• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokemon region are you in the most?

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
As in which region of the 7 generations do you usually find yourself roaming around the most?

For me I guess I’m going to have to say Johto and Sinnoh

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Sinnoh because it's the best.
In order from.most visits to least visits:
Sinnoh>Unova>Kalos>Alola>Hoenn>Kanto>>>>Johto

Honestly me too. I’ve been falling for Sinnoh hard lately. Something about it’s terrain makes me want to pick it up and play it.

Whereas Kalos and Unova feel too urban, Sinnoh in a way represents what a Pokemon adventure should be about. I just feel Sinnoh is geographically the coolest region to date and it’s one I’ll always go back to.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'd say Johto. SoulSilver is the game I play the most, and I always enjoy roaming the region with my Pokémon following me closely behind. I usually collect Apricorns for making juice and Poké Balls, but I also like re-battling the Trainers and Gym Leaders. So I'd technically say I'm often in Kanto too, since you can visit the two regions in the Gen 2 games.

I'm also a frequent visitor to Hoenn and Alola, again for Berries and Trainer rematches. These three just so happen to be my favourite regions. :D

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
B2W2 Unova by a landslide for me. The games greatly expanded the region making it less linear than BW and the postgame contributed a lot as well. The next one is Hoenn since I really like the region's design despite too much water. All the other regions come after those two and then there's Kanto.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
1)B2W2 Unova
2) Sinnoh
3) Hoenn
4) Kalos
5) Kanto
6) Johto
7) Alola

Unova and Sinnoh were great regions to explore, with the former taking it slightly. There were plenty of areas, and these regions were somewhat challenging and fun to explore, and were not linear.

Hoenn comes next, and despite having so much water, the tropical feel of the region made it a fun region to experience. Kalos was also not bad, though Lumiose was annoying to explore (though I give credit for it being Pokémon's first ever mega city). I especially loved everything from Lavere City onwards, such as route 15, Dendemille, and Anistar.

Then we come to Kanto, and yes, it can be pretty boring, but it's not dead last because it was the first ever region so I'm not being so harsh. In fact, while LGPE may annoy me in many ways, the one thing I'm really looking forward to is seeing Kanto again in HD.

Lastly, it's between Johto and Alola, with the former again edging out. Johto's main issue was that it was really small (infact the whole region can be covered without fly). Johto did have some nice scenery and places like national park, but overall, it just felt like Kanto was always meant to be the main appeal, even though Johto was the primary region for GSC and HGSS.

Dead last is Alola. Sad to say, this region is just not fun to explore and roam around. Each island feels so limited, and there's so many blocked areas in game till you clear certain requirements. Melemele Island has got to be the blandest place to explore in any Pokémon game, and Poni was just barren. Akala and Ula'ula were the only islands with some substance, but even then, the amount you could explore in these two islands is far less than previous regions.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Sinnoh and then Kanto (courtesy of it having like a billion revisits). Funnily enough Kanto is probably the only map I know off by heart

I sometimes struggle with remembering Kanto's layout. The cities are in weird places across the map, there's loads of underground tunnels and caves which go under some cities, and there's a great bit of sea south of Pallet and Fuchsia where Cinnabar is. I actually didn't remember where Vermilion was in Kanto until I remembered it was on the sea somewhere. :p

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
B2W2 Unova by a landslide for me. The games greatly expanded the region making it less linear than BW and the postgame contributed a lot as well. The next one is Hoenn since I really like the region's design despite too much water. All the other regions come after those two and then there's Kanto.

I was in Unova all last summer binging on Pokémon World Tournament. Might have to head back there after my current trek through Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Definitely Hoenn. It was the region where it all started for me

Nockturne

It used to be Sinnoh, but since G/S/C came out on the virtual console its definitely Gen 2 Johto. Even though I started with Red when Pokemon first blew up, Silver always held more nostalgia for me. I think it might be because I was slightly older so my memories are clearer of playing through it the first time. And when I played Red I didn't really know what to expect, but I went into Silver already loving Pokemon.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
It used to be Sinnoh, but since G/S/C came out on the virtual console its definitely Gen 2 Johto. Even though I started with Red when Pokemon first blew up, Silver always held more nostalgia for me. I think it might be because I was slightly older so my memories are clearer of playing through it the first time. And when I played Red I didn't really know what to expect, but I went into Silver already loving Pokemon.

Nice. If you mind me asking what makes you choose GSC over HGSS?

Nockturne

I think its just the sheer, unmitigated, nostalgia of it all. For me those visuals, that music, those animations are how Pokemon is supposed to look and sound. I don't mean that in a genwunner/superiority kind of way, its just that's my idea of "classic" Pokemon. And Gen 2 was a great time to be a Pokemon fan, it was still new and exciting, I was the "right" age to be as into it as I was. It was still a very present and visible pop culture phenomenon, everyone was still collecting the trading cards, the movies were still getting released in theatres. And Pokemon has never just been about the games for me, I've always enjoyed the whole shabang games/cards/anime etc. So for me Gen 2 is my Pokemon sweet spot, it was a very cool time in my life and a great time for Pokemon. And it reminds me of other stuff from that time as well, like the days when I'd rush home from school to play Pokemon Silver, while watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Britney Spears playing on the radio in the kitchen while my mum cooked turkey dinosaurs for dinner. I know all this might sound overly romantic but Gen 2 pokemon is sort of my madeleine moment.

