• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which pokemon movies were not needed or pointless?

Sayho1234

Pokemon 4Ever was totally pointless & not needed at all since the anime was already foreshadowing a huge arc for Celebi in Johto with the buildup of the GS ball plot.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
None of the Pokemon movies seemed 2b pointless or not needed IMO

HoennMaster

Technically they are all unneeded and pointless since they don't impact the plot of the anime and the only reason they are made is to showcase the Legendaries which could be done in the anime.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
In reality, HoennMaster has the point, just because the movies are never referred to in the show ever after.

What I mean is they are not central to any plot because there is no continuity. They just market legendaries that are too special to go in the show. Which is a shame, because if the writers actually bothered incorporating movies into the general scheme of the animé, Im sure they could do an immense job.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Jirachi Wish Maker - Did they need to see Jirachi for the first Hoenn Movie, it could have appeared on a later movie. Wouldn't Kyogre or Groudon of fitted much more better? (Fake groudon doesn't count) This movie to me kinda just proved that the movies were just for the gang to see legendary pokemon, every 1000 years, Jirachi appears, what are the chances seriously.

Really? A Groudon and Kyogre film, and the start of AG? Where have I heard something similar? Oh yeah, the 10th movie, which features the mascots of the core 4th Generation games. I think you're looking back and basing your opinions about movie 6, on movie 10. Even though, movie 6 came before movie 10, and the writers probably wouldn't have ever thought to feature the game mascots in a film like that :c

Phantom Champion Zoroark - i haven's seen this yet but from what i've heard it wasn't worth it.

If you haven't seen it, don't judge. Don't believe all those rumors; you might be surprised once you see the actual movie and find that it's not so bad :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Okay to me all the movies after the first movie just don't even compare. I mean the first movie had it all and the rest just didn't add up to the first one. Maybe the 5th movie because Ash got his first kiss and the story line was good. I don't think any of the movies were pointless though.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
What about Pokemon 2000? In the episodes where Ash see's a baby lugia doesnt he mention to Brock that he saw a Lugia in the Orange Islands? Or is that something else...

LKH9

UberN00b
It's all a matter of preference, I myself don't like all the AG movies. Kanto, Jotho and Sinnoh movies are the best. I'm looking forward to the 13th movie eng-sub.

It only sucks because the in the anime, the characters act like they have never seen the legendaries in the previous movies.

e9310103838

Phantom Champion is very attractive.

It has used the simple plot, but we can't see in the first time.

Its ED summarized Sinnoh Saga.

The little shortcoming is Celebi so weak......

Maybe after you have looked, you will have a new look.;026;

absolalone111

I found the Jirachi Wish Maker movie completly useless because there was no point to it with Max being the main character.

I didnt like it eather, no point realy.

If you notice at the end of the pokemon movie with lucario and broks bosly in the creadits you se the doctor who used jirachi to get that groudon with his partner in the rock hills.

Sayho1234

In reality, HoennMaster has the point, just because the movies are never referred to in the show ever after.

What I mean is they are not central to any plot because there is no continuity. They just market legendaries that are too special to go in the show. Which is a shame, because if the writers actually bothered incorporating movies into the general scheme of the animé, Im sure they could do an immense job.

Pokemon: The First Movie & Pokemon 2000 say hello :).

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
What about Pokemon 2000? In the episodes where Ash see's a baby lugia doesnt he mention to Brock that he saw a Lugia in the Orange Islands? Or is that something else...

Nop, that is what happened. The first two films are mentioned/acknowledged in the series. Well sort of and at least Ash & co have memories of them.

Anyway, not sure if i would go as far as to call them pointless but at least in my opinion there's a decline in quality after the fourth movie. The 5th one could as well just be a small arc in the series. If i had to give the title of a pointless Pokemon film, Heroes would get this prize. Aside from the somewhat beautiful Latios/Latias story and Ash's (awkward) first kiss, there's nothing interesting to be honest. Not to mention that the whole thing with those two TR members wasn't that great.

On a second thought, both "Jirachi, The Wish Maker" and "Destiny Deoxys" weren't great films as well.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
well, if we're looking at "necessity" of a Pokemon film, and not so much actual quality or anything.... I'd probably say the 3rd movie. I mean, it didn't feature a next gen Pokemon, it didn't feature a promotional legendary (causing everyone who didn't hack to wait another year before Celebi could be officially revealed), and its featured legendary? Entei.... just one seemingly randomly-selected member of the token trio of lesser legendaries (though to be fair, Suikun got a ton of special treatment itself just for the hell of it... how does a "Crystal" theme even fit in with Gold and Silver?). To be even more technical, the Entei was a fake and the feature Pokemon was... Unknown. Not even a legendary, really.

TicoPokemonMaster

QUOTE=triangle;11723509]i agree with this, I felt like mew and the regis where just thrown in there without to much thought, and the plot just didn't do it for me.[/QUOTE]

FOR THE LAST TIME LUCARIO MOVIE DEBUTED ASH'S USE OF AUORA.

thank you for listening

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Pokemon: The First Movie & Pokemon 2000 say hello :).

OK, Ill confess now, I havent seen 2000, what are you referring to?

But, in respect to the first movie, that was a great film in that Ash actually used his team to battle. WHat I was discussing is how now the team does nothing. They come, they see, Pikachu Thunderbolts, Ash in particular yells a lot, TR break the 4th wall......and leave. Movie 1, not just for nostalgia sakes was perfect because it pushed to the forefront Ash's Pokemon, the feelings, goals and imagination of a Pokemon through having Mewtwo entirely intelligible, and talking.

Eloi

All of them were filler, so I can safely say we didn't need any of them. Why not tie the legendaries and interesting villains to the actually show's plot? I mean, it would be like if Pokemon Special were to have those epic battles and they tacked on at the end "Oh and none of this changes anything, no one remembers, status quo is God.". Its annoying that the Anime doesn't try to go for the big epic plotlines in-show.