• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokémon Do You Want To See Return In The Galar Regional Dex?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Are you serious, freaking Pyumuku is in this game and not Rockruff?
Why even cut Pokemon at all if the dead weight/unpopular Pokemon, are getting in?
But Pyukumuku is a very popular Pokemon though. At least it’s one of the most loved Gen VII ones.

sketchersmeargle

Why even cut Pokemon at all if the dead weight/unpopular Pokemon, are getting in?

Well ****, you can have your own opinion and all, but Pyukumuku is fricking great. Its not dead weight.

Leosnake

But Pyukumuku is a very popular Pokemon though. At least it’s one of the most loved Gen VII ones.

Well this and we are an island with many coastlines so that also makes sense.

To be fair there is still a chance Rockruff is in it. I mean just because we didn't see Rockruff in the commercial doesn't mean it isn't there. Plus I would be very surprised if it isn't because A) Rockruff was also very popular in Sun and Moon games, and got a lot of attention in the anime. B) because the UK which Galar is based on has a lot of both history and current events aorund and to do with dogs and finally C) if they likes of Avalugg and Maractus can fit into the environment of Galar. Which from what I understand is what they are going for. Then I see no reason why Rockruff could not.

Edit:
Well ****, you can have your own opinion and all, but Pyukumuku is fricking great. Its not dead weight.

I find it fun but have yet to decide on a move set for it.

SonDaan

Vive Le Vélo
Is it confirmed by Gamefreak that all the Pokémon in the trailer will be in SwSh?

ShadowForce720

Okay, here is the updated list with the new additions that was recently just revealed to be in the game (let me know if I miss any pokemon):

Grass:Grookey,Eldegoss,Leafeon,Tsareena,Abomasnow,Roserade,Ludicolo,Maractus, Gourgeist,Ferrothorn,Mow Rotom,Whimsicott,Vileplume and Bellossom, Cherrim, Trevenant, Shiinotic, Dhelmise, Shiftry

Fire:Scorbunny,Flareon,Arcanine,Charizard,(Kanto)Ninetales, Heat Rotom, Chandelure, Turtonator, Torkoal

Water:Sobble,Drednaw,Cramorant,Wishiwashi,Wailord,Vaporeon,Jellicent,Seismitoad, Mantine,Milotic,Pelipper,Lanturn,Gyarados,Seaking,Quagsire,Ludicolo,Golisopod,Lapras, Toxapex, Gastrodon(East Sea),Wash Rotom,Qwilfish, Pyukumuku, Octillery

Electric:Yamper,Morpeko,Raichu,Vikavolt,Jolteon,Lanturn,Galvantula,Manectric,Heliolisk,Rotom(all of it's forms), Togedemaru

Flying:Corviknight,Cramorant,Noctowl,Braviary,Butterfree,Charizard,Hawlucha,Mantine, Pelipper, Gyarados,Vespiquen,Drifblim,Togekiss,Noivern,Swoobat, Fan Rotom, Sigilyph, Unfezant, Farfetch'd, Mandibuzz, Xatu

Rock: Drednaw,Rolycoly,Tyranitar,Rhyperior,Onix,Gigalith, Sudowoodo, Shuckle

Ground:Flygon,Pupitar,Hippowdon,Rhyperior,Steelix,Golurk,Mudsdale,Seismitoad,Diggersby,Quagsire,Dugtrio(Kanto),Gastrodon(East Sea), Claydol, Mamoswine

Steel:Corviknight,Duraludon,Lucario,Steelix,Bronzong,Ferrothorn,Mawile, Togedemaru, Escavalier, Aegislash, Bisharp

Psychic: Galarian Ponyta ,Meowstic,Espeon,Wobbuffet,Malamar,Bronzong,Gardevoir and Gallade,Mew, Swoobat,Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Claydol, Gothitelle, Xatu, Musharna

Ghost: Polteageist,Dusknoir,Golurk,Gengar, Jellicent,Mimikyu,Drifblim,Froslass,Gourgeist, Rotom, Chandelure, Aegislash, Sableye, Trevenant, Dhelmise

Dark:Impidimp,Morpeko,Obstagoon(also includes Galarian Linoone), Hydreigon,Tyranitar, Umbreon,Pangoro,Malamar,Weavile,Liepard, Sableye, Mandibuzz, Bisharp, Drapion, Shiftry, Scrafty

Fairy:Impidimp,Alcremie,Galarian Weezing, Sylveon, Slurpuff, Gardevoir,Clefable, Togekiss, Mimikyu,Mawile,Whimsicott, Ribombee, Shiinotic

