1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by OfCorsola, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Anta Baka!

Psh if Ash used the same team he used against Tobias or Paul, Cameron wouldn't stand as chance. I say 6-2 at worst, or a clean sweep at best.

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I propose we all think of Tobias matchups! Let's bring in the big boys and see if they stand a chance.

New addition to the big boys: Goodra.

3. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

PCISS and Goodra
    Pikachu vs. Darkrai: Darkrai
    Snorlax vs. Darkrai: Darkrai (Could see Rest backfiring on Ash due to Dream Eater)
    Sceptile vs. Darkrai: Sceptile
    Sceptile vs. Latios: Latios
    Goodra vs. Latios: Tie
    Infernape vs. Entei: Entei
    Charizard vs. Entei: Charizard
    Charizard vs. Tyranitar: Salamence

Predicted for Tobias to pack an Entei because it was in the Sinnoh League Victors OP and we did see it facing off vs. Infernape there, and a Tyranitar because a whole team of Legendaries is pushing it but it'd need uber powerful Pokemon so a Fully Evolved Starter and 2 Psuedos

Though personally I think Greninja will still take the spot of regional powerhouse with Goodra being in Tier 2 with the likes of Heracross and Glalie.
    Granted I feel this is the best case scenario for Ash. In truth I see him bettering his SL loss but 6-3 instead of 6-4 though the latter is a possible scenario.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  4. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Which wasn't as official as an actual League battle, so I don't get the comparison to Ash's battle with Cameron. I don't want them to battle again though, nor should they imo. Cameron's done.

5. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Anta Baka!

If Ash used Pikachu, Snorlax, Infernape, Sceptile, Charizard and Goodra against Tobias I still think Tobias would win, but it'd look a lot closer. Probably 6-4 I'm guessing.

6. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Let's wait and see how strong greninja turns out.

7. AuraChannelerChris

Judging the anime, a fast striker with average strength and low defense.

8. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

Apologies for not noticing for so long, but there were two threads that were essentially discussing the same thing so I've merged them.

9. Canada

Canada Banned

how about misty

let's discuss her return

10. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Anta Baka!

I honestly wouldn't remind a small arc involving her; I'm interested in seeing her interact with Serena and the group.

11. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

Brock/Misty/Ash.

Steelix/Gyarados/Serperior.

3v3, make it happen!

Or remove Brock and misty and just give Ash a serperior, that would be cool too

12. AuraChannelerChris

Impossible. We all know Snivy is super marketable unlike ugly Servine and gigantic Serperior.

13. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Anta Baka!

I'd like to see Brock return. When he does he'll do his gag which will inspire Bonnie even more to find a wife for her brother.

14. OJG

OJG r u not entertained

Gary Oak would be awesome. If his team was like Blastoise, Electivire, Umbreon, Braviary and Tyrantum or something and beat Ash - that would be cool.

15. pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132 Well-Known Member

In regards to Misty return:
    If it ever happens by some miracle, in my honest opinion it should be for at least 8 to 10 episodes long arc.

Because returning Misty for just 2 to 3 episodes runs risk of having same problem Misty cameos in Hoenn had. And that is fact of being too short not letting enough time for everything people wished to get from there.

I mean sure we got some great interacting between Misty and Max, saw her recognizable sassy nature, teasing and adventurous spirit clicking of great with Brock and Ash having unique dynamic(which remained memorable to most people to this day).

However because of appearing for just 2 episodes at time. Potential to develop more meaningful friendsghip with May suffered because of that not leaving enough time to properly intreract with everyone.

Most of all there wasnt left space to have Misty talk about her past adventures and advance her own story and dreams of becoming water master, potentially catching some new Hoenn water pokemon, get more developmernt(it would been cool if she encountered Surskit which as half bug would cause conflict between her love for water and despise for bugs).

Even whole Togepi evolution arc felt lke too many things got crammed in too little space. Feeling abit rushed having enough content to properly play out everything over 3 to 4 episodes. Regarding Misty understanding for Togepi special powers, one of more original vllains(Hanson) and see Misty battle more.

Now dont get me wrong arc was still pretty creative, but because of short length many things suffered there. And same problem happened in Pallet reunion.

If people want to see Misty establish memorable interactions with all characters from Kalos cast. See worthy update about how much life with sisters, gym obligations and new experiences affected her. What new pokemon she got reveaing them through some exciting battle. If she was on solo travels in meantime potentially reentering Whirl Cup to advance water master dream.

And see Misty have time to develop more, tie up some unresolved things floating around character. Enter some prestigue tournament feeling like her story of reaching E4 strength of power coming closer toward desired aim of becoming water master recognized worldwide.

Delivering exciting, innovative and substantial story from her return.

