• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pikachu/Hat for you?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
OS's first US airdate was September 8th, 1998 so you got that right. AG's first airing in the US was March 15th, 2003 so the US Hoenn Cap's ID No should be something like 031503.

Weirdly the ID No. for Hoenn was instead 091303. So I guess September 13th, 2003 was when AG started airing in full while March was just the sneak peek?

20LigerZero16

"..........................."
I'm getting the Sinnoh hat Pikachu mostly because I feel like that was the best anime version of Pikachu from a battling standpoint and it knows the move volt tackle, so I'm happy.

I'm getting the Unova Pikachu, but not because of the anime since I have no preference over any of the series. I just kinda love Unova and I feel like Unova Hat Pikachu won't get much love, so yeah.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I got the original cap for my Sun game due to nostalgic reasons, but I’m still debating between the Sinnoh or Kalos cap for my Moon game since I love the design and moveset for both of them.

On a side note: was anyone else surprised that Pikachu’s nature was switched to Hardy for this event? In every other distribution, they always gave Pickachu a Naughty nature, so I’m a little surprised that they switched after all these years.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Seeing as how I missed ln getting the DP Hat, I’m going to get Alola. I have been watching the Sun & Moon anime and I have been really enjoying it. But my first choice would have been DP simce it’s my favorite series from the anime yet.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Seeing as how I missed ln getting the DP Hat, I’m going to get Alola. I have been watching the Sun & Moon anime and I have been really enjoying it. But my first choice would have been DP simce it’s my favorite series from the anime yet.
Isn't the Sinnoh hat still being distributed?

Lady Umbreon

On Moon I got the Sinnoh hat because it's my favorite anime arc. I'm resetting Sun to get them all. Aesthetically I like the Unova Cap best.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Watching and playing since Yellow is irrelevant for me. I'll be downloading Sinnoh cap since I'm a huge Sinnoh fanboy (game and anime). I liked Pikachu's moveset (maybe electro ball is slightly better than VT but I can live with that) and that was Ash's best outfit imo.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I started watching Pokemon back when it first came out in the States. I had to pick Pikachu with the original cap!

Mutant Mesprit

Fairy Tale Boy
I got the Sinnoh cap, since it's the generation I started in and the season I started watching the anime ^^

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Although I really wanted the Kanto Cap, I decided to go for the Sinnoh cap. It still looks great and Pikachu get Iron Tail as well as Volt Tackle, which is awesome (considering Iron Tail isn't in TM form anymore).

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Ended up picking up Kanto Hat Pikachu. I wanted to get the others just for event purposes, but I didn't even make the effort to grab/restart my brother's copy and get them. I'm happy with the Kanto Pikachu though as I like that hat the best.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Kanto and Hoenn
I was going to restart to get them all.... but almost an hour to do it each time, yeah **** that noise. I didn't get why people complained about the start being so long until I tried doing it for a second Pikachu on Moon... it wasn't worth the hassle. I'm sure they'll be available again at some point. I just wanted the Sinnoh one really.... OS, Hoenn, and Sinnoh were all I wanted. I just wanted to 'collect' the others.