• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokémon of Satoshi, his companions, and Team Rocket should evolve?

DuskAstral

1. Satoshi:
Buizel- Floatzel
Gible- Garchomp
Pignite- Emboar
Snivy- Servine
Boldore- Gigalith

2. Tracey
Scyther- Scizor

3. Dawn
Buneary- Lopunny

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Ash

Squirtle -> Wartortle at least
Totodile -> Feraligatr
Quilava -> Typhlosion
Gible -> Garchomp
Oshawott -> Dewott at least

Dawn

Quilava -> Typhlosion (not sure why this hasn't happened already tbh)

vondecayle

Ash should evolve Totodile, Snivy and Oshawott at least.

Ash:
Bayleef- Meganium
Quilava- Typhlosion
Gible- Gabite
Snivy- Servine
Pignite- Emboar
Scraggy- Scrafty
I am strictly against Ash evolving his Corphish, Squirtle, Totodile, Buizel, and Oshawott.

Brock:
Marshtomp-Swampert

Misty:
Horsea- Seadra

Lana:
Eevee- Vaporeon

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Dawn: Buneary > Lopunny, Quilava > Hisuian Typhlosion

Serena: Pancham > Pangoro

Lana: Eevee > Vaporeon (it makes sense but I love Sandy as he is so I don’t mind it)

PaperCutVictim

Pignite -> Emboar. It doesn't have anything against evolving, so might as well go whole hog (kek)

Squirtle -> Wartortle -> Blastoise. The sunglasses stay, and as little time on the Wartortle stage as possible.

I used to be all in on his Gible evolving into Garchomp, but screw it. Just ask Lusamine if he can have his Ultra Guardian ride pokemon. A gruff old man Garchomp interacting with his dumb (I mean this affectionately) Gible would be quite entertaining.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Ash:
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Garchomp
Hisuan Samurott

Misty:
Azumarill
Kingdra

Brock:
Golem
Swampert

Tracey:
Scizor

Dawn:
Lopunny
Hisuan Typhlosion (falls for Ash’s Johtoian one)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd like to see Waninoko [Totodile] evolve, mainly because I always felt that he was shafted the most out of Satoshi's Jouto Pokemon. Frankly, I'm surprised his evolution didn't occur when he returned at the end of DP, but I suppose the writers thought one Jouto Starter evolution was enough at the time.

Hu Tao

Serebii Lurker for at least half a decade
James' Mareanie should have evolved in Alola imo. Don't think a non-shiny Toxapex ever appeared in the anime. It would happen right after Jessie vs. James in the Alola league, and would make Gladion vs. James more interesting. Obviously plot wise it wasn't an important battle but it could have shown off Baneful Bunker and Merciless.

Trillion

ash:
  • totodile > croconaw > feraligatr [and it would retain it's personality]
  • gible > gabite > garchomp
  • oshawatt > dewott
  • scraggy > scrafty

Broseph08

As a kid, I always dreamed of him evolving Squirtle and Bulbasaur and rocking a team with all fully evolved Kanto starters (kinda like Red in the games) but that dream is long gone lol. Otherwise, I think he should have had a Dewott and Meganium and maybe even Garchomp.

I was hoping Dawn would have a Typholsion in her return but alas.

I wish Ash had gotten Mudkip in Gen 3 but even then, I wish Brock evolved Swampert since that line is still my favorite water starter in the entire franchise and it got paid dust smh

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
As a kid, I always dreamed of him evolving Squirtle and Bulbasaur and rocking a team with all fully evolved Kanto starters (kinda like Red in the games)
And wish he getting Eievui/Eevee and evolved it into A Eifie/Espeon as a counter to Shigeru's Blacky/Umbreon as well.

Last edited:

Psajdak

And wish he getting Eievui / Eevee and evolved it into A Eifie/Espeon a counter to Shigeru's Blacky/Umbreon as well
Look, just use English names only like everyone else.

Pokemon is one of those few anime where no one, except for people in Japan, uses Japanese names.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Look, just use English names only like everyone else.

Pokemon is one of those few anime where no one, except for people in Japan, uses Japanese names.
Nah, I am good.....don't worry about me....

Applecorp

Snivy, Oshawott, Totodile, Scraggy, Boldore. Basically all of Ash's base or middle stage Pokemon. But it's probably too late for anything to change now since he barely sees those Pokemon and even when he does it's only for a few seconds at most.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash -

Kanto - Perfection at this point, I wouldn’t want to change Bulbasaur or Squirtle anymore, despite the fact I would’ve evolved one of them in the past.

Johto - Quilava to Typhlosion only. I used to want Croconaw but at this point I love the idea of a Totodile stepping up against stuff it shouldn’t be able to compete with.

Hoenn - Can stay as it is, not too interested in Crawdaunt.

Sinnoh - Again, probably wouldn’t change a thing. Floatzel just isn’t interesting enough.. maybe Gible to Gabite or Garchomp?

Unova - Oshawott to Dewott, Pignite to Emboar, Snivy to Serperior and Boldore to Gigalith would be fine for me.

Kalos - N/A

Alola - Rowlet can stay as it is, Dartrix is horrible and Decidueye wouldn’t suit the personality.

Journeys - N/A