• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokemon would benefit from having all their Abilities at once?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
So I was thinking about this the other day. In the Mystery Dungeon series, Pokemon that can have two abilities will have both of them at once, so you'd have a Wailmer with both Water Veil and Oblivious, for example.

Then I had the most horrifying thought. What if, in the main series games, you could get a Bibarel with Simple, Unaware, and Moody all at the same time? Moody + Simple would mean a stat boost of four levels every turn, and since Unaware negates any stat boosts by the opponent, your opponent wouldn't even be able to use Dragon Dance or Shell Smash to keep up. That's one broken Pokemon.

So, what are some other Pokemon you can think of that would become even more powerful if they could have all their abilities at once?

And yay for my first posted thread outside of Newbie Lounge!

Vivian

Bronzong heat proof + levitate
Ninetales flash fire + drought
politoed water absob+ drizzle
Hippowdon sand force + sand stream
Salamence moxie + intimidate
Lugia multiscale + pressure

Almost all Pokémon would benefit with having all of it's abilities...

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
^ As an example of a Pokemon that doesn't benefit, Lucario's Steadfast would be completely useless with Inner Focus, because Steadfast only activates after flinching and Inner Focus prevents flinching completely (of course, Justified would help, but it doesn't fully apply in this case).

I guess a better title would be "Which Pokemon would be completely broken if they had all their abilities?"

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
The aforementioned Lugia would be the perfect tank since not only can it take a lot of punishment, it'd drain the opponent of their PP.
Excadrill would be extremely dangerous in a sandstorm due to the boost in speed and attack as well as having mold breaker for levitaters like Rotom.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Dugtrio with Sand Veil, Sand Force and Arena Trap would be a doozy.

As would Porygon-Z with Download, Adaptability and Analytic. XD

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
No, I would think the flinch thing would be broken for lucario, b/c if there was a flinch inducing move I would think it would tell you so and then allow it's speed to go up..but again that's just me.

One pokemon that would not benefit is Archeops and Archen, since their ability sucks to begin with.

darthscyther123

Scrafty with Intimidate, Shed Skin, and Moxie would be a devastating mid game sweeper.

Blockmaster

Beep-Boop!
I'm going to list 'mons that aren't completely broken, but very powerful:

Magnezone can survive an extremely powerful attack while trapping Steels and then bring one hefty powerful attack from Analytic.
If you flinch Gallade with a dark-type attack (lol Bite) It gets +1 attack AND speed.
Alakazam would be unaffected by burn and poison, then proceed to throw it right back at you, all while immune to flinching.
Intimoxie Gyrados and Salamence :p
Hippowdon brings sandstorm, then powers-up it own STAB(that would be powerful,is it's attack stat was better)
Reuniclus with Regenerator and Magic Guard will be VERY hard to KO.

And now for a useless one, Espeon because Synchronize won't trigger with Magic Bounce.

Vivian

synchronize would trigger with magic bounce if the status was a secundary effect, like scald´s burn.

Vivian

synchronize would trigger with magic bounce if the status was a secundary effect, like scald´s burn.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Imagine Heracross with Guts + swarm + Moxie. It could switch in on most statuses without a care, mainly with the boost. With the boost, he'd be very likely to kill stuff. Then Moxie would activate. If priority got him down to around 30% health, imagine what his megahorns could do.

Cloyster could dodge crits, AND be the offensive threat it's known for. On a sand team.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Gyarados would benefit from both moxie and intimidate.