• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokémon Do You Want To See Return In The Galar Regional Dex?

Leonhart

Imagineer
lablablabz said:
I hope Charizard being in the game opens up the possibility of other (non-Kanto) starters being available in the Galar Dex.

I have a bad feeling that Lizardon (Charizard) is only present because of the way that Game Freak likes milking Gen I nostalgia. So I expect that all of the Gen 1 Starters will be available in Shield and Sword, but that most if not all non-Gen 1 Starters will be excluded.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have a bad feeling that Lizardon (Charizard) is only present because of the way that Game Freak likes milking Gen I nostalgia. So I expect that all of the Gen 1 Starters will be available in Shield and Sword, but that most if not all non-Gen 1 Starters will be excluded.
Charizard is the poster Mon of Starters in the franchise. There is no denying that it is one of the most popular Pokémon out there and in a way its popularity rivals that of Pikachu and Eevee. I’m sure if there was a way to make Charizard the main Partner and not its pre-evolved forms and sole focus of a Let’s Go game, GF would jump on it immediately. Gen I is obviously going to be thrown in our faces for nostalgia reasons but any main series games without the most beloved Pokémon from the original games feels weird like Gen V with no way to get Pikachu other than transferring it from older games and events or not seeing any Gengar in Hoenn even though the other three original evolution by trading lines were found there.

A lot of people think we'll get some kind of Johto version of Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee and/or Sinnoh remakes in the next few years, so I think it's likely that we'll get the Johto & Sinnoh starters in Shield & Sword so that they'll be compatible.
We'll probably have Sinnoh Remakes for these reasons:
1. Remakes of a pair of games usually happen after a new main storyline pokemon game is on a new Nintendo system (Kanto to Game Boy Advanced, Johto to DS, and Hoenn to 3DS)
2. Remakes usually happen every 2 pokemon generations excluding FireRed and LeafGreen (Johto to Gen IV and Hoenn to Gen VI)
3. Sword and Shield is the VIII gen, meaning that 2 generations ago was when ORAS came out
4. Sword and Shield also are the first main storyline pokemon game on the Switch (yes, I don't count LGPE)

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
A lot of people think we'll get some kind of Johto version of Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee and/or Sinnoh remakes in the next few years, so I think it's likely that we'll get the Johto & Sinnoh starters in Shield & Sword so that they'll be compatible.

I think that overall, the Starters will likely be in the Shield and Sword Zukan (Pokedex) just because they're all pretty popular. In all honesty, the only Pokemon that I see being left out of these games are the unpopular ones that hardly anyone uses or would miss much.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think that overall, the Starters will likely be in the Shield and Sword Zukan (Pokedex) just because they're all pretty popular. In all honesty, the only Pokemon that I see being left out of these games are the unpopular ones that hardly anyone uses or would miss much.
Hardly anyone, or just hardly anyone who does official tournaments?

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheWanderingMist said:
Hardly anyone, or just hardly anyone who does official tournaments?

I meant Pokemon like Harysen (Qwilfish) or Gamale (Mothim). You know, just Pokemon that are widely assumed to be unappealing and not very popular overall. I guess that includes Pokemon that are hardly ever used in competitive battles as well.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I’m pretty sure we’ll see Sinnoh, Kalos, and Unova Pokémon a plenty, so, I’d like to see:
Unfezant
Swanna
Electivire
Magmortar
Jynx
Mamoswine
Staraptor
Dodrio
Rapidash
Pachirisu
Aurorus
Tyrantrum
Talonflame
The Gen 2-6 starters.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Is it safe to say that Buneary/Lopunny will be attainable in ShSw? I know that they're not exactly amazing, but I figure that Lopunny is popular enough to justify a spot in the new Dex.

ShadowForce720

I’m pretty sure we’ll see Sinnoh, Kalos, and Unova Pokémon a plenty, so, I’d like to see:
Unfezant
Swanna
Electivire
Magmortar
Jynx
Mamoswine
Staraptor
Dodrio
Rapidash
Pachirisu
Aurorus
Tyrantrum
Talonflame
The Gen 2-6 starters.

