• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

which pokemon do you class as rare

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I usually don't classify legendaries or event pokemon as "rare" because they're encountered in special circumstances. Pokemon that only appear in a few places and have a very low encounter rate are the rare ones. Off the top of my head, here are a few I can think of:

Ralts (RSE)
Surskit (RSE)
Chimecho (RSE)
Cryogonal (BW)
Feebas (RSE)

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Old events, Feebas, Tynamo(1% chance of finding lol), shinies, and flawless wild pokemon.o-o

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
With the trading scene like it is, very few breedable pokemon can be considered rare.

On the other hand, I find happiness evolution pokemon difficult to obtain, they're usually the last things I end up with when trying to complete the dex. Legend exclusive to one game and event legends exclusive to one country also.

Incidentally, I believe one of the rarest pokemon may be shiny Manaphy, given its unique circumstances.

Tom the Warrior

I think non-5th gen Feebas was the rarest(besides event legends)

4th-Gen Feebas were easy to get thanks to the GTS. Got one off of there and proceeded to breed him like crazy.

As for rare Pokemon, legendaries, shinies, and the extremely rare ones like Chimecho(though I had a friend who encountered them all the time, caught like 10 just because in Ruby).

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
definitely right. did anyone actually find one in RSE without looking up how to find it first?

My brother did. I remember the exact spot too. Shame I can't remember the saying in Dewford at the time. It was weird, on that same spot we found like five in a row. Bred like crazy and got a good natured one and eventually got Milotic.

Speaking of, I think Milotic in gen. 3 is a rare one to own. First you've got to find a Feebas and then you've got to make enough Pokeblocks to get its beauty maxed out...

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I agree with the others... Old event pokemon are rare. And I personally don't think Cyroganol is rare because all you have to do is ride around for about 5-10 min and you can find one. And don't get me started on Feebas in Sapphire... I gave up... -_-

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
Shinies and [old] events. Other that that, I'd say a Ditto, considering I can't find one myself. I don't know much, hmm.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Munchlax in D/P/Pt was pretty damn hard to find for me. It took me days to find one.

I actually caught quite a few Feebas in my Emerald version. I don't remember how, but I know that I evolved one into a Milotic.

MHugs

Swadloon cuddle~
Shinies and event-only Legendaries. Mostly shinies, because infrequent event giveaways just don't seem as 'rare' as the tiny chance for shinies.

pinkchomby

The Heir of Space
well i think the non legendary rares and starters and shinies and even rarer are the rare legends: celibi, mew, and arceus starters:duh. non legends: zoroua, zoroark, the elemental monkeys, lucario, all that stuff

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Pokemon that are generally hard to find in the wild. And shinies.
Pokemon like Feebas, Chansey, Sudowoodo (in HG/SS, at least), Togepi, Shuckle (In P/D/Pt), etc.