• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

which pokemon do you class as rare

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Rare should be 1 of a kind Pokemon. Arcues, Mewtwo, Groudon are classify as rare.

Pokemon that are not rare include Lugia, Shaymin, Celebi and any others where it show multiple Pokemon in the anime.
games>anime
Pretty much anything i cant breed with a ditto I classify as rare
Nidoqueen & Unown are Rare?

If its event exclusive, or has an encounter rate lower than 5% I consider it rare. So yes, I consider Vespiquen rare.

M4zz

Banned
Pokemon that require to be at or above level 45 to evolve. Ingame, you wont find many, so naturally, that makes them rare. Here's a list of those Pokemon:

Dragonite
Tyranitar
Flygon
Metagross
Salamence
Garchomp
Vanilluxe
Klingklang
Haxorus
Mienshao
Bisharp
Mandibuzz
Braviary
Hydreigon
Volcarona

I don't find legendaries to be rare, as you can find some in every game. And it's not like we're in short supply of them on the GTS.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
Most legendaries aren't really "rare" since they always appear at a pre-determined location and you are usually directed to them by the game's storyline, hence they are virtually effortless to find.

Pokemon I'd classify as rare are ones that do not appear often in the wild, are extremely difficult to catch (i.e Chansey in some games), are promotional-event only pokemon (Mew), or other misc rarities (such as starter pokemon, which most people like to keep since they're your first pokemon).

shinies, roaming legendaries(cresselis, raikou etc.), friggin pokeradar pokemon(takes a long time to get them), and maybe depending on accesibility event pokemon. I won't say legendaries because there's a 100% encounter chance and as long as you're well prepared, you should be ok.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
By definition, a Pokemon which doesn't appear very often or a difficult to obtain I'd class as rare haha.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Any Pokémon that can be classified as "Ambiguous" fits my def.

Swamptorizard

OU Battler
Rarity varies

In my opinion the Rarity of a pokemon is classified as shiny and the percentage of finding something in the wild and/or number of them such as Legendiaries and other pokemon such as Metagross, Dragonite, and Milotic. Legendaries are rare since there is only one, the later are rare since there is only a very small chance to find in the wild.

Road

Shiny Master
I agree with Swamptorizard, though it seems these days it seems like nothing is "rare" thanks to WiFi trading. I mean, with the right connections (ahah, unintended pun), you can get anything, and lots of it.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Probably Mew and Celebi because they are only available by event unless you are hacking, yet Celebi is common now because the event was recent-ish.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Zorua/Zoroark are very rare, as U can't really get em by yourself unless you were able to relocate the 4 event Pokemon successfully.. provided you didnt miss any of those events.
(Thank Goodness I'm a good 5 minute walk to my gamestop)

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I wouldn't class most legendaries as rare, because there's normally one of them just waiting for you to capture it. Yes there's only one, but it's still easily available. Pokémon like Feebas I would class as rare.

Gen 4 was ok, but OMG gen 3 wtf. I remember my friend caught a feebas in ruby, but then blew his chance to evolve it by feeding it a non beauty poffin.

PokeCrossbow

Pokemon Hunter
on gen 3 yes I have to agree with the ppl, Feebas! and ye Munchlax as you had to wait hours hoping its munchlax on that honey tree not a combee or a pineco :/

I ended up getting Feebas and Munchlax from GTS :p

Waterlover711

<=my doggy(prof.pic)
feebas, all the legendaries, dratini(finding it in gen. 5 is hard, if you have black then finding throh(opposite of white for sawk), sometimes its hard to find all of the unown(ifyour trying to complete the alphabet),wailord(for hoenn with the super rod), some dragons were hard to find for some versions, there are many more but i cant think of them for now....