Dragon: Duraludon,Hydregion,Haxorus,Goodra,Noivern,Kommo-o, Turtonator, Drampa, Flygon

Ice:Glaceon,Abomasnow,Avalugg,Vanilluxe,Glalie and Froslass,Weavile,Lapras, Frost Rotom, Mamoswine

Poison:Galarian Weezing(also by extentsion either a normal Koffing or a Galarian Koffing depending on whether or not Koffing has a Galar form.),Gengar,Roserade,Garbodor,Toxapex, Toxicroak,Qwilfish, Vileplume, Skorupi and Drapion

Bug:Vikavolt,Butterfree,Vespiquen,Galvantula,Golisopod, Escavalier, Ribombee, Skorupi, Shuckle

Fighting: Sirfetch'd, Lucario, Sawk, Bewear, Hawlucha, Pangoro, Machamp, Gallade, Hitmonlee,Hitmonchan, Hitmontop,Kommo-o,Toxicroak,Conkeldurr, Throh, Scrafty

Normal: Wooloo,Obstagoon(also includes Galarian Linoone),Cinccino,Noctowl,Braviary,Snorlax,Eevee,Bewear,Diggersby,Heliolisk, Ditto, Unfezant, Farfetch'd, Drampa, Persian

Pokemon that we don't currently know the types for: Zacian,Zamazenta

Last edited:

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I am hoping Rockruff line, Gible line, and Aron lines are in it. However it wont stop me from playing the games if they arent.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, now that Shuckle has been confirmed, the next Pokémon I'd like to see return is Minior. What can I say? Not a lot of Rock-types confirmed, and Minior is one of my favorites of the type. It looks like a Luma from Super Mario Galaxy.

I can see us getting Charmander post game as a gift from Leon after whatever we do to help him. Let’s just hope he isn’t bad with nicknames like Shauna was in XY!

I find there is a charm in the corniness of the in-game nicknames. It was Mr. Mime being nicknamed Giles that got me started on naming all of the Pokémon I use for getting through the games and for use in multiplayer battling egular human given names. (I've since moved on to make sure the names fit the Pokémon in some way though. For instance, if I were to train a Melmetal, which is unlikely due to its Mythical status, I would name it Mercurio. If Sobble keeps the crying theme, I'd find a female one and name her Dolores.)

Remoraid being in was a given because Mantine was already confirmed and Mantyke can't evolve without Remoraid.

There was a discussion here about Karrablast being in but not Shelmet; this prompted a possibility that Karrablast would evolve in some other way. The same could've happened here, but it didn't. (I still think it's very likely Shelmet will be in, and thus so would Accelgor.)

It's one of my favorites of the generation.

Well this and we are an island with many coastlines so that also makes sense.

To be fair there is still a chance Rockruff is in it. I mean just because we didn't see Rockruff in the commercial doesn't mean it isn't there. Plus I would be very surprised if it isn't because A) Rockruff was also very popular in Sun and Moon games, and got a lot of attention in the anime. B) because the UK which Galar is based on has a lot of both history and current events aorund and to do with dogs and finally C) if they likes of Avalugg and Maractus can fit into the environment of Galar. Which from what I understand is what they are going for. Then I see no reason why Rockruff could not.

Edit:

I find it fun but have yet to decide on a move set for it.

Don't worry, neither can I. It's not an easy Pokémon to figure out, as it has no direct damaging moves. It's especially vulnerable to Taunt, even if you give it a Mental Herb. One thing I can tell is that you need to pick your opponents with Pyukumuku; there are some Pokémon it can go to town on and others where it just rolls over and dies, and that changes depending on if you're using Innards Out or Unaware.

Now that gets me thinking: Sword and Shield is set on an island region, but what about later games, which might not necessarily have the sea nearby? What if we get a region themed on the U.S. Midwest or Switzerland, where there aren't any seas or oceans nearby?

If Rockruff isn't in, it's probably just because they don't want to think about how to have people get access to Dusk Lycanroc yet.

That's something that would've needed to be changed regardless of how far into the future they'd bring Rockruff back. If you ask me, they'll most likely change it such that it's no longer relevant which version you're playing, and that a Rockruff will evolve into any of the three forms depending on the system clock.

I don't mind the graphics, but I always assumed Bewear would look more fluffy and furry and I don't like how he looks rubbery

Well, a major part of Bewear's inspiration is a mascot suit, some of which take on a rubbery/plastic appearance.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Talonflame,man!Robins and Peregrine Falcons are native to England.Just don't see why they weren't included.