• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which pokemon would be best as the next PotW? - Official PotW Discussion Thread

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
But we don't know the stats or movepool changes of Giratina Origin Forme. We just know that it has Levitate.

Unless I'm being rather stupid about all this Origin Forme talk right now (and in my defence if this is the case, I was banned for the week when it mattered the most...)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Wrong...its going to be Piplup!

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Oh no, its had enough of the anime and its coming for Serebii!!!!!!!

Well I'm still rooting for Honchkrow, Houndoom, Tentecruel and Kingdra.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Wrong...its going to be Piplup!

piplup? and after that we'll do caterpie as well, maybe even an EV trained egg.
first evo poke's allways have low stats how are you going to do that serebii?

if you want to be original then do arceus, at least you won't have to do that one next year. (and i'm serious about it)

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
piplup???
right and after that we'll do caterpie as well, maybe even an EV trained egg.
first evo poke's allways have low stats how did you come up with this serebii?

if you want to be original then do arceus, at least you won't have to do that one next year. (i'm serious)

Willowhisp can do all 18 of the Arceuses! Even the ???-type one!

Perhaps Lumineon can be good for RANDOMness.

runka

Charizard pwns it!
Oh. Prinplup? Ugh. Why not Trapinch?

runka

Charizard pwns it!
Hey, don't dis Trapinch, Trapinch can OHKO Tyranitar if it wants to.

That's the point. Instead of an useless 'mon, why not at least a partly useful one?
With TR support of course...

chibiipompom

noctowl, only cos i need a good moveset for my shiny! XD

Hypershell

Dragon's Best Friend
Though I am not a tournament player, I do read up on PotW for ideas and education. And I love my Dragonite, but often have difficulty merging him well into the rest of my team (although I do have a pretty mean 2-on-2 opener with him). So, more insight into the big guy is always good to hear. Even if it'll probably revolve around Dragon Dance.

In competive battling, they have only missed Milotic and Dragonite which both are probably in the OU tier. I would like to see what they have Dragonite since after all his only equivalant is tyranitar in stat diversty and lvl growth. It probably will be Giratina next week, after all, the 11th movie came out recently.

With Shaymin, shouldn't you have waited a little while until you found out what moves it'd learn in Platinum? Like Deoxys got a ton of extra moves from Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Anyways, I'll put my odds on Giratina for next week.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
With Shaymin, shouldn't you have waited a little while until you found out what moves it'd learn in Platinum? Like Deoxys got a ton of extra moves from Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Anyways, I'll put my odds on Giratina for next week.
Chances are every Pokemon will have a movepool change so

Chances are every Pokemon will have a movepool change so

Well, with Yellow, Crystal and Emerald only a few Pokemon got extra moves, so I don't think many of the potws will change much (although if Garchomp gets Dragon Dance or something then a bunch of other Pokemon's pages will have to be rewritten). However, we know Shaymin will see numerous movepool changes due to a new forme. We even already know it's getting Air Slash.

Well, I guess is Shaymin gets something like Ice Beam in Platinum you can just add in a new moveset.