• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which pokemon would be best as the next PotW? - Official PotW Discussion Thread

TSL

Mischievous.
The writing actually changed a few weeks ago

I haven't read one since Gengar. Not sure if that's in the cutoff but perhaps it was just that Stantler's entry was particularly outstanding to me because I haven't read a PoTW for a while. Like what I read wasn't what I was used to reading for the past 3 years.

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
Please do Froslass for Week 146...

No. 1 Machop Fan

For a while I've been wondering if they'll ever do a PotW for the Little Cup. They've never done one of those yet.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
For a while I've been wondering if they'll ever do a PotW for the Little Cup. They've never done one of those yet.

I thought that too, I wanna see Turtwig and Cyndaquil done. Also can you please do Minun soon

Camzoman

i agree with the person who said do the starters. i need a decent set for my blastoise!

Kitty Aruseus

The werewolf cometh.
You need to do Giratina Altered Form... It's a pain in the butt to locate a good moveset for it.

I agree with the earlier sentiment that Altaria should be done (since I believe it hasn't and it could be fun to see done), but I would very much like to see Azelf get done, not just because I use one, but also because it's been mentioned a LOT in past PotW posts as a special sweeper.

ShinyJirachi

Cubone Kid
I thinkPhione because it is way underrated.

Whoever wrote the Altaria analysis forgot to mention ResTalk Altaria, its best set.

Altaria @Leftovers/Life Orb
Natural Cure | Impish | 252 HP/236 Def/20 Spd
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Outrage
~ Dragon Dance

/annual post in this subforum.

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
I feel like I want to have Dewgong or Azelf as the new PotW. I don't know why.

Dillio_686

Cold-Blooded
To help me plan out my SoulSilver party prior to the American release in March, I wouldn't mind seeing a POTW for Xatu or Granbull.

SteelPokemonFan

Froslass

Froslass would be good because 350 speed makes it a great parafusionist, especially with the Evasion boost from Abomasnow's Snow Warning ability.
This set has really been a great help when I want to be annoying:
-Toxic/Blizzard
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Destiny Bond
Item: Focus Sash/Leftovers
Timid Nature
252 Spd EV's
252 HP EV's
4 Sp Def/Sp Atk EV's
Blizzard should only be used in hail, and with more than 5 P.P. It also can freeze your opponent, so they could switch or you could switch and set up Stealth Rock/Stat Raising Moves/Baton Pass.

I would absolutely love to see a PotW on Walrein. I know Walrein's probably not one of the greatest competitive Pokémon, but Spheal came from it!

Camzoman

Unown. Really? Of all the ones you could have chosen, you pick unown. I will repeat my vote for Blastoise.