• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of these rivals was/is the edgiest?

Which is edgier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
That's right, we've heard how powerful/good/developed rivals are before. But how about how E D G Y they are? Let's rank em' up

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’d say Paul because he was unlike any other we saw up until then in both the games and the anime. The closest thing we saw was AJ but he was just a one time deal which is odd considering you’d think he’d be at the Indigo League and Silver in the games but they weren’t as intense as Paul could get.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Alain > Gladion

Alain was just edgy. Gladion was like an emo kid trying to be edgy because of mommy issues.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Paul is the edgiest, followed by Alain, and Gladion at a distant third.

Edginess isn't an inherently a good or bad quality, but it worked the best on Paul.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

-Telling Ash to be quiet after he told him to get out of the way of Team Rocket's attack

-Dodging Ash's Gligar causing it face plant onto a rock

-Commanding Chimchar to attack Ash's Turtwig in their tag battle

-Telling gym leader Maylene straight to her face that she's the weakest gym leader he's ever faced

-Captured a wild Gliscor while disregarding the fact that it and a herd of Gligar were stealing food in a city

-Gave his Soothe Bell to Ash after they won at the Hearthome City Tag Battle Tournament
-------------------------------------‐-----------------------------

Yep definitely the edgiest

Leonhart

Imagineer
Arguably Shinji, followed by Glazio. I always thought that Glazio's edginess was at least justified given how his family had basically been torn apart, whereas Shinji's edginess didn't really have a justification from my perspective.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gladion & Paul with Alain in second place. Don’t get why anyone else is an option in the poll. Like who thinks Zoey of all characters is edgy lol

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Gladion & Paul with Alain in second place. Don’t get why anyone else is an option in the poll. Like who thinks Zoey of all characters is edgy lol
I guess she did have a few moments in DP where she was harsh ig, but overall as a character edginess doesn't reflect on her at all

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I guess she did have a few moments in DP where she was harsh ig, but overall as a character edginess doesn't reflect on her at all
I figured as the episodes where she yelled at Paul while they were all in Snowpoint and telling Nando he has to choose between Contests or Gyms comes to mind but that’s more so her being blunt about she feels rather than being edgy. I feel like people have made edgy apply to any sort of hostile or aggressive personality which makes the word lose its original meaning.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Paul takes the edgelord cake for personality. Gladion takes the edgelord cake for looks. Alain would be edgy if he wasn't attempted to cosplay Zard X.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I figured as the episodes where she yelled at Paul while they were all in Snowpoint and telling Nando he has to choose between Contests or Gyms comes to mind but that’s more so her being blunt about she feels rather than being edgy. I feel like people have made edgy apply to any sort of hostile or aggressive personality which makes the word lose its original meaning.
Yeah, I was just putting the major rivals.