• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

which pokemon do you class as rare

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
Anything that meets one or more of the following requirements is rare:

*Has a less than 10 percent chance of appearing at any time, i.e. it's highest chance of appearing in any evolutionary form is 10%.
Ex. Munchlax in DPPt, Chimecho in RSE, Cryogonal in BW

*There is a limited number of them or less in the specific game.
Ex. Snorlax in RBY, Castform in RSE, Sudowoodo in HGSS.

*They are classified as legendary.
Ex. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina

*They are Shiny.
Ex. Any Shiny, Red Gyarados from GSCHGSS

*THey are obtained through event only.
Ex. Mew, Celebi, Manaphy.

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
Shaymin (Sky). Just because even if you decide to cheat, it's still difficult to get a workable code for it.

Playing legit, everything the lovely Eivui said.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Rare should be 1 of a kind Pokemon. Arcues, Mewtwo, Groudon are classify as rare.

Pokemon that are not rare include Lugia, Shaymin, Celebi and any others where it show multiple Pokemon in the anime.

Cryogonal are pretty rare, and Cubchoo were kind of rare before Winter. Of course, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect are the rarest.

Everyone here has a legendary.. so do you class them as rare?

I only class Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys as 'rare' really as I can't bloody get them. Impossible, basically.

They all somewhat recently had events... although I realize you might not have access to events.

I agree with eivui except for the legendaries since you can get one in each game.
Feebas is pretty rare.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Anything that has lower than or equal to a 10% rate of being found. I don't consider most legendaries to be rare because they're just waiting there for you to capture. Limited in numbers, obviously, but not rare.

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
Feebas in the older games. Was a pain

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I think that shinies that are found in the wild, not bred, not RNG'd, and not chained, are rare. The 100% random occurring ones.

Also, I feel like Deoxys is the rarest legendary right now (besides Keldeo, Meoletta, and Genesect), because it seems to have the least amount of events, especially in the recent games.

Celebi used to be rarer, but there was the recent event, making it easier to obtain. Same with Jirachi.

Mew in RBY, Celebi in GSC, event/exclusive Pokemon, and shiny Pokemon.

Mew was easy, you didn't even need to hack it. Celebi wasn't possible without hacking if you were outside of Japan .. so that was the rarest thing ever. T__T

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Anything that has lower than or equal to a 10% rate of being found. I don't consider most legendaries to be rare because they're just waiting there for you to capture. Limited in numbers, obviously, but not rare.

This is pretty much it. Legendaries are rare when you consider there's only one per game, but you're guaranteed to find one if you go looking. Whereas if you're trying to find a Feebas, you've got such a poor chance of finding it.