• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokemon deserve an evolution/pre-evolution?

Orphalesion

Because it'd make a lot of money without too much work. Give it a different starter like Vulpix or Growlithe, add One Island, Two Island, and Three Island, add some more rideable pokémon, and some other feature like a photo club, and it'll sell at least like five million copies. Perhaps even more because Starter Vulpix and Starter Growlithe would be unique to those games. Johto would be far more work. 100 more pokémon, a whole new region to make in 3D, all new animations for a ton of stuff like the Ecruteak dancing studio, spawning of Lugia and Ho-Oh, Suicune running on water, etc, figuring out how to incorporate roamers, figuring out if there's anything possible they could do to fix that horrible level curve.

However there isn't really a Pokemon that is as "iconic" as Pikachu or Eevee in Gen 1. Sure Growlithe and Vulpix are fairly popular, but they don't have mascot status like Pikachu and Eevee and I doubt they'd sell as well. So I don't see a third version like that happening.
Personally I expect Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee 2 happening at some point.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
However there isn't really a Pokemon that is as "iconic" as Pikachu or Eevee in Gen 1. Sure Growlithe and Vulpix are fairly popular, but they don't have mascot status like Pikachu and Eevee and I doubt they'd sell as well. So I don't see a third version like that happening.
Personally I expect Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee 2 happening at some point.
I suppose third versions with Pikachu and Eevee are also possible, would probably also sell well, and would save them the trouble of making new starter pokémon animations in the story. Anyway, probably best to drop this before the thread gets locked for discussing unannounced games

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
I don't really care too much about evolutions, but I would like a few new pre-evolved Pokemon. After seeing the G/S beta leak, I'd like to see a baby Meowth, Vulpix and Ponyta in ShSw just because they'd be cute.

While I like the thought of more baby Pokemon being made, it seems like most fans consider them to be unnecessary. In fact, one of the biggest complaints that fans had about Gen IV was that there were too many new baby Pokemon in that generation. So I feel like most fans wouldn't want more baby Pokemon in Gen VIII, either.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m all for new evolutions: pre evolutions and evolutions. I love all of the baby Pokèmon even if they’re Dex filler

Hanto

Water Addiction
- Jynx evo to make it similar to another Kanto counterparts (Rhydon, Tangela, Magmar, Electabuzz, Lickitung);
- Fighting/flying samurai crane evo for Farfetchd;
- Corsola evo;
- Male evo for Combee;
- Dragon type dunsparce evo;

MockingJ

Banned
I know that some people think Jynx deserves an evo to match Electabuzz and Magmar, but Jynx has always been a touchy subject so I don't think GameFreak will design an evolved form for her in case it ends up offending people.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

Evolution is fine to add in but pre-evolution is another story... i mean do you have any good reason to add pre-evolution other than "Cute" and "Fill the total number of new Pokemon"

I would like to see some evolution for Pokemon like Combee or Salandit since i don't like using Pokemon with female gender so giving male another evolution will be welcome by me.

Other than what i just said, i'm fine with the rest, some Pokemons who don't have any evolution form should be fine by it own but if they happen to got pre-evolution or evolution, i might not care that much but probably a bit fun to see...

DannyDiglett

pre evolution:

Lapras
Lickitung
Tropius
Carnivine
Skarmory
Druddigon
Bouffalant
Heatmor
Audino
Sigilyph
Turtonator

shared pre evolution:

Tauros & Miltank
Lunatone & Solrock
Throh & Sawk

evolution:

Farfetch'd (I hope the rumour is true)
Jynx
Luvdisc
Corsola
Stunfisk
Basculin
Spiritomb
Chatot
Torkoal
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Unown
Durant
Comfey
Electrode
Weepinbell (split evolution)

I never understood why the baby Kangaskhan isn't a separate Pokémon. I think that would make more sense (instead of giving Kangaskhan a Mega Evolution).

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Evolution is fine to add in but pre-evolution is another story... i mean do you have any good reason to add pre-evolution other than "Cute" and "Fill the total number of new Pokemon"

Yes, pre-evolutions allow you to capture and train Pokémon that are found at later stages very early. BW2 is the perfect example of featuring Magby and Elekid before the second badge, whereas Electabuzz and Magmar are often found after mid-game.

As for evolutions, the leaker said 'regional' evolutions so, I'm either expecting it to replace Galarian Forms or evolutions that can only happen in Galar, which is why I'm assuming Farfetch'd is evolving into 'SIR'fetch'd.

A few examples I'd like to see are: a split Goldeen evolution, Rapidash, Jynx, Dunsparce evolution and a Lapras pre-evolution (for now).

JW1004

I would personally like

Weepinbell
- Evolution

Jynx
- Evolution

Girafarig
- Normal/Ghost pre-evolution
- Pre-evolution evolving in either Ghost/Dark (where the tail is the dominant head) or Girafarig
- Both getting an evolution with their respective typing

Combee
- Male evolution

Throw/Sawk
- shared Pre-evolution
- both getting an evolution to set them apart from the hitmon line

Maractus
- Evolution, maybe as opposite of Cacturne and be Grass/Fairy

Spritzee
- Split Evolution Fairy/Poison based on plague doctor

Pancham
- Split evolution Fighting/Fairy type

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I have a question. What a pokemon gets a pre evolution, does the evolution then get boosted stats to go along with the evolved pokemon status?? Also yes I know it's a weird, but never really used pre evolutions or their evolutions in the games outside pokemon Pikachu for obvious reasons.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I know that some people think Jynx deserves an evo to match Electabuzz and Magmar, but Jynx has always been a touchy subject so I don't think GameFreak will design an evolved form for her in case it ends up offending people.

At worst an evolved form of Rougela (Jynx) might be excluded from the anime, but I don't think that would stop Game Freak from designing one in Gen VIII since they've designed two evolved forms of Porygon in the past in spite of Porygon's anime ban.

Red and Blue

Yeah that would definitely be opening Pandora's Box. SwSh has enough controversy as it is, lol

ShadowForce720

Yeah that would definitely be opening Pandora's Box. SwSh has enough controversy as it is, lol

Not really as they could just design Jynx's evolution in a way that doesn't offend people. I mean let's put it this way was giving Jynx a pre-evolution in Smoochum opening Pandora's Box and was it to controversial? No of course, so there is no reason to think that if Gamefreak were to decide to give Jynx an evolution that they couldn't come up with something that wasn't offensive.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Don’t see the logic in that considering Jynx got Smoochum in gen 2 alongside its color change. Where’s the controversy going to come from? The controversy is nearly 2 decades old: hardly anyone would be upset as majority of the comments I’ve seen about it are people trying to tell others the true intention and influence for Jynx’s design

Red and Blue

Not really as they could just design Jynx's evolution in a way that doesn't offend people.
What you and others find inoffensive can still be considered offensive by other people. That's the risk a Jynx evolution could present