changed it. It was so simple to use, really utilized the touch screen well, and I loved being able to touch instead of pressing A. It has been so difficult for me to get used to B/W/B2/W2's interface, it just feels clunky. And don't get me started on the bag system....HG/SS perfected that, 5th Gen's bag system is a behemoth and Game Freak ought to be ashamed.

You said it better than I could.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I pick B/W 2 because everything flowed so right in the game and I really enjoyed it. But before those I would choose HG/SS; They seemed like such happy games and it felt good to go back to Johto.

Sir-Aero

Soul of Silver
SS and Platinum. Tied.

Flamer

D/P and to a lesser extend Platinum had many problems, not least the unlimited bag that took forever to get to the bottom of. HG/SS on the other hand got everything pretty much spot on, especially the bag layout. Great use of the touch screen, (I felt permanently dedicating it to the C-Gear was something that really let B/W down), brilliant PC boxes, the Pokegear, (which I've always loved) and just the general look of the game was so beautiful. With Gen 6 moving to 3D, I personally think HG/SS was the high mark of the series in terms of 2D presentation.

That said I haven't played B2/W2 yet, so can't comment on that.

ForeWolf

I like B2/W2 the most, because I find it very speedy. But I liked HG/SS's use of the touchscreen. I hope Gamefreak makes the Gen 6 interface a fusion of HG/SS and B2/W2's interface: the speediness and the use of the touchscreen fused in to one. Would make me very happy indeed!

Meeker

It needs a fence.
The ability to use the touch screen for nearly everything in HG/SS was something that I would welcome back any day!