• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokémon Do You Want To See Return In The Galar Regional Dex?

Sabre_King

The only Pokémon I hope they’ll include are ones I’ve always liked but never got the chance to really use or just kept in my PC most of the time:
  • Ekans
  • Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
  • Tyrogue
  • Mienshao
  • Camerupt
  • Flabébé
  • Reuniculus
  • Porygon
  • Stunfisk
  • Poliwhirl/Poliwrath
  • Golisopod
Golisopod already confirmed :)

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I’ll play this game if I get my Surskit & Masquerain ~ Ever since Gen 3 I never journey without my Masquerain. Only Pokémon that matters to me.

ShadowForce720

I'm pretty sure this list was made before but since it seems like some people here keep mentioning pokemon that have already been confirmed to be in the game here is a list of pokemon already confirmed to be in the game by type(let me know if I'm missing any, also I will try to keep this list updated.):

Grass:Grookey,Eldegoss,Leafeon,Tsareena,Abomasnow,Roserade,Ludicolo

Fire:Scorbunny,Flareon,Arcanine,Charizard,(Kanto)Ninetales

Water:Sobble,Drednaw,Wishiwashi,Wailord,Vaporeon,Jellicent,Seismitoad,Mantine,Milotic,Pelipper,Lanturn,Gyarados,Seaking,Quagsire,Ludicolo,Golisopod

Electric:Yamper,Raichu,Vikavolt,Jolteon,Lanturn,Galvantula,Manectric

Flying:Corviknight,Noctowl,Braviary,Butterfree,Charizard,Hawlucha,Mantine,Pelipper,Gyarados,Vespiquen,Drifblim,Togekiss,Noivern

Rock: Drednaw,Tyranitar,Rhyperior,Onix,Gigalith

Ground:Flygon,Pupitar,Hippowdon,Rhyperior,Steelix,Golurk,Mudsdale,Seismitoad,Diggersby,Quagsire,Dugtrio

Steel:Corviknight,Lucario,Steelix,Bronzong

Psychic:Meowstic,Espeon,Wobbuffet,Malamar,Bronzong,Gardevoir and Gallade,Mew

Ghost: Dusknoir,Golurk,Gengar,Jellicent,Mimikyu,Drifblim,Froslass

Dark:Impidimp,Hydreigon,Tyranitar,Umbreon,Pangoro,Malamar,Weavile

Fairy:Impidimp,Sylveon,Slurpuff,Gardevoir,Clefable,Togekiss,Mimikyu

Dragon:Hydregion,Haxorus,Goodra,Noivern

Ice:Glaceon,Abomasnow,Avalugg,Vanilluxe,Glalie and Froslass,Weavile

Poison:Gengar,Roserade,Garbodor

Bug:Vikavolt,Butterfree,Vespiquen,Galvantula

Fighting:Lucario,Sawk,Bewear,Hawlucha,Pangoro,Machamp,Gallade

Normal:Wooloo,Cinccino,Noctowl,Braviary,Snorlax,Eevee,Bewear,Diggersby

Pokemon that we don't currently know the types for:Zacian,Zamazenta

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Well, they seem to be implying that all the Kanto starters will be available. They were the first choices ever in the Pokemon series so it's understandable. I'm also hoping for the Meowth and Psyduck evolutionary families. And I'm hoping Alolan forms make a comeback.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I hate to be that guy but, Alolan Forms has no chance of being included.
They are choosing Pokemon that fit the region and Galar isn't tropical.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I hate to be that guy but, Alolan Forms has no chance of being included.
They are choosing Pokemon that fit the region and Galar isn't tropical.
Doesn't matter. They can still be traded through in-game NPCs without being available in overworld like in LGPE's Kanto.

And if they come up with the 'theme' issue, not every Alolan Pokémon is tropical including the lines of Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix (Available in Galar) and Grimer.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Of the Alolan forms, only Exeggutor and Diglett are actually tropical in nature. Vulpix and Sandshrew actually adapted to a cold climate, Grimer absorbed garbage instead of sludge, Marowak and Rattata adapted to escape predators, Meowth became feral due to excessive inbreeding, and no one knows how Raichu adapted, so the locals commonly joke that it ate too many pancakes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Let's see...it's almost guaranteed that Lucario will be there...and if you put Greninja in, you can't leave out the other Kalos starters...ditto for including Charizard and its associated starters...England theme means "knightly" or "royal" Pokemon should come, so Gallade and Gardevoir, Bisharp, Aegislash, etc. The Nido lines, we already know Vespiquen made it in, Tsareena, Slowking, the list goes on.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Let's see...it's almost guaranteed that Lucario will be there...and if you put Greninja in, you can't leave out the other Kalos starters...ditto for including Charizard and its associated starters...England theme means "knightly" or "royal" Pokemon should come, so Gallade and Gardevoir, Bisharp, Aegislash, etc. The Nido lines, we already know Vespiquen made it in, Tsareena, Slowking, the list goes on.
Tsareena, Gallade & Gardevoir are in the dex. Also fitting the royal theme is Jellicent which is in the dex too.

