• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which pokemon would you like to own?

TwilightBlade

Hmm probably a really cute and furry one like Mareep, Eevee, Pikachu, Fennekin, Wooloo or Zorua that I could raise like a pet.

Rune Knight

Even the most docile pokémon seem sort of dangerous to keep around, arguably more so than wild animals; heck even a Togepi could blow someone up.

As cute as they are, I would personally not want any that could pose as potentially hazardous like electric, fire, and poison types.

With that being said, I think the one that I would probably choose at the top of my head is Cleffa. It might be a boring choice but the thing that intrigues me is that it doesn't really learn any life-threatening moves, nor would it be difficult to maintain. In addition, it is able to calm and soothe its targets with its fairy-like abilities and could simplify one's life in terms by easing their stress.

The only problem is that it could become dangerous if it evolves, so to prevent that I would also give it an Everstone.

Last edited:

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Even the most docile pokémon seem sort of dangerous to keep around, arguably more so than wild animals; heck even a Togepi could blow someone up.

As cute as they are, I would personally not want any that could pose as potentially hazardous like electric, fire, and poison types.
Says you, I want a growlithe. It can be my living heating pad and whatnot for the cold days and when I'm uncomfortable or in pain lol.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Caterpie. It's low-maintenance, cute, has minimal dangerous abilities, and is my favourite pokémon of all time. Hopefully it wouldn't web the place up *too* much...
Spinarak/Ariados or Galvantula webs could be worse. Spinarak's are poisonous while Joltik/Galvantula webs contain electricity.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Pikachu.

In actuality, I would imagine Pokemon being kept as mere pets (i.e., not used in battles) in the fictional universes is quite common.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Functionally, I'm not sure a Togekiss would even fit in my appartment, and Vaporeon would probably cause water damage. A Pawmi would be worth the pet deposit though

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
I'd like a Hypno.

I'd be able to rid myself of my sleeping pill dependency and hypnosis pranks would be kind of funny to pull like how Misty was hypnotized in the anime.