• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokemon do you feel is too unispired?

Personally, I find Farfetch'd to be way too boring and mundane compared to most Pokemon. He either needs a design revamp or a new evolution.

Give him crazy steel-edged tail or something, come on Game Freak!

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
No, Farfetch'd is a gimmick Pokémon so I doubt it's going to get an evolution. Dunsparce however, really needs an evolution as it's too uninspired for me!

NINJA PENGUIN

Skarmory is good in the Competitive batting area, but as a pokemon its WAY to boring, give it a Evolution, or even a prevolution.

Salamence, it's basically just a Dragonite but painted blue.

1ee7leader

Voltorb and Electrode...give them a Great ball evolution...:D

ArabGamer

Ekans and Arbok..... they're basically snakes :D

Squaaah

I dont mind the way some pokemon actually look like the animals the're based off. Imo some of the coolest ones are basically their old animals, like Tauros.

What I dont like is when an Evolution looks exactly the same as its pre evo, a bit like Floatzel. I wish they;d done more to make it look different.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Combee is a honey comb with three faces, with a couple wings. Pretty self-explanatory.

Also, several of the designs for fourth generation Pokemon are somewhat disappointing, even now. It seems like the imagination of some of the designers have exausted themselves. Many fourth gens Pokemon seems to be stealing traits of past Pokemon, and some basically duplicates of there animal counterparts.

1ee7leader

Combee is a honey comb with three faces, with a couple wings. Pretty self-explanatory.

Also, several of the designs for fourth generation Pokemon are somewhat disappointing, even now. It seems like the imagination of some of the designers have exausted themselves. Many fourth gens Pokemon seems to be stealing traits of past Pokemon, and some basically duplicates of there animal counterparts.

I like Combee, yeah and you're right bout the 4th gens.

superjesus1

Probably the diglett family for me. I mean dugtrio was alright but diglett was just a head poking out of the ground with an unknown body. They could have had like a thing that looked more like a real mole that's body disappeared underground upon evoluton, instead of a whack a mole style thing.

One things agreed though, a lot of fourth gen pokemon are disappointing, though i'm glad a scorpion pokemon came out, and a yanma evolution :D

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
The most uninspired, huh? For me I think it's Unown. Honestly, all they are is letters with an eye on them. Except for the "!" and "?" they're punctuation marks with half-lidded eyes on them.

Maruno

Voltorb and Electrode...give them a Great ball evolution...:D
Their shiny forms are blue/white, which is almost a Great Ball (and is probably why they're blue/white).

I dont mind the way some pokemon actually look like the animals the're based off. Imo some of the coolest ones are basically their old animals, like Tauros.

What I dont like is when an Evolution looks exactly the same as its pre evo, a bit like Floatzel. I wish they;d done more to make it look different.
I agree on both counts. I like Farfetch'd, even if it may be a bit too "real" for some people. I don't even see it as a gimmick pokémon - it's as much of a gimmick as Cubone is with its skull, or Voltorb is with being a round thing. Why is Farfetch'd labelled "gimmick" while others with their own unique characteristics aren't?

I have the problem of distinguishing between Buisel and Floatsel, to the extent that I don't know which one comes first. I also have a small difficulty recognising between Pidgeotto and Pidgeot - aside from the hairdo they're pretty much identical.

Combee is just stupid.

Lack of imagination: examples?

Probably the diglett family for me. I mean dugtrio was alright but diglett was just a head poking out of the ground with an unknown body. They could have had like a thing that looked more like a real mole that's body disappeared underground upon evoluton, instead of a whack a mole style thing.
I was going to say Diglett too. I know it's one of the original ones, and therefore we're not allowed to criticise them, but y'know, a dome on the ground isn't a good pokémon. Its evolution doesn't make any kind of sense either - why does it triplicate? Magnemite at least has a reason for it.

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
The most uninspired, huh? For me I think it's Unown. Honestly, all they are is letters with an eye on them. Except for the "!" and "?" they're punctuation marks with half-lidded eyes on them.

Yes i agree.

Also i think Cherubi Cherrim is OK but Cherubi is just a couple of cherries. CHERRIES WTF?

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Latios/Latias
Arceus
Dialga
Palkia
Celebii

The first ones that pop into my mind.

You find these to have a lack of imagination in their designs?

Fair enough... ._.

Highly surprised no one's mentioned Caterpie. It's hardly got any distinguishing features now has it? Likewise Magikarp, which I admittedly have a soft spot for.

But, for me, the least inspired Pokémon, in terms of improvements from it's evolution, is Poliwrath.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
I think Palkia and Dialga look like something made of lego :/
The Caterpie and Weedle lines are uninspired I'd say. As are Cascoon/Silcoon etc. Although I do like butterfree and Beautifly, they're not very original.

Haha Darkfall you must have posted that while I was still slowly typing :)

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I think Palkia and Dialga look like something made of lego :/
The Caterpie and Weedle lines are uninspired I'd say. As are Cascoon/Silcoon etc. Although I do like butterfree and Beautifly, they're not very original.

Haha Darkfall you must have posted that while I was still slowly typing :)

Silcoon and Cascoon are nice but summore differences would've been helpful.

S'cos I have the typing dexterity of a Hindu God.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Haha.

I think the ones that resemble real animals and plants are not as bad as the robot/lego like ones, such as Groudon and Kyogre. I just find them really un-pokemon like if you get what I mean?

Also feel that Latias and Latios are just colourful Lugias.