• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't see May appearing, but Iris will most likely come back. I would also love Dawn to return to meet Serena but that has no chance of happening, unless there is a post XY special like they had with Cilan's BW special with Brock appearing.

Paul because Ash's battles with Paul are almost always great.
Cameron because Ash should have won in their BW League battle.
Tobias because that would quite honestly be the coolest thing to watch. Especially if Ash wins or at least comes close to winning. I also want to see what Tobias's last 4 pokemon are.
And of course May. The Mega Blaziken vs. Mega Sceptile idea that was posted earlier is definitely something I would watch if it ever happened.

This. Just because it was the first doesn't excuse it from being horrible writing. It's like RBY, they may be the first Pokemon games but even at its time they were still bad due to being glitchy with unbalanced mechanics.

That wasn't even the point. The writers hadn't written a Pokemon League before that; they were just starting and therefore it was easier to make mistakes, plus there was no previous example. In Unova it was the fifth time so they had four examples, therefore the bad writing in the BW league is less excusable than in the Kanto league.

Plus it's just silly to complain about something that happened over a decade ago.

His nicknames didn't help either.

How is that bad writing? Of course they didn't; were you really expecting the nicknames to help the writing quality? lol.

---
I don't understand the point of all of the WHAT ABOUT RITCHIE HE SUCKS TOO posts in this thread honestly.

Last edited:

Moonlight Starlight

I don't see May appearing, but Iris will most likely come back. I would also love Dawn to return to meet Serena but that has no chance of happening, unless there is a post XY special like they had with Cilan's BW special with Brock appearing.

Will I know that Iris will come back for couple of episode on Pokemon XY showing up in Kalos region.For May I say that theres one way for her that she will be shown in a scene on XY is showing her on tv at the pokemon center during her contest that May made it at Pokemon Top Cordinator that Ash sees May on tv.

Bruyen

I would love to see Gary, May, and Brock return. They're my favorite reoccurring characters and the show isn't the same to me without them.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Harrison would be interesting. I can see him having a Mega Blaziken now along with a Haxorus and a Klefki.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
I'd like to see AJ, Gary, Paul, and Duplica in the Kalos League.

I love it for Misty, that one girl that crash on Ash in the Indigo League, Anabel, and/or Angie to visit the group, cause Serena.

I'd like Dawn to return, cause he cameo in BW was awful imo. I'd also like Cassidy and Butch to show up.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Probably Paul since he could give Ash a run for his money. I'm kinda against old characters showing up just to battle Ash though; I rarely watch the show for the battles anyway.

chalkus

Probably Paul since he could give Ash a run for his money. I'm kinda against old characters showing up just to battle Ash though; I rarely watch the show for the battles anyway.

Dawn, May, Misty and/or Brock showing up would give the show a huge ratings boost, in my opinion.

And I would love to see Hunter J and Cyrus return for revenge. Unfortunately, Ash won't have as much backup to fight them as he did the first time.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I haven't watched most of the recent anime, but I would say Ritchie.

They never had a real match in the OS.

What would make it cooler would be if Ash used Charizard and it won the match for him, to bring things full circle since their first battle.

I'd also say Sabrina except that probably won't happen since I doubt Ash would face any of the earlier gym leaders again.

I like the idea of going against ritchie again. It would be nice to see how he has progressed as well, maybe with new pokemon. He could return from a region that he visited, which could be the next season's/generation's region.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Number one choice is definitely Wattson, in their second match he lost outright due to his own incompetence and even in the first Ash won through unfair luck as Pikachu was given a random powerup and Ash didn't notice his partner's condition or didn't care. Either way he was unworthy both times. He should battle Sabrina who he joked around with instead of beating, Brock who he beat with a sprinkler trick (and really why don't they go off in nearly every battle in the gym? I mean everything explodes in the anime), Misty as he should have got the badge from a serious gym leader not a hobbyist. Basically any Gym Leader he didn't beat with battling skill, and maybe Erika too although he did deserve a badge for saving her Gloom in a fire. And Liza & Tate for that thunder armour **** which made no sense at all.

It's part of Ash's weird trackrecord against Electric-type gymleaders.. For some reason, they're Always made into freaking unbeatable goliaths:
- Surge: Overcrowded the freaking Vermillion PokéCenter on a weekday...
- Wattson: Ash has no conclusive win at all.
- Volkner: Ash needed to halt the first battle due to Team Rocket, but was getting schooled.
- Elesa: We had to witness Bianca getting owned before Ash barely made it out alive, oh, and why was Snivy in that battle for gods sake!?
- Clemont: Already had one battle, where he was shown able to counter his specialty type the first time Ash was in Lumiose City.

You want him to fight animé Giovanni as well if I'm getting your sentiment.. Good luck seeing Kanto Ash beat Mewtwo.. -.-

I think he should rematch Tobias and Cameron and Paul.

1)For Tobias he should use his best team and defeat him in an epic battle.

2)For Cameron I just want them to make a 3v6 so Ash can show how much better a trainer than Cameron. Or he can can just sweep him to make up for that terrible excuse for a league battle.

3)For Paul I just want an epic battle with little BS like the last one they had except better.

Heracross got Sleep Talk, Mega Horn, Hyperbeam and Focus Punch to deal with Darkrai and STILL didn't win. There literally isn't anything else that would've worked to be quite frank. Sceptile only beat it because of plot. And I disagree with the necessity, because Tobias was just a plot-device, whereas Cameron was (supposed to be) a character.

Cameron:
- If Ash actually had a regular team he would've whiped the floor with Cameron. If he didn't have a Snivy and Oshawott, and instead evolved Palpitoad, then he would've owned Cameron. A team featuring Boldore, Pignite, Leavanny, Pikachu, Unfezant, Krookodile would've won. Best Wishes was a bad series, but the dumping didn't even end here.. Cheren was wasted, and so was Team Plasma with that weak N-arc, not to mention Da! which is why the primary BW-arc was rushed for. Horrid, horrid arc.

Trip:
- Why he didn't get at least a 3vs3 is beyond me. Sure, Best Wishes wasn't DP with a story-arc between Ash and a rival, so I wasn't expecting another Ash vs. Paul-like 3parter, but at least a regular full battle akin to Ash vs. Katie would've been adequate. The fact that Ash vs. Stephan is widely accepted as the best battle in that league (with an underdeveloped rival, while the battle featured underdeveloped pokemon: Stephan's Liepard, and Ash's Palpitoad/Leavanny)

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
Ash should probably rematch Tobias, but that ain't happening :/
But who knows maybe later down the line when Ash enters the Champions League.

sheld999

gary but with a mixed team for kanto - kalos but with ash's kalos team

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I would like to see a Ash vs Gary battle but then with newer 'mon. Their rivalry is just a classic.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Dawn, May, Misty and/or Brock showing up would give the show a huge ratings boost, in my opinion.

And I would love to see Hunter J and Cyrus return for revenge. Unfortunately, Ash won't have as much backup to fight them as he did the first time.

His team is probably the best there was in XY...

And I would love to see may come back

FletchMaster26

Lover of Birds
I would love to see a full 6-on-6 battle between Ash and Conway, because their 3-on-3 league battle is one of my favorite battles both in the entire anime.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
I haven't watched anything past Hoenn, but I've always wanted to see Ash v Ritchie again. I can't really put my finger on why Ritchie stood out to me the most, but it really disappoints me that we've never heard from him again.

Also Ash v Gary. It's cool that he's a researcher and all but he could still travel and battle, you'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.