And while I do still enjoy HG/SS (Gen 4 is my second favourite generation) everything was just a bit different when it came about, I was still super hyped but the rest of the world (outside of fan forums) had sort of dropped off. I was older so some aspects stopped appealing to me, like I started to find the filler episodes of the anime boring. At that point I think Mystery of the Unown was the last movie that played in theatres where I live, the whole culture around Pokemon was just a lot more muted and subdued. So while HG/SS have things like the physical/special split, more divers move sets, other quality of life improvements, they just don't hold the same magic that G/S/C do for me.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I think its just the sheer, unmitigated, nostalgia of it all. For me those visuals, that music, those animations are how Pokemon is supposed to look and sound. I don't mean that in a genwunner/superiority kind of way, its just that's my idea of "classic" Pokemon. And Gen 2 was a great time to be a Pokemon fan, it was still new and exciting, I was the "right" age to be as into it as I was. It was still a very present and visible pop culture phenomenon, everyone was still collecting the trading cards, the movies were still getting released in theatres. And Pokemon has never just been about the games for me, I've always enjoyed the whole shabang games/cards/anime etc. So for me Gen 2 is my Pokemon sweet spot, it was a very cool time in my life and a great time for Pokemon. And it reminds me of other stuff from that time as well, like the days when I'd rush home from school to play Pokemon Silver, while watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Britney Spears playing on the radio in the kitchen while my mum cooked turkey dinosaurs for dinner. I know all this might sound overly romantic but Gen 2 pokemon is sort of my madeleine moment.

And while I do still enjoy HG/SS (Gen 4 is my second favourite generation) everything was just a bit different when it came about, I was still super hyped but the rest of the world (outside of fan forums) had sort of dropped off. I was older so some aspects stopped appealing to me, like I started to find the filler episodes of the anime boring. At that point I think Mystery of the Unown was the last movie that played in theatres where I live, the whole culture around Pokemon was just a lot more muted and subdued. So while HG/SS have things like the physical/special split, more divers move sets, other quality of life improvements, they just don't hold the same magic that G/S/C do for me.

Johto for life.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Hoenn, because it has a lot of different environments (even diving that is not limited to a single location) and is non-linear. I also like Johto because of its oriental theme and Sinnoh because of its huge size and explorable locations. I've never played any of the Kalos and Alola games, so I can't say much about these regions. Kanto is just very flat and generic, and many of its routes are way too short, and Unova is too linear and urban.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Hoenn, because it has a lot of different environments (even diving that is not limited to a single location) and is non-linear. I also like Johto because of its oriental theme and Sinnoh because of its huge size and explorable locations. I've never played any of the Kalos and Alola games, so I can't say much about these regions. Kanto is just very flat and generic, and many of its routes are way too short, and Unova is too linear and urban.

All three of those are my favorite regions so nice taste. Non-linear really gives you a chance to appreciate the region around you instead of just rushing past everything.

Manchee

extra toasty
If I look back and try to total up all of the hours I've spent across each region, I would imagine that it looks something like this:

Hoenn > Unova > Sinnoh > Kalos > Kanto > Johto > Alola

Hoenn was the region that came out during "that time in my life." Pokémon was really popular and I was living in a neighborhood at the time with a lot of other kids around my age, so we all played together and were really into the games and animé. My family moved not long after to a neighborhood where I didn't really have anyone my age to be friends with, so I spent all of my time playing Pokémon alone. Generation III was also the last time I was really into the cards and I spent a lot of time using them. It just had the "it factor" that I needed from this series at the time and I was able to play Hoenn over and over again.

Unova and Sinnoh are two regions that I can remember logging hundreds of hours in. Sinnoh is the region that was new when I learned about forums and found sppf. I remember learning that you could find out about new Pokémon through the internet and being amazed because DP had already come out in Japan so I got to see all of the new Pokémon and get hyped for the new games before they were released elsewhere. Unova is one of my favorite regions, and I thought White was a fantastic game so it was easy to get really into those games as well, plus I was very happy with a new generation after how long Generation IV lasted.

As for the rest, I'm just guessing on those. Alola is not just because it's the newest, but because I played through Sun and that was enough from me. I don't think I'll return to it again. Kanto and Johto aren't bad, but I would like something more from them. Nostalgia is great, but it can't carry me through them.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I wanna say it's a tie between Kanto and Johto, but even if I were to have the actual data on me (especially since because of the VC and I've been playing Yellow again), I'd always lean more towards Johto just for the sheer fact that it's the most interesting of the regions. Most of my favorite Pokémon come from Kanto, but my favorite lores and locations are Johto-based.