1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which Pokemon region are you in the most?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by ((JAWS)), Aug 13, 2018 at 3:05 AM.

1. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Pokemon Master

As in which region of the 7 generations do you usually find yourself roaming around the most?

For me I guess I’m going to have to say Johto and Sinnoh

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  2. Ignition

Ignition Torracat is Ash's only good Alolan Pokémon

Sinnoh because it's the best.
    In order from.most visits to least visits:
    Sinnoh>Unova>Kalos>Alola>Hoenn>Kanto>>>>Johto

NovaBrunswick and ((JAWS)) like this.
  3. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Pokemon Master

Honestly me too. I’ve been falling for Sinnoh hard lately. Something about it’s terrain makes me want to pick it up and play it.

Whereas Kalos and Unova feel too urban, Sinnoh in a way represents what a Pokemon adventure should be about. I just feel Sinnoh is geographically the coolest region to date and it’s one I’ll always go back to.

NovaBrunswick and Ignition like this.
  4. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I'd say Johto. SoulSilver is the game I play the most, and I always enjoy roaming the region with my Pokémon following me closely behind. I usually collect Apricorns for making juice and Poké Balls, but I also like re-battling the Trainers and Gym Leaders. So I'd technically say I'm often in Kanto too, since you can visit the two regions in the Gen 2 games.

I'm also a frequent visitor to Hoenn and Alola, again for Berries and Trainer rematches. These three just so happen to be my favourite regions. :D

((JAWS)) likes this.
  5. Emperor Empoleon

Emperor Empoleon Honor of Kalos

I frequent Kalos the most, as X is still my favorite game to play.

6. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Let me hear the voice of your Pokémon!

B2W2 Unova by a landslide for me. The games greatly expanded the region making it less linear than BW and the postgame contributed a lot as well. The next one is Hoenn since I really like the region's design despite too much water. All the other regions come after those two and then there's Kanto.

((JAWS)) and NovaBrunswick like this.
  7. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Time to sleep!

1)B2W2 Unova
    2) Sinnoh
    3) Hoenn
    4) Kalos
    5) Kanto
    6) Johto
    7) Alola

Unova and Sinnoh were great regions to explore, with the former taking it slightly. There were plenty of areas, and these regions were somewhat challenging and fun to explore, and were not linear.

Hoenn comes next, and despite having so much water, the tropical feel of the region made it a fun region to experience. Kalos was also not bad, though Lumiose was annoying to explore (though I give credit for it being Pokémon's first ever mega city). I especially loved everything from Lavere City onwards, such as route 15, Dendemille, and Anistar.

Then we come to Kanto, and yes, it can be pretty boring, but it's not dead last because it was the first ever region so I'm not being so harsh. In fact, while LGPE may annoy me in many ways, the one thing I'm really looking forward to is seeing Kanto again in HD.

Lastly, it's between Johto and Alola, with the former again edging out. Johto's main issue was that it was really small (infact the whole region can be covered without fly). Johto did have some nice scenery and places like national park, but overall, it just felt like Kanto was always meant to be the main appeal, even though Johto was the primary region for GSC and HGSS.

Dead last is Alola. Sad to say, this region is just not fun to explore and roam around. Each island feels so limited, and there's so many blocked areas in game till you clear certain requirements. Melemele Island has got to be the blandest place to explore in any Pokémon game, and Poni was just barren. Akala and Ula'ula were the only islands with some substance, but even then, the amount you could explore in these two islands is far less than previous regions.

8. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Squirtle was Ash's 1st choice

Sinnoh and then Kanto (courtesy of it having like a billion revisits). Funnily enough Kanto is probably the only map I know off by heart

9. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I sometimes struggle with remembering Kanto's layout. The cities are in weird places across the map, there's loads of underground tunnels and caves which go under some cities, and there's a great bit of sea south of Pallet and Fuchsia where Cinnabar is. I actually didn't remember where Vermilion was in Kanto until I remembered it was on the sea somewhere. :p

10. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Pokemon Master

I was in Unova all last summer binging on Pokémon World Tournament. Might have to head back there after my current trek through Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto

Darthlord7 likes this.