• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

which one is better: sonic or mario?

sonic or mario

• sonic

Votes: 46 24.1%
  • mario

Votes: 145 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicpikachu

pika pii!
Both of these characters are pretty good, but which one is better?

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
http://i40.*******.com/2d19xf6.jpg

Why do people keep assuming Nintendo bought SEGA?

NPC

sleep researcher
I guess that Sonic's appearance in Brawl, combined with the fact that SEGA hasn't made a console in a while, could conspire to make someone... Uh... Uninformed think that?

MikeTheBattler

The hedgehog really has come around to Nintendo consoles a lot more recently, I won't be too hard on you about Nintendo and Sonic :p

As for the actual poll - Mario ftw!
He actually stars in good games!
The only really good games sonic's been in recently, are the ones that Mario has also been in :p

Rave

Banned

Indy

WAT
Sonic is still SEGA's character. I heard nothing about Nintendo pruchasing him. Sega went thrid party. Considering Sonic and Sega games appear on other consoles... Makes me wonder if Sonic is Sega, why did I see a Sega collection game for the PS3?

Out of the choices?

Mario.

Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Heh... nerds.

Personally, if I don't say Mario then I would be lying. Because Mario is probably the most consistent series out of the two. And he's the one I grew up with.

Sonic is alright, but honestly, can anyone figure out what's going on? Because SEGA seems to want to change things every couple years. And I hate it when people abruptly change storylines or ax half a cast in order to 'start over' (*cough*Pokemon*cough*).

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Luigi.

Mario's games are good, but almost all personality in his games are provided by the other characters.

And Sonic isn't even a Nintendo character. Plus the other characters in his games provide nothing but god awful voices and stories. Chip? No thank you.

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
Ok. Ignoring the fact that you made a mistake, I'll still answer the question. Sonic is better, and I'm not going give all the reasons why he's the best so I won't anger anyone.

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
Sonic is still SEGA's character. I heard nothing about Nintendo pruchasing him. Sega went thrid party. Considering Sonic and Sega games appear on other consoles... Makes me wonder if Sonic is Sega, why did I see a Sega collection game for the PS3?

Out of the choices?

Mario.

Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World.

Correct. There was the Sega Genesis Collection for the 360/PS3, as well as many of those titles for individual download on the XBLA (And possibly PSN but I don't know if that's the case.). Not to mention that Unleashed was better on the 360/PS3 then it was on the ps2 and wii.

Anyways... When it comes to straight platforming, I liked em both equally back in the day. Now? Mario easily.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Mario, because he's still in good games, albeit not as many given the Wii's selection.

Dattebayo

Banned
Both of these nintendo characters are pretty good, but which one is better?

Sonic's still owned by SEGA as everyone has stated before. I vote for Mario as he was the first video game character I grew up with before Sonic.

NPC

sleep researcher
It irks me when I see Mario at the top of "Best Character" lists or when I hear people saying that he's their favorite character or something. Personality-wise, Mario is very close to a blank slate. How can you like a blank slate? He's been in good games, and the games deserve merit.

At least Sonic has a semblance of a personality. (Not a necessarily good one, mind you.)

fhqwhgads

It irks me when I see Mario at the top of "Best Character" lists or when I hear people saying that he's their favorite character or something. Personality-wise, Mario is very close to a blank slate. How can you like a blank slate? He's been in good games, and the games deserve merit.

At least Sonic has a semblance of a personality. (Not a necessarily good one, mind you.)
Mario isn't from Nebraska, that's a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.