• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokemon game had the best repeatable content?

huhuh

• Red / Green / Blue / Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crystal

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Fire Red / Leaf Green / Emerald

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Platinum / Heart Gold / Soul Silver

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Black 2 / White 2

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • X / Y / Alpha Sapphire / Omega Ruby

• Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon

• Sword / Shield

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Colosseum / XD

• Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I would have titled this "Which Pokemon game had the best post-game" but that might have had implications I was asking for which one had the best post-game story.

What I'm asking for is, what is a Pokemon game that you could clear all the story-related content of, but still have content you could play for hours and hours of fun with without having to resort to restarting the game? Maybe there's multiple that fit the description but which one do you think did it best?

Leonhart

Imagineer
HeartGold/SoulSilver had the Pokéthlon, which is probably my favorite side activity in any game because it never gets tiring. The Underground in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum would be my second choice.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
USUM
I PLAYED THOSE SO MANY TIMES, IT’S NOT EVEN FUNNY

all hail ultra wormholes

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Platinum. It had just about everything Pokemon had done at the time plus more. It had a full Battle Frontier, Contests, Secret Bases but added the Sinnoh Underground on top of it, the Safari Zone, the Game Corner, Gym Leader rematches through the Battleground, the Villa, Wi-Fi Plaza. Easily the best extra content Pokemon's ever had.

Richardbx01

Battle tree - sun and moon is my favorite.
which mainly focuses on the battle tree. The Battle Tree is a building in the northern part of the island of Pony where players can take part in battles. The goal is to get the highest winning streak, with each loss resetting the player's entire winning streak.
Battle Tree is also included in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
The answer is Emerald. The most content rich game in the history of the franchise!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Dynamax Raids are great, except you only catch the legendaries and ultra beasts ONCE. And don't use the AI partners. Invite people or friends.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Emerald's Battle Frontier is loads of fun and a great place to visit in the post game often. Same with the one in Platinum/HGSS to a lesser extent.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Emerald's Battle Frontier is loads of fun and a great place to visit in the post game often. Same with the one in Platinum/HGSS to a lesser extent.
But the Battle Frontier and the Battle Towers are known to not fight fair or the AI has movesets not acessible to the player. Lance was infamous for having Barrier on a Dragonite and a event where players could get one but then no Dragonite has ever learned Barrier again. In Emerald Cooltrainer Dianne in Victory Road has a Lanturn with only Earthquake

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Honestly, Sword & Shield.

The Wild Area and Max Raid Battles were so much fun, I spent literally hundreds of hours doing that alone. Nearly two and a half years went by before I started a new game, and the only reason I started over is because I'm retiring my character Salem.