• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which real life place would you like to see as a pokemon region?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Instead of the usual suspects, I would go for a bit different choices:

-Thailand: One of the major Japanese tourist destinations and a newly industrialized country, Thailand would be a wonderful choice, especially considering its ethnic and regional diversity. Sadly, the laws about insulting the king and the nation make it difficult politically.

-Lithuania:Baltic mythology doesn't get much focus due to lack of demographics, but I would like to see some interpretation of it. Russian population would also help for interesting conflicts.

-Tunisia: Mostly due to its political history than its landmarks, Tunisia would make a good alternate Arab country. It has nice Mediterranean climate and long deserts for diverse selection of species as well.

-Romania: LolTransilvania aside, Romania has a very rich cultural and demographic diversity that would make for a great region if it is utilized well. Different historical regions can be different sub-dexes.

-Nepal: Since Bhutan is too small, and Tibet is occupied, this would be the best option. Sadly, this country has long went communist, and Japan hates that stuff.

-South Africa: Presumably, it would only cover coastal areas, but as one of the most developed Southern African countries, and some of the largest, it would be a decent choice.

-Tamil Nadu: Federated countries generally have their individual states and regions as regions, so I though this state of India would be interesting, due to its ethnic and cultural difference from rest of India. Granted, like Hawaii, it will likely be made after a common Indian region.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pokemon Australia!
It's literally all I want. Apart from the US getting a third region. Preferably parts that weren't covered by Unova, maybe even bring back the Game Corner and make Poke Vegas?! What happens in Poke Vegas, stays in Poke Vegas....
An entire region themed around Australia and it's wild life would be dope!

JW1004

Scandinavia
It would be cool to be in a region with a cold climate. Sinnoh was cool. But it would be cool to be in a region where we can change things up and have a first half of a game where ice pokemon aren't mainly found in a mountain or around a snowy mountain. But that they are just the regular mon and that pokemon used to a warmer climate are the ones we have took extra for. Also it is a diverse region of Europe since it also has amazing forests and other beautiful landscapes

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Let's see:

Australia would be cool and Tasmania could be a quick ferry ride away. It could be filled with Tasmanian Devil Pokemon lol

China's mythology would be amazing, although I'm sure there would be some commentary on the smog there because it's rare to make a game without some sort of commentary these days.

Greece's mythology and architecture would be interesting to see, as would Rome's. So I'd throw Italy in there as well.

Germany's geography and history would be cool, especially if they made it a neighbor to Kalos. That way we could see more sides to the war that AZ ended.

The Scandanavian area's geography and snowy weather would make for some awesome winter clothes XD Throwing in some Norse mythology to expand on Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde too!

Seeing some aspect of the USA would be nice too, but not one that's basically just based on NYC. Being from the US myself, that region didn't feel like the US in the least, but I wasn't a fan of 5th gen in general.

Someone said Alaska earlier, I agree! I'd like to see Alaska be its own region.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
i think Japan will be the best place for pokemons
I know this was posted a while ago, but you do realize that the first few generations were all based on different parts of the islands that make up Japan?

<><><>

Anyway, I gotta echo Australia for all the stated reasons others have given, but also because it is simply so vast and full of wilderness that it would really give the game creators the opportunity to show just how much they can do with the power afforded them by having a game on the Switch as opposed to the much less powerful 3DS. I wouldn't expect detail, size and exploration equivalent to Breath of the Wild, but something more than any pokemon game before it would be reasonable.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I want to see either a Singapore based or Germany based region.

Singapore sounds great (I live there), but the problem is that it might be really small to make it into a whole region. Heck, if we thought Alola with its four measly islands was small enough, then Singapore would be even smaller. But then again, Gamefreak could just enlarge the region in other ways. But I can just imagine a really urban region if it's based of Singapore, which would be really cool.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Brazil could be a really interesting place to explore.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Two of the places I'm interested in for either regions or cities within the regions have already been recreated in the Pokemon movies. We have Alto Mare for Venice and the place from the Arceus movie for Greece. But either of those would make a great inspiration in-game too.

What about some of the more well-known worlds from fantasy? I'd love to see an homage to Middle Earth, either as part of a British region or as its own region altogether.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
California would be interesting- a big desert with lots of ocean to explore and islands but also good mountainous regions (not much forests though)

another idea would be Canada- lots of snow, some ocean but not as prominent as other games, mountains, and lots of forest, but also abandoned mines and caves and cool stuff like that.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
What about Russia? I really enjoyed the snowy areas in past generations, and I think it would be really nice to have a larger area, perhaps several towns even that have snow.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
California would be interesting- a big desert with lots of ocean to explore and islands but also good mountainous regions (not much forests though)

another idea would be Canada- lots of snow, some ocean but not as prominent as other games, mountains, and lots of forest, but also abandoned mines and caves and cool stuff like that.

There's forests in California. In fact, there's a lot of different biomes in that state. It would make a good region.

Luthor

I'd like England given some of the interesting landmarks, Australia given the interesting ecosystems and Egypt given the mythology.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
There's forests in California. In fact, there's a lot of different biomes in that state. It would make a good region.

We've had two American-inspired regions with Unova (New York) and Alola (Hawaii) respectively, but I also suggested Canada. I think a Canada-inspired region would be pretty much like Sinnoh though, and someone on another thread had a theory that Sinnoh was inspired by Canada.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We've had two American-inspired regions with Unova (New York) and Alola (Hawaii) respectively, but I also suggested Canada. I think a Canada-inspired region would be pretty much like Sinnoh though, and someone on another thread had a theory that Sinnoh was inspired by Canada.

We had four Japanese regions. I don't think they care.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Canada also has the largest amount of freshwater bodies, so it'd be neat to have more lakes than oceans to travel, and more freshwater pokemon instead of ocean pokemon.

Blitz Lucario

Canada also has the largest amount of freshwater bodies, so it'd be neat to have more lakes than oceans to travel, and more freshwater pokemon instead of ocean pokemon.

Agreed, it might be a nice change of pace having a region set in the middle of a continent instead of part of it being near the ocean. One geographic area that could work is a region set around all the Great Lakes. Imagine they could even include Niagara Falls as a major landmark! And if they decide to venture into the Yukon that's where you could find plenty of Ice types.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
We had four Japanese regions. I don't think they care.

I always thought Hoenn was based on the Caribbean or Hawaii because of its tropical vibes and the fact it has a volcanic mountain (Mt. Chimney). But apparently it's Japanese. Does Japan have a tropical region?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I always thought Hoenn was based on the Caribbean or Hawaii because of its tropical vibes and the fact it has a volcanic mountain (Mt. Chimney). But apparently it's Japanese. Does Japan have a tropical region?

Yeah, Hoenn was based off the Kyushu Islands which is supposed to be tropical.