• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which order do you plan on undertaking the storylines of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet?

J. D. Guy

Just a little for-fun thread for curiosity's sake.

It's been confirmed that Scarlet and Violet will have 3 storylines. One of them is the Paldean Gym Challenge in order to obtain the Champion Rank. The other two are yet to be confirmed, but are alluded to having their own trials and tribulations for you to face as you undertake them. Furthermore, the information we do have implies that each of your three new Academy friends will feature as some kind of focal point for each of these 3 storylines. Nemona is hinted at being your Gym-going rival, while Arven and Penny are seemingly implied to be the focus on each of the other 2 storylines. The website also confirms that you'll be able to pick whichever storyline you want to complete in whichever order (including which of the eight Gyms you want to tackle and when), while also explaining that the player can weave through the completion of each of the storylines as they see fit. So, presumably, you could take on one Gym, then switch focus to one or both of the other two storylines, then go back and take on another Gym. Or, you can ignore the Gyms altogether and focus on whatever the other storylines have to offer. Or focus entirely on the Gyms more akin to a classic mainline Pokémon game.

So with that said, even though we don't have much info on the other 2 storylines of Scarlet and Violet, I am curious, which storyline(s) are you guys (at this time) going to pick? In which order? Or will you weave back and forth through them?

Thanks for your insights, and have fun!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Gyms first. Hopefully there isn't some kind of rule to advance for them that involves catching Pokémon like LOA and the Let's Go games.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'll do the arc that's closely related to the school, first. I'm assuming that this'll be the treasure hunt. I'll use this to scope out the gyms, find out the specialties, who to crush them with, and build my team from there.

Then, upon completing the hunt and building my team, I will train them with the second arc, figure out the best movepools, strategies, if possible find out more about my future victims opponents.

Then, I'll do the gym challenge. I would like to just beat all of the gyms who are weak to my starter first but that'll be too much back and forth. Instead, I'll venture to the side that has the most gyms, work my way up to the ice gym, then work all the way back down until I reach the end.

J. D. Guy

I'll do the arc that's closely related to the school, first. I'm assuming that this'll be the treasure hunt. I'll use this to scope out the gyms, find out the specialties, who to crush them with, and build my team from there.

Then, upon completing the hunt and building my team, I will train them with the second arc, figure out the best movepools, strategies, if possible find out more about my future victims opponents.

Then, I'll do the gym challenge. I would like to just beat all of the gyms who are weak to my starter first but that'll be too much back and forth. Instead, I'll venture to the side that has the most gyms, work my way up to the ice gym, then work all the way back down until I reach the end.
Nice! It's seems you've got this well planned out! :D

Strongest gym first
That may be tricky, depending on how the level-scaling (or potential lack thereof) works.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don't have any plans atm. Will probably alternate between the 3 like how I went back and forth between the plot and Dex completion in each of LA's areas. So 1 Gym, a school assignment(?), and whatever the third storyline is then rinse and repeat

Orphalesion

I'm probably gonna get obsessive about advancing all three storylines evenly at the same time (assuming that's possibe) so doing, let's call it one "mission" in storyline 1, then doing one in storyline 2, then one in storyline 3, rinse and repeat until all is done.

J. D. Guy

I'm probably gonna get obsessive about advancing all three storylines evenly at the same time (assuming that's possibe) so doing, let's call it one "mission" in storyline 1, then doing one in storyline 2, then one in storyline 3, rinse and repeat until all is done.

This is probably close to how my journey through Paldea is gonna turn out.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I'm not sure yet because I want to hear more about the three storylines first before deciding which one I dive into. I also hope it's not illusion of choice. If the gym battles seem enticing to try first, I will, but I don't know yet, it's too soon to say.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I think I’m just going to go through each story as I get to it and as organically as possible. I think just starting the game and doing what I think would be the most fun and best and experiencing it all without a set plan would be best. I feel tying myself to a set way to go through the game would not be all that fun.

scififan21

I'll probably be going in the recommended path for gyms while doing as much as can on the way. I might catch everything in an area/do everything I can before moving on to the next. Heck I might swap my team out for every gym just so I can use as many new Pokemon as I can for major battles. Might do some Tera Type hunting in between depending on how much I like the gimmick.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Until we get more information on the other two paths, leaning towards the Gym path. Maybe weave in a bit of the school path while I am doing the Gym path.

Sponge

I think it's likely that I'll progress through all three routes at a similar pace. Since there probably won't be any level scaling it makes the most sense to me to just do whatever is appropriate for my level at the time. (besides, if one of the routes involves climbing to the top of one of those towers, it doesn't really make much sense to ignore it just because you're heading to challenge a gym)

I'd guess that the way the routes will be set up, it'll be possible (and probably sort of expected) for you to dip into them all at the same time.

In theory the whole "do whatever you want" sounds cool but in practice there will probably be a path through the region they expect you to take....and aside from maybe taking a detour to pick up a Pokemon I want for my team I'll probably just end up rolling with whatever makes sense at the time.

Nave

Didn't realize this thread was made earlier in the day when I made my Routes Thread.

I am probably going to do the school route first, and then do all of the gyms. I'm assuming the third route/storyline is based on acquiring the rideable legendaries, or terestal. I'm of two minds with the former, because while it might be good to get them earlier on so you can move around better, I think it's more natural to get your legendaries later in the game. I'm not really interested in terestal, because it's basically an evolution of Hidden Power, which I'm not a fan of.