ShadowForce720

I think people will be happy to know that there has been an update on Serebii that thanks to a new screenshot that has popped up on the official Chinese website for Pokemon Sword & Shield it is now confirmed that Noibat and Noivern are in the Galar Pokedex.

Oh and I did update my post that list all the pokemon that are currently confirmed to be in Sword & Shield.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Glad another of my favorites is in, I really hope most of the Dragons are present...

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Charizard. Squirtle and Bulbasaur's lines didn't have any role or presence at all in the SM games while Charizard did
I don't want them to pick favorites but it wouldn't surprise me with this **** they're trying to pull already.

I'd like Ampharos to return. I also have a feeling he would since his Pre-Evo is a sheep, and sheep are important in England. Although we do already have the new Wooloo.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Honestly if they do events for starters and have the typical gift Porygon, I’ll be fine (Incineroar and Porygon Z are my two favorites).

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm glad that Onbat and Onvern (the Noibat line) are both in since the latter is one of my favorite Dragon-types, although I'm still waiting for the Miniryu (Dratini) line to be revealed. I also hope that all the Starters are in these games purely for nostalgic reasons.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Regarding the Kanto Starters:

Worst-case scenario: Only certain Kanto Pokemon get in and one of those is the Charizard line because IGN poll.

Most likely: Most if not all Kanto Pokemon get in, including all three starter lines. They're catchable in the wild, which has precedent with Island Scan and Let's Go. They retain all their characteristics from the old games.

Less likely but not impossible: To soften the blow of Megas getting cut, each Kanto starter line gets their old Mega's previous ability. There is precedent for changing abilities between generations with Pokemon like Gengar after all. So Venusaur line gets Thick Fat, Charizard line gets a choice between Drought and Tough Claws, and Blastoise line gets Mega Launcher. Hidden abilities remain the same.

Not gonna happen but a trainer can dream: Charizard gets retconned into the Fire/Dragon everyone already thinks it is and Blastoise gains the Steel type.

As for the rest of the Galar dex, of my favorites the Misdreavus, Teddiursa and Snubbull lines seem like they would fit well, and it's hard to imagine Marill getting the cut either. Honestly could care less about Honedge but will be happy for all its fans if it gets back in.

Saberu

With the news that Pokémon Sword and Shield won’t include the entire national Dex, people have been peeved. Seriously peeved. I’ve seen so much salt that Reddit looks more like the dead sea. A lot of people have said that this is the last straw, or maybe the only straw, and that they won’t get the game at all.

But I'm still getting the game! And here are my top five.

346.png

1. Cradily

Oh, my love. The core of my competitive team. The best stalling Pokémon I’ve ever had. I sure will miss you if you’re not included in Galar! I’m not sure what I’ll do without you.

I’ve come to love Cradily an almost unreasonable amount over the years. I love its movepool. I love its stats. I love its weird, wavy things and its fake eyespots. Most of all, I love having my opponents trying to whirlwind it out of battle. I think it has a somewhat high chance of being in Galar just because it’s one of the fossil Pokémon, but if it doens’t make the cut, I’ll be sorely disappointed.

637.png

2. Volcarona

I’ve only recently started to love this thing as much as I do. A Pokémon of legend said to have replaced the sun? Yes please. That plus its high speed and REALLY DANG COOL typing makes this a Pokémon I’d love to take on an adventure, or maybe have for postgame shenannigans. I guess there’s going to be a theme here of my favorite competitive Pokémon but come on… what else would you expect? It’s like saying “Hey, Skarmory and Blissey both won’t be in Black and White.” Although I guess by that time most people could counter that.

I guess there’s not much to say except it’s big, it’s hot, it’s a bug, and I love it!

560.png

3. Scrafty

I was having some troubles with my skin when Black and White came out and a Pokémon that used its own skin for a hoodie seemed endlessly cool to me for some reason. I had one on ever playthrough. I always felt awful defeating Garbodor with Crunch… anyway, I’ve always given them really cheerful names like Puddles or something. I don’t know. I guess it just feels like a friend.

770.png

4. Palossand

People said “GameFreak is running out of ideas! They made a SAND CASTLE Pokémon!” as if this isn’t the coolest thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I legitimately want one. I’d happily pile sand onto this thing for hours. Maybe I’m just weird. OR maybe Palossand is GOOD and a FRIEND and everyone else is wrong!!

Probably, I just need to chill.

681.png

5. Aegislash

Come ON! It’s called Pokémon Sword and Shield! We HAVE to have this thing. Please? Please??? I know we didn’t have Solrock and Lunatone in SM but please let us have this one.

Anyway, I went through all the trouble of making my own thread and forgot the check that this one existed! Aye. So I thought I'd delete that one and give it a post in here and save the mods the trouble. |D

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I hope Volcarona makes the cut as well. It has a pretty good moveset. And Aegislash is pretty good too.