• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Psychic type should I use in Platinum

guy gallade

#YourBoi
gallade or maybe espeon

Dreamy

I won't try to tell you what you should go with, I would pick Espeon out of those two, but given the chance I would most certainly go with Gallade or even Gardevoir. Go with what your heart tells you. You will never be at your best unless you go with what you love.

Cutty

Forever now
I use Alakazam and Espeon in the game. They're proved useful.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I use Gallade and Alakazam. I'm not really a Espeon fan

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
I'd say evolve your Eevee into Vaporeon.

Anyways, Psychic types aren't needed in a team at all, it's a rather poor type...

Well in my opinion if you want the speed to do anything I would go with Alakazam great special attack with awesome speed and decent special defense is a good choice but if you want a Tank Bronzong is the way to go with the Levitate skill his only weakness is now Fire. Gyro Ball makes him great on the offensive side but on defense good luck taking out this guy he will always be there when you need him but at the end of the day its your choice :) I just think physhic types are under appreciated

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I'd recommend Alakazam. If you train it correctly it can come in handy. And of course teach it the right moves.

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
Alakazam is best but it can be too squishy. Gallade is a different way to play with Psychic types as it uses attack, and cover wider ranges of types like Night Slash, Leaf Blade and Swords Dance to boost these and Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt up. Gallade has very little physical defense, but ample of special defense so that it's almost a special wall. Other options are Gardevoir, which is like Alakazam with less power and speed but with slghtly higher bulk and wider movepool or Bronzong which is a complete wall and does not focus on offense.

telivisionhead

Alakazam. The best but the problem is you need to TRADE for it. If you can trade then I strongly recomend Alakazam.
Chimcheo is OK. Not the best choice, especially with some other choices their is.
Medicham is also a good pokemon. Being Psychic but not weak to dark as it is half fighting and can take out dark is pretty handy. Other wise it is not that best choice either.
I recomend Bronzong. It;s a great wall and reliable.
Mr. Mime, I don't really recomend Mr Mime, he also gives me the creeps.
Girafarig. It isn't weak to ghost, ghost is basicly useless to it. Then again, that's the only good part.
Gardevoir or Gallade. Both are great. Gallade is half fighting and Gardevoir isn't. Gallade can learn great moves to cover alot of types. Gardevoir is basicly Alakazam but a bit less fast and maybe not as good attack. But Alakazam can be tricky sometimes so Gardevoir may work out.
Espeon. I like this Eveeloution, it's handy, fast attacker and reliable member of my team.
Did I cover all the psychic types in Platinum pokedex?