1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which Pokémon Do You Want To See Return In The Galar Regional Dex?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by BlackButterfree, Mar 4, 2019.

1. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Siren Song.

With the restrictions for Pokémon is now in place, I would like to believe all starters are present and their final forms will be distributed as Max Raid bosses.

wolf jani likes this.
  2. Poke Trainer J

Poke Trainer J Well-Known Member

Ditto obviously.

Otherwise Pokémon breeding just wouldn't be the same.

blob likes this.
  3. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

If were getting D&P remakes then the Sinnoh Starters are probably not going to be available in Sword & Shield as they would want to save them for the D&P remake, actually come to think of it what they might do is just have you get the Johto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, and Alola starters in a D&P remake considering it's tends to be in the remakes or 3rd versions/sequels that tend to allow you to get starters from other regions that you weren't able to obtain in the base games.

Then again I suppose that if we were to get Let's Go Johto games then they would save the Johto starters for that. Hmm maybe if were getting both Let's Go Johto games and D&P remakes this generation they will have to where the you can transfer any pokemon you catch in Let's Go Johto games to the D&P remakes and then the D&P remakes would allow you to get the Hoenn, Sinnoh(obviously), Unova, Kalos and Alola starters.

wolf jani likes this.
  4. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Personally for me, Minun because it’s so sentimental to me, I’ve played since the very first games when they came out but only in Ruby did I get my first level 100 Pokémon and that was a Minun. Since Ruby I’ve somehow managed to get a Minun onto my team (except fire red as there was no way round it until getting national dex) and it’s become a tradition for me. That’s potentially a 16 year tradition down the drain if it’s not included in the dex.

Secondly, Turtwig, I absolutely love this Pokémon and have done since I set eyes on it when it was revealed, and much like Minun, I’ve included it into my team every game since getting it in Pearl. I’ll be gutted to not be able to use it and since it’s a starter my hopes for it being used are slim. But it annoys me more that Charizard has gotten into the game when other starters won’t. Especially the sinnoh starters because no doubt they’ll hold back on them till DP remakes

wolf jani likes this.
  5. D*N

D*N Back from the death

I'm one of those weird munna fans, so I hope munna is in it <3

Nodame and wolf jani like this.
  6. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Still hoping to see

Shroomish line.
    Whismur line.
    Stunky line.
    Scraggy line.
    Phantump line.
    Noibat line.
    Cutiefly line.
    Dewpider line.

7. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Pokémon Music Fan

Hoping to see
    Pidove line
    Ducklett line
    Klink line
    Weedle line
    Vullaby line
    Paras line
    Morelull line
    Woobat line
    Gulpin line
    Elekid/Magby lines
    Smoochum line (possibly with a Jynx evolution)
    Doduo line
    Squirtle/Bulbasaur lines
    The other starters from 2-5, maybe 6 and 7.

blob likes this.
  8. I hope to see: Piplup line, Honchcrow line, Geodude line . Especially the Piplup line because my Empoleon was my first starter ever. I already had to wait ages before I could bring it to Sun because I had a flash card at that time and not the physical copies, and now that I finally have my Sinnoh team I don't want them to have to rot again until DP remakes.

I'm glad that the Lucario line is in the dex, and assuming the first 151 will be in the dex for sure, I can take my Golem with me too. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Sinnoh starters aren't in.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Ditto and the Anorith line. Ditto because breeding would become really difficult without it and the masuda method would get even more difficult to pull off.

Anorith because Armaldo is my favorite pokemon. I'm actually hoping for all the fossils. The UK has a big history with fossils, especially exquisite marine ones so it would fit in Galar. I'm really hoping for this.

10. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

After the bombshell of Pokemon HOME's usage, all of them!

11. Beloberto

Beloberto Well-Known Member

The Galar-dex page on Serebii was updated to include Wimpod line. Does anyone know where they were confirmed? (I want to be sure before celebrating)

12. wolf jani

wolf jani Hype went down (still buying SWSH though)

I think a Golisopod was seen in the wild area at one point but I might bee remembering wrong.

13. Syther

Syther Y not?

I want them all back! no pokemon left behind!

Ampharos_Spark likes this.
  14. blob

blob Well-Known Member

Sinnoh games don't have that many Pokémon in them because they were made at the time when Regional Dex's only covered Pokémon until the E4. Sinnoh has what? 210 Pokémon in it's Dex? I don't want to play a game with less Pokémon in it than GSC.

15. ChristianLaw

ChristianLaw Dark Typer

Hopefully they just keep the disgusting ultra beasts out and bring everything else back.

16. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

And? Look if we get D&P remake this generation your free to choose to not buy them as that is your choice, and no one is going to force you to buy it. However whether you choose to buy it or not, Gamefreak is not going to just not make D&P remakes just because you don't want to play them, as there plenty of people that would gladly choose to buy them.

While you are free to dislike the Ultra Beasts, I think it's important to remind you that there are people that enjoyed being able to obtain the UBs, so they should have just as much chance of returning as any other pokemon.

wolf jani likes this.
  17. I really hope they still nice enough to keep all starters in this game since Charizard is in the game and if you can't even use Venusaur or Blastoise line in this game, it's not fair at all when you think about that... they can put all starter in the dex if they want, if it was me, i'll put all old starters under other Pokemons but before the legendary and Mythical line and the dex entry for the first stage of these Pokemons can be something like "This Pokemon is one of the starter Pokemon use in Kanto / Johto / Hoenn / Sinnoh / Unova / Kalos / Alola region" and you can get them in the form of post-game mini event but that's my option anyway...

wolf jani likes this.
  18. Snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle Well-Known Member

Oh man, I really hope all my ghosts are in! I know the Gastly line's safe, but I'm really hoping for: Yamask, Pumpkaboo, Misdreavus, and Litwick lines. ;;

wolf jani likes this.
  19. Okay, as they revealed in Famitsu, it was confirmed that there is currently no decision to bring the existing Pokémon that can't be in Sword & Shield back into the game using patches. This will be my last time i complained about this stuff and i won't stop anyone who will act more satly from now on too, you can skip the game if you want...

but i still going to buy the game... (at least for me)

wolf jani likes this.
  20. Gurk

Gurk Well-Known Member

All Gen 6 and Gen 7 pokemon, without a doubt. They haven't even gotten enough time to shine, so they need to be in the region.

wolf jani likes this.