I'm not so sure about that, since if were getting D&P remakes and Let's Go Johto games this generation then they may want to save a lot of the gen 2 & 4 for those games and they would probably most likely save the gen 2 & 4 starters and legendries for those games. Which could mean that a lot of pokemon that are from the other regions, like Unova, Kalos, Alola, Hoenn.

While probably all the Kanto mons would wind up making it into the Let's Go Johto games. That being said were likely going to get at least some mons from each region in Sword & Shield while others will be saved for the other gen 8 games.

Is it safe to say that Buneary/Lopunny will be attainable in ShSw? I know that they're not exactly amazing, but I figure that Lopunny is popular enough to justify a spot in the new Dex.

Not sure because we already have two rabbit pokemon confirmed to be in the game being Scorebunny and Bunnelby, I mean heck if Mareep doesn't wind up in the game because we already have a Sheep pokemon with Wooloo then Buneary might not make it into this particular game since we already have two pokemon lines based on rabbits in the game.

Although it's safe to say that if we do get D&P remakes this generation that Buneary/Lopunny will be in that game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:

I think that Mimilop (Lopunny) has enough fans to ensure that Game Freak would be motivated to include it in Shield and Sword. But from my own perspective, I wouldn't be displeased if it's excluded since it's a rather dull Normal-type.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If we get Let's Go Johto, then I want the Kanto half of the game cut and the Johto region itself expanded upon. I spent most of my time there when I still had my old GBA.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Not sure because we already have two rabbit pokemon confirmed to be in the game being Scorebunny and Bunnelby, I mean heck if Mareep doesn't wind up in the game because we already have a Sheep pokemon with Wooloo then Buneary might not make it into this particular game since we already have two pokemon lines based on rabbits in the game.

We’ve had several dogs in Alola (Rockruff, Growlithe, Lillipup, Riolu, Houndour, & Electrike and their respective evolutions) so 3 rabbit lines isn’t bad.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meltan is probably returning since the symbol for Steel-type attacks is a hexagonal nut.

I would hope Meltan is back and actually has a presence of some sort in the game considering it was barely in one game lol.

Luthor

I'd like Greninja to make it into the available pokemon. I suspect it will not but I want a pokedex entry that actually talks about it's tongue. Also I'd like to see a pokedex entry for Ash-Greninja.

Sawsbuck

Eeveelution trainer
With the weather effects I've seen that go on in the wild areas, I'm hoping that it includes seasonal weather and that means Seasons, so I am praying for all Pokemon that change with weather or seasons to come back, like Deerling line and Castform.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Meltan is probably returning since the symbol for Steel-type attacks is a hexagonal nut.

I would hope Meltan is back and actually has a presence of some sort in the game considering it was barely in one game lol.
hillthing.jpeg

I see so many of these posts. Not aimed at you two specifically (so hopefully you don't take offence), but do none of the people that post this realize that the geoglyphs in the above screenshot are Meltans surrounding Melmetal? They are definitely going to be in this game and probably play a part in the lore. Considering that they are treated as mythicals in Go. it's safe to assume they are the mythicals of this region.

With the weather effects I've seen that go on in the wild areas, I'm hoping that it includes seasonal weather and that means Seasons, so I am praying for all Pokemon that change with weather or seasons to come back, like Deerling line and Castform.
Castform would be perfect for this region due to the focus on weather changes in the Wild Area. This little dude has so much potential and is really underutilized. Maybe even due to the strength of the weather in the Wild Area, we could get evolutions of it that could be permanent and stronger versions of its various forms. Even the Dynamax phenomenon could play a part considering how many spots there are in the Wild Are and how much energy it produces, based on the e3 treehouse interview. There evolutions could even have the various weather abilities based on what evolution it is. That would be pretty awesome.