• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokemon did Ash help the most?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
We know that Ash has a tendency to take weak, undisciplined or miserable pokemon, and raise them to be strong, heroic and happy. For me, I think its by far his best quality as a trainer. Its a lot more important to me than whether he wins or loses.

In that regard, what do you think was Ash's biggest success in raising a pokemon well?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Charmander and Chimchar

Leonhart

Imagineer
Aside from the obvious ones like Hikozaru and Hitokage, I really enjoyed seeing him save Pokabu from potential death given that it would've supposedly starved if it hadn't met Satoshi's group [even though I still don't quite understand how a piece of rope tied around its snout prevented it from eating].

I think Keromatsu is an honorable mention as well since it never would've attained its special transformation as a Gekkouga without meeting Satoshi.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Considering all we've seen on-screen, Chimchar. No doubt. But then it was more because he really needed more attention than any other pokémon Ash's had so far.

Latias? Really? He only knew her for like a day or two in the fifth movie. Saying that she was helped the most out of all Pokemon Ash has met doesn't sound right. Are you ignoring things like Charmander, Chimchar, Litten and Tepig on purpose?
saved the damn city and her brother before he died

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
We know that Ash has a tendency to take weak, undisciplined or miserable pokemon, and raise them to be strong, heroic and happy. For me, I think its by far his best quality as a trainer. Its a lot more important to me than whether he wins or loses.

In that regard, what do you think was Ash's biggest success in raising a pokemon well?
Chermander is the only one that meets all the requeriments you mention.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think "saving one from death" is the highest help he could give.

Saved Charmander from death
Saved Chimchar from death
Saved Tepig from death
Saved Pikachu from death multiple times
Saved lots of movie Pokemon from death

There's quite a few of them, aren't there?

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I think "saving one from death" is the highest help he could give.

Saved Charmander from death
Saved Chimchar from death
Saved Tepig from death
Saved Pikachu from death multiple times
Saved lots of movie Pokemon from death

There's quite a few of them, aren't there?
I mean that what he is
I still remember he tried to save firebird who he could recall but nonetheless he jump to the lava

RafaSceptile

I mean that what he is
I still remember he tried to save firebird who he could recall but nonetheless he jump to the lava
Also Pikachu...twice, but at least you can make the excuse that Pikachu don't like to be in its Poké Ball

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
According to the first post the OP is asking which Pokemon that was weak and miserable Ash raised the best so why would Latias count?

Chimchar is the most obvious answer and Charmander too but I always felt Ash put in a lot of hard work making Cyndaquil less pathetic over time too
When was Cyndaquil ever pathetic? A total scaredy-cat, sure, but it took down Bugsy's Scyther all by itself essentially.