• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which racial stereotype do you hate the most?

Heres some options to choose from:

-All Asians are smart and eat rice.
-All Muslims are terrorists.
-All Black people are ghetto.
-All Hispanics are illegal and uneducated.
-All white people are racists.

Which stereotype pisses you off the most? p.s it doesn't have to be from this list.

I hate the black people one, I'm half black and I'm not "ghetto" at all, I'm civilized. >_<
But all of them piss me off, to tell you the truth...

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I really don't like racial stereotypes, or any kind of stereotype overall.

Therefore, all of them piss me off. Yeah.

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
I hate all of them.
But there is this one REALLY stupid guy at my school and he always makes racist
Mexican jokes/comments and then says "its not racist if they're illegal". I'm about ready to throat chop him.

ChedWick

I hate the black people one, I'm half black and I'm not "ghetto" at all, I'm civilized. >_<
But all of them piss me off, to tell you the truth...

But you're only half, so you can't be all ghetto ^^ jk jk.

Out of the ones you listed I'd have to say the Muslim one pisses me off the most.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
I am black and I support chicken.

i'm hispanic and support tacos.
I'm white and I support lync- Not going there.

In all seriousness this is kind of a weird question to ask. I mean my instinct is to immediately say that I hate all racial stereotypes and I think most people will say the same.

As a contrast to your question I feel compelled to ask: What's your favorite racial stereotype?

I'm white and I support lync- Not going there.

In all seriousness this is kind of a weird question to ask. I mean my instinct is to immediately say that I hate all racial stereotypes and I think most people will say the same.

As a contrast to your question I feel compelled to ask: What's your favorite racial stereotype?

But the point is too answer which one you hate the most and gets under your skin a lot...get it?

Favorite racial sterotype? if everyone answered that question, this would turn into a racism argument thread.

Please don't try to twist this into your own game.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
I'm gonna be honest, I think stereotypes can be really funny if they are used right in jokes under the right circumstances. If they are serious, that's a different story, though. I, too, can't stand the "Ching Chong" thing, or the terrorist Muslims idea...

That's just me, though.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I don't like any kind of stereotypes, but the one I don't like the most is that people automatically group all Christians in the same boat as fake Christians like the Wesburo Baptist people. I think if they're targeted to hurt someone it's wrong, if you mean it as a joke and the other person knows it than it's okay. Like one of my friends is Asian and me, my friends, and he always make asian jokes cuz its funny. Like he always makes rice jokes about himself, its pretty funny when youre not being serious.

Razor Xtreme

^^ I agree with you, basically. Not all Christian/Catholic are KKK, WB Church people. Most of us actually care about others. I hate these imbeciles that try to make us look bad with their preaching to everyone and their hurtful intentions.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Amen dude.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Well, I think there's a difference between occasionally saying racist jokes and actually being racist.

My best friend in the entire world is Arab and our personalities and views are alike in pretty much everyway. She isn't of the Muslim faith either; she is basically the dark-skinned, female version of myself. But I still use lines on her like "Well, while you were in Dubai learning how to plant car-bombs, I was doing this" and I even posted "Uncle Osama is dead! Nooooooooo!" on her Facebook Wall when Bin Laden was assassinated.

But she knows I'm just talking shit and there's no malicious intent behind it. Of course, you could still offend someone even if you are joking. It's all very situational.

G50

No longer posting
That all Caucasions have ancestries that were involved in Racism/Predjudicial acts/slavery.

It amazes me how many times I've seen this stereotype... -__-

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't like any kind of stereotypes, but the one I don't like the most is that people automatically group all Christians in the same boat as fake Christians like the Wesburo Baptist people.

This. It's not a racial stereotype, but it's a stereotype nonetheless. Unfortunately there's a lot of people who take the Bible 100% literally and ignore anything that disagrees with their interpretation, no matter how much evidence is presented. And it's these people that tend to talk the loudest,l giving the impression that all religious people are like this. There's a lot of people who believe in God that don't act all "Gays will burn in hell and the earth is only 5000 years old, other cultures are evil and everyone must live exactly alike." Religion didn't cause these people to be ignorant. They are ignorant sheep already who use religion as an excuse for their own prejudices.

Zachmac

That people have the upper hand for being white.

I mean, my older sister is looking into getting into a good collage, and I also will be sometime soon. She's amazing academically, and has tons of collages that want her to join. Her only problem is most scholarships she finds are only for Hispanics, Native Americans, African Americans, ect, many of which she would otherwise qualify for. Just because the "1%" is white doesn't mean white is the 1%.

My dad has complained before that many people attack him with "anti-discrimination". In other words, they discriminate white people and claim it's to make up for what happened in the past, often before they were born. Usually things like the trail of tears(we have mostly Native Americans here). Even if it mattered, we aren't even distantly related to any president of America.

Now, I'm not being racist or stereotyping myself, I know some pretty nice and/or smart Native Americans. I don't know any African Americans though, where I live it's primarily Native Americans and Whites.

Anyway, I believe the only way to remove racism is to forget it all together, rather then just "balance it out". Punishing people won't be punishing their dead ancestors, so we might as well just ignore race. Well, it's still okay to have pride in yours, but no one race is better then another.
This. It's not a racial stereotype, but it's a stereotype nonetheless. Unfortunately there's a lot of people who take the Bible 100% literally and ignore anything that disagrees with their interpretation, no matter how much evidence is presented. And it's these people that tend to talk the loudest,l giving the impression that all religious people are like this. There's a lot of people who believe in God that don't act all "Gays will burn in hell and the earth is only 5000 years old, other cultures are evil and everyone must live exactly alike." Religion didn't cause these people to be ignorant. They are ignorant sheep already who use religion as an excuse for their own prejudices.
True. I'm not religious, but both my sisters are Christian, so I still respect religion(though it may not seem like that when I explain why no one can convince me it's true). About 50% of the world is Christian IIRC, and if I'm wrong, it was 50% of America. If all Christian were like that, we would of been doomed a long time ago.

And the bolded argument also works for stereotype that white people are rich and lucky. Just because most/all(I'm not sure which) of the 1% control half of America's money are white doesn't mean that all white people are rich. The rich people just get the most attention.
We're Asians, not idiots.
Well, I'll admit I hung out with someone who would make fun of Chinese people, but he did it the same way I make blond jokes. Okay, before you get angry with me for being "racist", I know a blond who makes blond jokes, I don't actually mean it, and I have made fun of myself multiple times to balance it(he has to, he makes fun of just about everything). He won't go up to an Asian and make fun of them in their face, though.

Last edited: