• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Ralts should I breed with?

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Well, I've been breeding Ralts forever now, and I've got some pretty good ones. I now have 2 females, but I can't choose which one to breed with.

Here are the participants' IVs:

Female Candidate #1

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/Menorca/RaltsF1IVs.jpg

Female Candidate #2

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/Menorca/RaltsF2IVs.jpg

NOTE:

They will be breeding with this male:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/Menorca/RaltsM1IVs.jpg

As you can see, ralts # 2 has absolutely shocking HP IVs, but very good speed ones (compared to ralts # 1) Whereas Ralts # 1 has average HP and shocking speed. And the male has above average in both HP and Speed, although shocking defense, unlike both females. So which female should I use with this male? (it's the best male I've got).

Raikou77

Candidate #1 imo. Calm > Sassy, even if Calm has a 1 in Spd it will be faster than a Sassy with 31 in Spd.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
The nature don't matter at all, don't take them into an account, because I'm just using these pokemon for the IVs, for breeding until I breed a modest Ralts, which I will actually use on my team.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
That's what I thought too...

I mean, IN GENERAL with something like an gardie, 31 extra hp isnt a HUGE amount. All I can hope is that the modest one I eventually get will have at least 15 HP IVs.

loopy100

Hasty Ho Oh
Is this on Emerald????

Otherwise u have not put effort points into the eqaution...Unless thay have no EP's on any stat, which is very unlikely at Lv 29....Those figures are wrong

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Im not a retard -_-

They don't have any EVs, they're all trained via Day Care.

PS: What difference would it make if it was on Emerald?

crudent

lol, beanoboy's just spamming.

Anyway, you don't know much about breeding, do you?

I'd suggest breeding with #1 first to get that Sp Att and Speed right first. Then use the male offspring with awesome Sp Att and Speed and breed it with #2, for better overall IVs.

That's the way dedicated breeding works, not just some one-off crap process.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
candidate #1

when they breed, 3 stats from either parent are automatically passed down, now if one of those stats is Sp.Atk, then theres a chance you'll get a 31, but if you chose #2 then you'd be stuck with 30 all of the time

Hunter-Z

Insert witty title
31 is nice, but I don't think 1 point really matters unless you are going for all perfect 31s.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Sorry...lol....On Emerald there is a berry that lets u take off EV's...U might of used that to get 0 EV's.

Lol, that's ok.

candidate #1

when they breed, 3 stats from either parent are automatically passed down, now if one of those stats is Sp.Atk, then theres a chance you'll get a 31, but if you chose #2 then you'd be stuck with 30 all of the time

Yes, I know, once again, I'm not a retard. And the one that had min of 30 and max of 31, is 31, They're both from the same parent (the IV that is)

Anyway, it doesn't really matter because I've now bred 2 totally different parents with very nice IVs all round.

BAM

Not the finger!!!
I would think #2 is better because it has way better Ivs in speed than #1. And its Sp.A is only one lower. Its Hp is alot lower though.