Well than 2 to 3 episodes obviously wouldn't be enough.
    Not to mention after Misty being in exile for 10 years. Believe it or not, we haven't seen Misty in main anime(in flesh)ever since 2005.

I think out of respect to character, its untapped potential, importance she played for pokemon history, younger generations in receiving chance to get know better very first pokemon girl.

And fans and every one of those who like Misty character, she deserves well at least 8 to 10 episodes long arc.

Which could take place after Kalos league ends, in filer like type of adventure?

If someone disagree with me, feel free to explain why.

This is something im hoping in Misty case if she ever return again. Because while in past appearances she gained a lot in receiving emotional growth and learning new things, we never really got update on her dreams of becoming water pokemon master, in what way situation with gym and incompetent sisters will resolve(seeing how main reason behind taking it over was because of need to help family out not really giving up on her own goals like Gary for example did) and see her more in battle progressing forward.

It would be really interesting if she comes back for longer period of time like Dawn did, for some water tournament. Be involved with E4 Siebold (first E4 in history specializing in water) since he is basically water master and could host big tournament himself. Gathering all kind of water trainers around world to test out their resourcefulness, innovation in using weakness and strength of water element to their advantage, knowledge and skill.

With winner receiving opportunity to train under him to reach new higher spheres of becoming top water expert. Learning from one of best ones himself. I can already see how enthusiastic , nervous and anxious Misty could be in meeting someone so reputable like him offering to train her?

There is also possibility of showing mega Gyaradops evolution through Misty in main anime learning how to trigger its escret powers.
    I would like to see new outfit for her too fitting her water trainer theme and passionate, temperament and at times girly personality.
    Who knows, Serena could give Misty fashon advices about her hairstyle, clothes etc?:p

With differences in personalities between this two characters and pretty strong bonds they have with Ash soiling foundation for eventful relationship.

Post Scriptum:
    Sometime i wander am i the only one noticing this large amount of potential existing in Misty character, her vivid personality and unfinished dreams to do lot of cool things in case of returning back?

Both updating her story and helping push series plot forward?
    To the point of having enough appeal, unexplored things and substance to become main character for one more region again deliering sequel of what happened before.

16. Pikachu52

Pikachu52 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. That hypothesis requires two premises to be correct. 1) Cameron's team is weak and more importantly 2) Ash's Unova team is weaker than Pokémon from other regions. A few factors need to be considered. Firstly the Pokémon Ash fought Tobias with were not in any way an ace squad or on average any better than his Unova Pokémon. Torkoal for instance has one of the worst win loss ratios of all of Ash's Pokémon and Oshawott's win loss ratio is about the same as Sceptile's

http://www.screwattack.com/news/complete-battle-stats-ash-ketchums-pokémon

Secondly type advantage and power factors need to be considered. For example Ash's sceptile and Cameron's hydriegon are both major powerhouses and unless the other one could deliver a very strong super effective attack they would generally be hard to take down. Pokémon like Torkoal and Heracross are heavily disadvantaged against Swanna and Samurott where as Ferrothorn would be heavily disadvantaged against Torkoal. To that extent it would depend on which Pokémon goes up against who.

I don't see the result actually being that different regardless of which Pokémon Ash uses against Cameron or at least there is no evidence to suggest it Ash would be majorly advantaged with a different set of his Pokémon. His Unova team was not weak - They got him to the league and won him a position in the top which is roughly the same as his team in Johto and Hoenn managed to do - Which was where most of the Pokémon he used against Tobias were caught. In any case it's not as if his Tobias team did that well to deserve to be considered his strongest. Only Pikachu and Sceptile are particularly notable. The rest went down very easily.

17. AuraChannelerChris

Since DP Ash is far smarter and stronger than BW Ash will ever be and Cameron's a general idiot who doesn't even know what type advantages are...

Dude, seriously, he would probably get himself killed in the crossfire rather than being just defeated.

18. Pikachu52

Pikachu52 Well-Known Member

DP Ash and BW Ash are the same person. There not two different people there the same character. Ash was probably shown to be a bit smarter during the DP series in that he didn't have remarkably childish antics, though he had clear moments of immaturity. All BW really did was take him back a bit to how he was in the original series.

Given that the anime rarely shows character's dying to suggest Cameron would be killed in crossfire is an unusual comment to make.

19. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

So how is he the same person in DP as he is I'm BW if BW regressed him to his OS self and there was clear progression from OS to AG to DP? You just killed your own point. Or will you naively say it's coincidence that in almost every criticism of BW, Ash regressing both as a trainer and in mentality is one of the most brought up points? He's definetely not the same character in this 2 sagas the latter of which ruined hos progression curve.

20. AuraChannelerChris

It's a joke. People like to hear probable scenarios that don't infuriate them even if they're not true.