• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokemon can't you train because you don't have the patience?

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
I can't STAND Dragonite. I mean, Level 55? Are you serious? I almost threw my game out the window @_@ However, I did it....with Rare candies from my friends :(

AlexKZ

Hmm. I'd have to say Ditto. It always takes forever to EV train then level up even with Lucky Egg.

Shuckle...that fuçking blows...also, on a related note, don't get stuck with it battleing a arena trap trapinch with rollout as your only attack

I have problems training gible to gabite to garchomp. I can get gible earlier on in platinum, so the problem isn't as bad. It's still annoying.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
All the ones I currently have in Ruby, lol. It's just because there're so many; I'm used to having less than a full party, but if you look at my sig, you'll see I have quite a few of them. I'm probably just going to trade them all over to FireRed or Emerald or something and use the 1.5x experience to get them leveled up more quickly once I get a Wailmer and a Snorunt (the only two pre-evolved forms I don't have yet).

^that's not to bad, you should see the list of pokemon waiting to be bred or ev
Trained on my emerald...I think it's close to 30 pokemon, with two or three variations for each one

for me, its not a matter of training,
collecting. i wanted to SR for shiny Heatran, gave up.
and hatch shiny Chimchar,
well, im still doing that, but not alot

Devastator1

Blissey, I just dont have the patience to EV train that thing. It'll probably take 2 hours to put 100 Evs into its hp. it took me less that that to fully EV train heracross.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I tried to train a Nincada on Ruby a few weeks ago, but its weak attacks and the fact it grows so slow made me want to throw it out the window.

Devastator1

^uh, 10 hp ups?

yeah.... and when I'm done doing that dont I have another 100+ to put in HP?

blissey takes long cause it cant 1HKO the pokemons that gives it the EVs it wants like hera can. And I was being modest with 2 hrs.

Icy_Snorunt

Pokemon Coordinator
For me it was the Magikarp I got from the salesman next to Mt. Moon back in the R/B/Y days and currently Swablu in my Sapphire (for ingame team). It wasn't until I got the TM Facade that I started using her more often in my battles to train.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
For me it was the Magikarp I got from the salesman next to Mt. Moon back in the R/B/Y days

Me too! I got it to lv16 then got bored and I boxed it. I trained it on the route in between Celadon and Saffron.

CaseyGirl

Dont stand in my way
Magikarp, because the ones u mostly catch in the wild only now Splash...which literally does nothing!!! i mean holy crapola, it can only know up to 3 moves after all. most the time its even a pain to make it evolve into gyarados at lvl 20!!!

Anything that evolves at a really high level, like Dragonair. D:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I tried to train a Nincada on Ruby a few weeks ago, but its weak attacks and the fact it grows so slow made me want to throw it out the window.

Rofl. I tried training one in Emerald, just so it would evolve for PokeDex purposes. It literally took me a year. Every time I tried training it, I gave up and deposited it...