• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokémon Do You Want To See Return In The Galar Regional Dex?

sketchersmeargle

Passimian since it fits with Rugby

Vahnstad

I mean good designs are subjective, aren't they.

Trubbish has grown on me since gen 5 came out, I don't think pidove line are amazing but I still find them interesting. The Timburr line, I must admit is a line I also wish hadn't made the cut.

Ha weird, since i like the Timburr line, think Pidove line is average and Trubbish line is rubbish.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Sewaddle at least, hopefully Turtwig. I want to do a grass monotype playthrough and those are two Mons I want on my team badly.

I am honestly kind of excited to see who made the cut and who did not. I am trying to control my expectations, so I won't be crushed if Turtwig is out, but if I cannot get Sewaddle I will be pretty bummed, ha ha.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I’ve realized that Amoonguss literally has shields for hands and a cap that could be considered a helmet. It better be in these games now.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Sewaddle at least, hopefully Turtwig. I want to do a grass monotype playthrough and those are two Mons I want on my team badly.

I am honestly kind of excited to see who made the cut and who did not. I am trying to control my expectations, so I won't be crushed if Turtwig is out, but if I cannot get Sewaddle I will be pretty bummed, ha ha.
Nice to see someone else hoping Turtwig gets into this game! I think he may be the Pokemon I want the most to be in! And Minun of course.

ebevan91

I'm not so worried about who returns and who doesn't, but I'd like for some of the weaker or less popular Pokemon that do return to be improved on, whether it be through stat buffs, learnset changes, ability changes, or whatever.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm not so worried about who returns and who doesn't, but I'd like for some of the weaker or less popular Pokemon that do return to be improved on, whether it be through stat buffs, learnset changes, ability changes, or whatever.

I suspect that accusations of the Generation VII Pokémon who aren't Legendary or Ultra Beasts of being underpowered is exactly this in action. Game Freak's mechanics people are probably trying to scale Pokémon's effectiveness and, since they very rarely nerf anything (and never stats, only Abilities), they probably made them purposely underpowered to buff them later. The Alolan Pokémon are pretty reliant on their Abilities and signature moves, in particular, which provides an easy way to improve or tone down a Pokémon. Salazzle is not good enough? They can improve Corrosion to allow her to damage Steel-types with Poison-type moves, for example. Shiinotic too slow to do much? Put a +1 priority to Strength Sap. Wimpod and Golisopod have different Abilities that function the same--but perhaps only for now, and they might diverge in the future.

(This is Nintendo's method of handling game balance as well. In the updates for Splatoon and Splatoon 2, buffs greatly outnumber nerfs, and new weapons tend to not be that great. Much of the updates for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate involve enabling characters to perform actions they couldn't before, and Joker is the only post-release character so far to be high-tier.)

As for returning Pokémon, the one at the top of my list is Shuckle. No reason other than I like it.

Mhov

So far the majority of my favorite Pokemon haven't been confirmed.

To keep it short, up to three missing Pokemon per generation:
Gen 1: Wigglytuff, Poliwrath, Exeggutor
Gen 2: Blissey, Houndoom, Azumarill
Gen 3: Exploud, Walrein, Crawdaunt
Gen 4: Magnezone, Electivire, Porygon-Z
Gen 5: Zoroark, Bisharp, Volcarona
Gen 6: Tyrantrum, Dragalge
Gen 7: Araquanid, Oranguru, Alolan Sandslash

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
A new TV trailer for SWSH has been released in Japan
It doesn't have new gen 8 mons in it. But I spotted at least Munna & Pyukumuku in it being confirmed for galar. Check Serebii for details
Edit. Shuckle, Remoraid line, Torkoal, Skorupi line, Seedot line, Scraggy line & Pawniard line also have been confirmed so far. there might be more.

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

Also it was always assumed but this confirms the Seedot line. But since Lotad was in it would also make it in as well.

Also just checked Serebii and apparently this also confirmed Torkoal, Scrafty and Drapion so YAY!

Last edited:

zeroboxi

Finally Pyukumuku is confirmed. I wasn't ready to let go of my favorite Pokemon after only one generation. Now only waiting for Cloyster and Alomomola to hopefully be confirmed and I don't even care about Dexit anymore.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm still waiting on the following:

Alola Vulpix/Alola Ninetales
Scyther/Scizor
Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
Houndour/Houndoom
Carvanha/Sharpedo
Numel/Camerupt
Buizel/Floatzel
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Drillbur/Excadrill
Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
Zorua/Zoroark
Emolga
Larvesta/Volcarona
Skiddo/Gogoat
Skrelp/Dragalge
Rockruff/Lycanroc

The more I don't see these guys, the more it sounds like a lot of them will be out. If DP remakes are coming, luckily most of them should be in that game.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
The Seedot line being included is very notable as aside from Galar's Dex the only regional Dex it appeared in was its home region, Hoenn. R.I.P the Garchomp line is not yet confirmed, as least the Roserade, Kommo-o and Hydreigon lines are already in.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Remoraid being in was a given because Mantine was already confirmed and Mantyke can't evolve without Remoraid.

Leosnake

I am still hoping for the following pokemon lines in no particular order: Rockruff, Poochyena, Shinx, Carvanha, Murkrow, Absol, Horsea (we do have sea horses in our waters), Clauncher, Skrelp, Furfrou (we are next to France and connected by Euro tunnel and ferry. We also have a lot of dogs shows here including crufts.) Bellsprout (Oddish line has been confirmed and these two always seem to get paired in versions so...), Taillow and lastely Houndour, Ducklett, Phanpy and Aron. The last four of which I also feel might even get a Galarian form for reason I have re quoted myself as giving from the variations thread below.

As for Pokemon I would like to see get new forms:
Houndour line: the lack of seeing it worries me but ever since mega forms it has sort of been paired with the Electrike line as a version exclusive. Also there are a lot of ghost or what are referred to as black dogs in British folklore. Such as Church Grimm, Padfoot (you can tell where J.K got some of her mythos from), Muckle Black Tyke and Gwyllgi just to list four of them. So I would like to see it gain the ghost type, either becoming our second water/ghost line or maybe becoming pure ghost. Maybe our first ghost/rock type. Though this might not fit as well depending which one they base it off of.

Ducklett line: the only Pokemon line that game out after gen 3 and the least likely in my opinion on this wish list. We are an island with a lot of different water and costal birds, the Queen and royal family are so attached to Swans it is illegal to hunt or kill a swan as they are protected by the Queen. I feel this should keep the water typing but become part Fairy instead.

Phanpy line: this is partly assuming the mystery Pokemon we saw Chairman Rose throw out is not related to Polteageist is some way. I would love to see something to to recognize the connects and history between Britain and India. Based on the colour of the mystery Pokemon and Electirc/fire type would be interesting.

Aron line: in my mind when this line evolves it already looks Knight like. So maybe make it more so and give it Steel/fighting.

I also wrote this list assuming that the Charmander line might be in as some kind of weird Welsh representation (me and a friend of mine have a very real fear this might be the case for the red Welsh dragon) and as such that there might not be any other starters aside from the new ones. If not I would like to see the remaining gens one to four starters in this game. So that when remakes of gen four happen we can trade some between them and because I feel it would be most balanced to have gens 5-7 starters available in the next games. Well that and I really want Turtwig and Cyndaquil lines in glorious HD.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Are you serious, freaking Pyumuku is in this game and not Rockruff?
Why even cut Pokemon at all if the dead weight/unpopular Pokemon, are getting in?