• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which real life place would you like to see as a pokemon region?

Basically anywhere in the world. Which country/continent would you like to see a pokemon region based on. For me I'd love to see a pokemon region based on New Zealand.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I want to see England get its own Pokemon version

Kirby Dragons

Russia for the size.

Greece would also be cool if we got a bunch of mythological-themed Pokémon.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Egypt, naturally.

It's so different from the typical region, especially since it doesn't border an ocean, that it is bound to be an exciting experience.

In addition, here are some other places I think would be nice:

- West Africa: The massive flow of culture and mythology across the nations of West Africa is bound to garner inspiration for a wonderful region, not to mention a crapload of Ghost pokemon.

- Canada: Mostly just to complete the France-Hawaii-Canada trio, but also because Sinnoh just wasn't legitimate enough as a cold region. I think Canada would be perfect.

- Italy: If they capture the true essence of Italy, that it is several nations and cultures combined, it could prove to be a region with incredibly diverse and unique towns. Plus, Divine Comedy references everywhere.

- Chicago: Yeah, I'm being biased, but also the Chicago metropolitan area stretches across three states and a giant lake (that could take you to Unova), and the city itself has the giant Chicago River flowing through it, in addition to forests, caves, and plains. Even more so, its elevated train system could be put to lovely use as a way to get around the region.

- China: I mean come on. Who doesn't want China? Imagine Arcanine's regional form! Also, the vast history of China is bound to be ripe with inspiration for both storyline and pokemon.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
To add to my previous post...

New England, due to extreme bias.

India, because darn it we need a third world region.

South Africa, because of biodiversity.

Mexico, since it has a rather intriguing culture.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Greece would be cool. Also England.

I already made up regions based off both, but meh; it being a reality would be neat :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'd say Australia, but that region would be 50% Poison types

Nockturne

As a Brit this may be a bit predictable, but I'd like to see the UK as a region.

London would obviously serve as inspiration for the large metropolitan city. You could have a more rural area based around the rolling hills of the Yorkshire dales. We've got forests and wooded areas basically everywhere. The Welsh valleys would make for a cool, less desert-y Vast Poni Canyon-type area. The lake district, peak district and pennines would be cool for some variation in the landscape. Obviously an area inspired by Scotland's Loch Ness with some kind of Lapras tie in. Edinburgh's (reportedly haunted) underground city would be perfect for a ghost type area. And we've lots of iconic coastal things for the edges of the region such as the white cliffs of Dover and Ireland's giants causeway.

With us having so much history you could also take a time period like the Victorian era or the Industrial Revolution for some fun motifs like Rapidash/Mudsdale drawn carriages or Torkoal powered steam engines. A lot of our wildlife is already represented in Pokemon but we've got a ton of feline inspired Pokemon so I don't see why we can't have a few more stag/deer/badger/fox/squirrel/hedgehog/owl Pokemon. And then we've got mythological creatures (some you may know from Harry Potter) like boggarts, banshees, leprechauns, grindylows, spriggans etc. Which could make for some pretty interesting designs, type combinations and maybe even unique abilities.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Well here we go:

UK: I like the idea of London being a large metropolitan city and I believe it would be cool to explore large plains or even medieval castles sounds pretty intriguing in my opinion.
Australia: We could see many weird looking Pokemon there and some vast deserts as well.
Germany: Kinda surprised they haven't made one already given how much influence this country has to the Japanese. I guess we could see very unique cities there.
Italy: I think a city like Milano or Rome would be a waste to not appear in Pokemon imo.
Greece:My bias might play a part here but well given our vast mythology and the fact that we have many islands and mountain areas this could potentially make a quite exciting journey. I would also love to see Olympic Games for Pokemon as well.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I think a combination of India and Nepal would be a very interesting region. They can have very warm, tropical areas, and have it be much colder with mountainous regions up north, like Mt Everest. Furthermore, there's a lot of Indian mythology that could work well with Pokémon ideas, like a Monkey or Elephant Pokémon.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Alaska or Scandinavia. Whichever of the two would allow for trainer customization to be mainly adorable winter wear. A strong desire to have this welled up inside me after two rounds of Alola. Not sure which of the two would offer more in terms of story.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
UK.....but when I say that, I don't just mean England and Scotland.

I love the idea of London being the main central city for the region, which acts as a metropolitan and a large Normal type gym who is mayor of the city. Then areas like the the lake distracts and the many different forests and woodland areas. Loch Ness would be incorporated too, with it being the place to capture Lapras (or a pre-evolution to Lapras, which is just a water type, and gets its ice type upon evolution on levelling up in a location based on Braeriach).

Then at a later point you head to Wales, which is a large mountain area, which has many valleys with smaller towns and one smaller city. It also has a number of mine locations, and in one of the towns in the Valleys is a Rock type gym leader who uses fossil pokemon. He is also visited often by Roark.

