• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokémon Do You Want To See Return In The Galar Regional Dex?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
hillthing.jpeg

I see so many of these posts. Not aimed at you two specifically (so hopefully you don't take offence), but do none of the people that post this realize that the geoglyphs in the above screenshot are Meltans surrounding Melmetal? They are definitely going to be in this game and probably play a part in the lore. Considering that they are treated as mythicals in Go. it's safe to assume they are the mythicals of this region.

Castform would be perfect for this region due to the focus on weather changes in the Wild Area. This little dude has so much potential and is really underutilized. Maybe even due to the strength of the weather in the Wild Area, we could get evolutions of it that could be permanent and stronger versions of its various forms. Even the Dynamax phenomenon could play a part considering how many spots there are in the Wild Are and how much energy it produces, based on the e3 treehouse interview. There evolutions could even have the various weather abilities based on what evolution it is. That would be pretty awesome.

Holy ****!!! I just noticed that :eek:!!

ShadowForce720

hillthing.jpeg

I see so many of these posts. Not aimed at you two specifically (so hopefully you don't take offence), but do none of the people that post this realize that the geoglyphs in the above screenshot are Meltans surrounding Melmetal? They are definitely going to be in this game and probably play a part in the lore. Considering that they are treated as mythicals in Go. it's safe to assume they are the mythicals of this region.

Castform would be perfect for this region due to the focus on weather changes in the Wild Area. This little dude has so much potential and is really underutilized. Maybe even due to the strength of the weather in the Wild Area, we could get evolutions of it that could be permanent and stronger versions of its various forms. Even the Dynamax phenomenon could play a part considering how many spots there are in the Wild Are and how much energy it produces, based on the e3 treehouse interview. There evolutions could even have the various weather abilities based on what evolution it is. That would be pretty awesome.

It's because that large pokemon is likely not Melmetal, sure in some ways it might have some similarities to Melmetal but if you actually compare and contrast them you will see that the figure is actually pretty different from Melmetal. If I had to guess what the giant hill figure is, it's probably the 3rd legendary of the trio that Zacian and Zamazenta are part of and is likely responsible for Dynamaxing.

DBK

Renegade Trainer

It's because that large pokemon is likely not Melmetal, sure in some ways it might have some similarities to Melmetal but if you actually compare and contrast them you will see that the figure is actually pretty different from Melmetal. If I had to guess what the giant hill figure is, it's probably the 3rd legendary of the trio that Zacian and Zamazenta are part of and is likely responsible for Dynamaxing.
Many, if not all, geoglyphs rarely accurately represent the figures/concepts they are depicting. The group of meltans surrounding it all but guarantee that it is indeed melmetal.

I'd be more inclined to believe you except that it has a bunch of what appear to be Meltan gathered around it.

ShadowForce720

Many, if not all, geoglyphs rarely accurately represent the figures/concepts they are depicting. The group of meltans surrounding it all but guarantee that it is indeed melmetal.

That argument doesn't really work, as in pokemon the depiction tend to be closer to what the pokemon actually looks like. Like for instance this figures tail is pretty different then Melmetal's tail along with some of it's other features. Also how do we know those smaller figures are Meltan and not just people, because if you look at how generic people are shown in figures they are sometimes very generic.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's not a Gen VIII Pokémon, though, so it can't be a Mythical of the region.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I hate to be that guy but, Alolan Forms has no chance of being included.
They are choosing Pokemon that fit the region and Galar isn't tropical.
Honestly, I’d still prefer getting Galarian forms instead. I’s love to see Pokémon adapted to the colder & rainy areas of the Galar region

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I hate to be that guy but, Alolan Forms has no chance of being included.
They are choosing Pokemon that fit the region and Galar isn't tropical.
I mean, clearly they won't be available in standard gameplay, BUT, we do know of some Pokemon that have Alolan Forms are in the Galarian Dex, so it's pretty likely we'll be able to transfer those forms over to SwSh.

