• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Pokemon's Shiny Form do you NOT like?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If mods feel like this is too stupid, then they can go ahead and close this.

As we know, every blue moon, we come across a Pokemon in its alternate color, dubbed its "shiny form." The different color does not affect the Pokemon's stats in any way, but it's still a novelty of sorts, and I'm sure many of you have went out of your way to chain link/soft reset to get the Shiny Pokemon.

My question is this: are there any Pokemon that you think look better in its original form than in their shiny form? This is simply a color preference, but I'm curious about what you think.

As for me, I do not like Ho-oh's shiny form. Compared to its original color, it just looks bland. To me, it's missing something. I also don't like Chansey's shiny form. I think it would look better in blue, but in green....eh, not so much.

So, which Pokemon do you like the original colors of than its shiny form?

Darkrainer

RPH Elite Trainer
I don't like Electivire's shiny form, but I would still be glad to have it if I did.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Pronaly Hate all 3 of the mew wannaes shiny forms. (the Pixies)

RagTag

Shroomin'
Honchkrow, I have no idea why Game Freak felt compelled to make his shiny form Neon Pink.

I don't like the shinies where you can barely tell there's a color difference, like when I found a shiny Burmy it was kinda disappointing.

Kipcha

Some of the shiny forms I don't like are
Garchomp - Can't hardly tell the difference
Scyther - Same reason as above
Honchkrow - Pink? No... Just, no

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
I don't like Garchomp's shiny form,you can't even tell the difference,and Mismagius,its all greenish.

halloweenghost

any of the shinies tht are not much of a difference then their normal color.. like I have a shiny plusle... not much of a differnce ofther then a darker red :p

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Shiny Kingdra. Purple's wierd :S

Applies to shiny Lapras as well (which is also purple, I think)

Needz moar pink.

I also don't like Chansey's shiny form. I think it would look better in blue, but in green....eh, not so much.

Bad eggs D:

Shiny Chansey better not use Softboiled.

Honchkrow, I have no idea why Game Freak felt compelled to make his shiny form Neon Pink.

That's Pimpkrow for ya ;DDD

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
have you seen Togepi?
Its the EXACT same. almost. you cant even tell the difference when the normals sprite is next to it.

Saberu

Blissey, and all the others that hardly have a difference.

Darkrai
Hitmonlee/hitmonchan
Ponyta
PINSIR!! (too scary for me already >.<)
Electabuzz
Deoxys
Arceus
Grovyle
Machoke
Steelix
Probopass

And some others I'm not remembering.

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
The worst is Garchomp. This guy sent out a shiny Garchomp and I didn't notice the sparkles and he started saying,"Oh, you wish you had a shiny Garchomp don't you?" I said,"It's not shiny..." then he showed me it after. Like no difference! And Honch... in pink..... UGH! *shivers*

THUNDER!!!

&lt;So Many Stickers!
The three i don't like are thes.
1.Honchcrow:pINK?? I like it's normal form (one of my favs) but not it's shiny.
2.Hitmonchan:I don't know...i just don't like it.
3.Swinub:Swinub does NOT seem like it should be silver.

And thats all!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
sinny bibarel, shinny garchomp...they are just the same...