I'd love to see the box version legendaries being based off the Welsh Dragon, and the Loch Ness monster, being Fire Dragon and Water dragon respectfully. To capture the Welsh Dragon you must then go to a mountain in the Welsh part of the region, the tallest mountain in the game. Whereas to get the Loch Ness monster pokemon you must dive deep into the lake and into the caverns. Then a pokemon like Giratina, Necrozma and Rayquaza, basically the third version being found in England, a Griffin like creature.

I'd then imagine the Elite Four being based on the Royal Family, with characters based on William, Charles, and Princess Anne being the first 3 and then Prince Phillip, before fighting off against the Champion, a character based off the Queen.

The Government make an appearance too, and they seem to be trying to make the region a better place, but actually they have many dark secrets and they plan to overthrown the royal family.

After beating the story and E4, you get a ferry ticket, which allows you to travel to Northern Ireland, which is were the post game story begins and the Battle Facility for that generation.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Well here we go:

UK: I like the idea of London being a large metropolitan city and I believe it would be cool to explore large plains or even medieval castles sounds pretty intriguing in my opinion.
Australia: We could see many weird looking Pokemon there and some vast deserts as well.
Germany: Kinda surprised they haven't made one already given how much influence this country has to the Japanese. I guess we could see very unique cities there.
Italy: I think a city like Milano or Rome would be a waste to not appear in Pokemon imo.
Greece:My bias might play a part here but well given our vast mythology and the fact that we have many islands and mountain areas this could potentially make a quite exciting journey. I would also love to see Olympic Games for Pokemon as well.

This would be my top 5. I also would like to see Canada

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
UK.....but when I say that, I don't just mean England and Scotland.

I love the idea of London being the main central city for the region, which acts as a metropolitan and a large Normal type gym who is mayor of the city. Then areas like the the lake distracts and the many different forests and woodland areas. Loch Ness would be incorporated too, with it being the place to capture Lapras (or a pre-evolution to Lapras, which is just a water type, and gets its ice type upon evolution on levelling up in a location based on Braeriach).

Then at a later point you head to Wales, which is a large mountain area, which has many valleys with smaller towns and one smaller city. It also has a number of mine locations, and in one of the towns in the Valleys is a Rock type gym leader who uses fossil pokemon. He is also visited often by Roark.

I'd love to see the box version legendaries being based off the Welsh Dragon, and the Loch Ness monster, being Fire Dragon and Water dragon respectfully. To capture the Welsh Dragon you must then go to a mountain in the Welsh part of the region, the tallest mountain in the game. Whereas to get the Loch Ness monster pokemon you must dive deep into the lake and into the caverns. Then a pokemon like Giratina, Necrozma and Rayquaza, basically the third version being found in England, a Griffin like creature.

I'd then imagine the Elite Four being based on the Royal Family, with characters based on William, Charles, and Princess Anne being the first 3 and then Prince Phillip, before fighting off against the Champion, a character based off the Queen.

The Government make an appearance too, and they seem to be trying to make the region a better place, but actually they have many dark secrets and they plan to overthrown the royal family.

After beating the story and E4, you get a ferry ticket, which allows you to travel to Northern Ireland, which is were the post game story begins and the Battle Facility for that generation.

I like these ideas. But I, personally, would have a place located in East Anglia - like, either small towns that represent Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk or a city that amalgamates all of the counties.

I'd also like a legendary demon Ghost/Dark dog pokemon based off of the Black Shuck - a local legend where I live. A lot of people would argue that Houndoom fits the bill but it's more of a spectral creature so it seems more fitting to have an original pokemon based off of that legend. Of course there could also be pokemon based off of gnomes and ogres too. The vast range of British folklore would allow for some pretty creative pokemon to be made imo.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Germany would probably be my number one pick.

Italy would be a cool one to do theme-wise.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I like these ideas. But I, personally, would have a place located in East Anglia - like, either small towns that represent Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk or a city that amalgamates all of the counties.

I'd also like a legendary demon Ghost/Dark dog pokemon based off of the Black Shuck - a local legend where I live. A lot of people would argue that Houndoom fits the bill but it's more of a spectral creature so it seems more fitting to have an original pokemon based off of that legend. Of course there could also be pokemon based off of gnomes and ogres too. The vast range of British folklore would allow for some pretty creative pokemon to be made imo.

I like it! Moving aside from legendary pokemon, what regional pokemon could you picture? I'd like to see a Hedgehog being the regional rodent that maybe evolves into a porcupine. It could be a normal/grass type. And then a Sparrow/Robin for a regional bird.

As for the starters...well I was think a Welsh Sheep, Scottish Red Deer and an English Corgi. Another idea could revolve around a starting town based on the countryside, you live in a farm town, and the starters being a Cow, Pig (had that already) or Chicken and Sheep. Not sure what would fit each starting type.