And if the idea that all 151 Pokemon in Kanto are to be included is true, then Alolan forms will only be missing out on SwSh until Pokemon Home arrives.(Or hell, we could potentially even trade like we did in Let's Go)

Leonhart

Imagineer
DBK said:
hillthing.jpeg

I hadn't given much thought to how Shield and Sword would handle Meltan, but that geoglyph gives me hope that perhaps Meltan will be given some backstory in these games. I also hope that it'll have a much simpler evolution method in these games than it did in Pokemon GO.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Sadly, I doubt they'll do anything with Meltan. Typically event Pokémon are only relevant for the Generation they debut in and currently Meltan is getting a lot of attention via Gen VII media such as Go, Lets Go, and the anime. I don't think they'd do that if they had plans to expand on it even further in Gen VIII, they probably would've kept it in their pocket and then debut it in the lead-up like they did with Magearna during Gen VI.

hillthing.jpeg

Well, Meltan and Melmetal are part of the lore. Think about it, it's LGPE Pokedex entry states "Revered long ago for its capacity to create iron from nothing, for some reason it has come back to life after 3,000 years." So why has it come back? Also, think about the Kalos lore. The ultimate weapon AZ built 3,000 years ago was used to try to revive his lost Floette that died during a war in Kalos. Could this be a resemblance to the rivalry between France and England back in the Renaissance age?

It's not a Gen VIII Pokémon, though, so it can't be a Mythical of the region.
If that's what you think then you'll say pokemon like Munchlax are Gen III pokemon and not Gen IV pokemon

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well, Meltan and Melmetal are part of the lore. Think about it, it's LGPE Pokedex entry states "Revered long ago for its capacity to create iron from nothing, for some reason it has come back to life after 3,000 years." So why has it come back? Also, think about the Kalos lore. The ultimate weapon AZ built 3,000 years ago was used to try to revive his lost Floette that died during a war in Kalos. Could this be a resemblance to the rivalry between France and England back in the Renaissance age?

If that's what you think then you'll say pokemon like Munchlax are Gen III pokemon and not Gen IV pokemon
Their Dex numbers are 808 and 809. The only time a non starter has been the first Pokemon of a region was Victini, and it was a special case.

That comparison doesn't really work, though. Munchlax and Bonsly made cameo appearances in Pokémon XD, a spin-off title not developed by Game Freak, but neither could actually be used on your team (only the Bingo mini-game). Munchlax also popped up as an NPC/opponent in a couple other non-Game Freak spinoffs. Meltan and Melmetal are both fully-usable Pokémon in the Game Freak-developed Gen VII titles LGPE.

Gen VII VS Gen VIII status aside, I really don't think those geoglyphs are Meltan and Melmetal (especially since most of the smaller figures appear to have two eyes). At best, I think Meltan/Melmetal might get a Zygarde-in-SuMo-esque sidequest.

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
I could see the following Pokémon in the Galar Dex:

- Most if not all of the fossils (Because of the UK"s history of fossil hunting and it being the cradle of modern day Paleontology)
- Swinub line (To emulate the wild boars native to the UK)
- Deerling line and Stantler (To emulate the deer native to the UK)
- Garchomp line
- Rockruff line

Luthor

This is an odd one but for me (and probably a lot of people) Dynamax basically transforms any pokemon into what is basically a Kaiju. Therefore I definitely want Hydreigon as it is basically the pokemon equivalent of King Ghidorah. A battle between it and Tyranitar would really help to buy into the gimmick. Perhaps an Aerodacytl as Rodan too.

Last edited:
This is an odd one but for me (and probably a lot of people) Dynamax basically transforms any pokemon into what is basically a Kaiju. Therefore I definitely want Hydreigon as it is basically the pokemon equivalent of King Ghidorah. A battle between it and Tyranitar would really help to buy into the gimmick. Perhaps an Aerodacytl as Rodan too.
You're in luck, since there's several screenshots of a Hydreigon Max Raid Battle on the official SwSh site.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

And Volcarona as Mothtra while Grookey fully evolve form will be are King Kong.

DannyDark

Was thinking.. in terms of Pokemon I don't want to see return.. I think Smeargle tops the list, closely followed by the UBs.

I think a competitive scene free of Smeargle would do wonders for team diversity..

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Was thinking.. in terms of Pokemon I don't want to see return.. I think Smeargle tops the list, closely followed by the UBs.

I think a competitive scene free of Smeargle would do wonders for team diversity..
Considering a recent interview about Moody's nerf, likely referring to Smeargle's presence in the meta, I say it's in the game.

That said, I hope none of the Unova monkeys make a return.