1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which Pokétch app do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by wastebasketman12, Jan 2, 2013.

1. wastebasketman12

wastebasketman12 New Member

Which Pokétch app do you miss the most?

One thing that bothers me about the 5th Generation games is the lack of the Pokétch.

Personally, I miss the Day-Care App the most. As a breeder, it was an awesome help to know when there was finally an egg for me to pick up.

Along those lines, the pedometer was nice to see how long it was expected for each egg to hatch.

2. Shayminslicker

Shayminslicker Comes out of Nowhere

I miss they daycare app.

So helpful to check your eggs without going to town.

3. Bramble

Bramble Well-Known Member

Those two were some of the most useful. The link searcher and berry searcher app was also a nice thing to have. The poketch was a great thing to have on the touch screen. If only they kept it, but there was an app that includes the C-Gear, too.

4. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I miss the step counter most of all. Maybe it isn't as useful in games that don't have a VS. Seeker, but I still liked being able to see how many steps I had taken. I don't miss that many of the other apps as they have been remade into items or been integrated in the game in a different way altogether. Maybe the breeding app, but I feel that the way eggs are announced in fifth generation is more than enough to make up for the lack of it.

5. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Day Care Checker, Friendship Checker, and Pedometer.

6. Canto

Canto Well-Known Member

Definitely Day Care Checker and Friendship Checker.

7. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

For me it's definitely the day care app. As someone who breeds constantly, it was my app of choice.

8. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Counter - I found it very useful when EV training. In Gen V, I've done fine tracking EVs by looking at how much PP I've used, but I liked using PP and this app in Gen IV. It lets me double check that I've counted my EVs right.

Memo Pad - fun to draw on when you need to kill some time.

Roulette - I liked playing games with it.

9. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

The Pokeradar... chain... thingy. I suppose it's moot now that the Pokeradar is unobtainable in Gen V, but it was the one I used most frequently. That and the Friendship Checker.

10. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

The step counter, the digital clock and the apps that records how many pokemon you've killed for chaining.
    I also like the coin.

11. abrar14

abrar14 Statter Master

The berry finder

12. asdfDAN

asdfDAN Member

Day-care app, pedometer, and dot artist.

13. Cloud_Arcanine

Cloud_Arcanine Scarlett starlett

Pedometer, day care, and the dowsing machine (I prefer the Sinnoh version of it to the other versions)

14. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

The Snorlax Kitchen Timer. I didn't actually use it, I just laughed at how it would hit it's belly.

15. I never really used any of them except for the Kecleon color-change app and the Dowsing machine.

16. Sorbet

Sorbet Slaying

The Day-Care app and the Step counter were really helpful. It's not really like I miss them, because every game brings something new and awesome with those Pokétch/Watch/Nav etc.

17. Flamer

Flamer Well-Known Member

When I was trying to evolve Pichu I really missed the happiness checker app. Having to go to that woman in Goldernrod City ever time was a right pain. Daycare app was pretty useful too, although I haven't done any breeding yet in SS or White if I ever do I'm sure I'll miss it.

18. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

the happiness checker, the daycare one, and the kecleon color changer (i just hated that default color.)

19. Cronkr

Cronkr Pokemon Breeder

Pedometer, daycare app, and friendly checker. Pretty much all for breeding purposes.

20. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

The friendship checker and the daycare checker. I didn't use any other app.