1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by OfCorsola, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

I'd like to see Ritchie return. He was one of my favorite minor characters of the OS. We haven't seen him since the Whirl Islands saga if I am not mistaken.

2. OfCorsola

OfCorsola Brock and Misty!

3. KumaPanda

KumaPanda Psyduck is cute <3

But didn't Ritchie show up in Chronicles sometime with a couple of Hoenn Pokemon? I remembered him having a Pupitar and a Taillow named Rose.

4. OfCorsola

Yes, you are correct. But still, I enjoyed many of the OS side characters
    Duplica, Casey, Ritchie, Suzie, Lara, Samuri, Gary, Flint, etc..

5. KumaPanda

Yeah, I do miss Casey. She was very entertaining to watch. Her Electabuzz cheer with that guy (Georgio) was so cute. I almost shipped them on the spot when I watched them sing the anthem together in Chronicles. Her enthusiasm for anything in general is contagious. It would be interesting if she was to show up in Kalos.

It's kind of odd how the OS COTD seem more memorable to me compared to Hoenn's COTD, even though I grew up watching both. Maybe it's because the Kanto COTD sometimes appear again in Johto, so we get to find out more about them.

6. OfCorsola

I loved Casey in that chronicle, how she wanted to take Georgio to the game instead of Misty lol

7. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

I'm pretty sure she met him. She may not remember him or anything, but if Gary's ego was as big back then as it is now, he'd be pretty damn hard to miss.

Man, I remember that pink puffball even today. It'd be great if As and co. ran into it somehow, and Serena would make the same mistake as she did with the Pancham and fall head-over-heels for its cuteness. I guess you know what would happen next :D

8. Hero of Truth

Hero of Truth Lillie Fan

Oh! Jigglypuff! I 've completely forgotten about him! But hey, I don't see any chances he 'll appear in Kalos now. We have to see it from that Trick House episode in AG.
    It seems the writers got annoyed by his songs and showed him the exit door lol But still he was enjoyable.

9. KumaPanda

The lack of Gary and Serena interaction fanfics really disappoints me :/, so I only have my headcanons to make up for the lack of its canon.

I would love to see the gang's reaction when they wake up from Jigglypuff's songs and find their faces scribbled with marker. Ash would probably sigh as if it happens to him every day (it almost did) while Serena will freak out about how long it'll take to wash it off. Clemont will most likely be confused and Bonnie might think it's funny.

What ever happened to Biff Butch and Cassidy?

10. Hungry Hungry Hypno

Hungry Hungry Hypno Neutral Type

That's what I'm saying! Needs more of the competent counterparts of the normal TRio

11. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

Maybe Jigglypuff's song worked too well and started making the animators asleep all the time, so they booted it off :p

Seriously, I think they should've kept it around. After all, we endured Brock's gag for nearly 14 years, so why get rid of Jigglypuff? Surely it wasn't for the joke getting stale.

Me, too. I imagine Serena hating Gary the first time she sees him again, but forgiving him as she sees Ash interacting positively with him.

Yep, that's pretty much how I see it happening. He'd also give them an 'I told you so' look, because it could be that the rest of the gang (especially Serena and Bonne) wanted to listen to Jigglypuff. Plus, imagine if Fennekin was out of its Pokéball at that time :D

I dunno, they didn't use them in BW at all, maybe because the TRio became threatening on their own right. Maybe they'll return this season, and show the rest of the group how ruthless TR can actually be.

12. epicshipper

epicshipper Member

I really wanna see Ash meet Jimmy and his Typholsion. Also if Dawn was to make a return I wonder how Serena would react.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  13. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

I think Serena will be great friends with Dawn. They've got a few things in common, after all :D

14. Born Better

Born Better God of Lightning

Paul
    Gary
    Ash vs. Tobias the rematch.

Iris is coming back anyway whether we want her to or not, so I'll just say she better be champion.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  15. KumaPanda

Wouldn't Iris need to be gym leader first? I can't see Iris being gym leader or Champion just yet because she likes to travel and doesn't want to stay in one place yet. Where was she heading to in that special? It looks like she was leaving Johto land where forgotten characters go.

16. OfCorsola

Hopefully now, with the RSE remakes, we'll have a May/Max cameo

17. Moonlight Starlight

Moonlight Starlight Well-Known Member

Gary
    Jimmy:Thats goes for the same here for me too.I like for to see Ash and Jimmy meet each other in a tournament battle like when Dawn show up on BW for the tournament battle Junior Cup.Like to see one happen again in the Kalos region this time.
    Iris:I know she will show up in appearance in XY for a couple of episodes can't wait to see her showing during in one of the season for her appearance.And also seeing some girls bond time on screen with Iris,Serena and Bonnie.
    May
    Jigglypuff
    Marina
    Paul
    Trip
    Drew
    Anabel:I say it would be also great if Anabel showed up in Kalos region.

18. MonMonCandie

MonMonCandie Radio - On Air!

I don't know if I posted here already, but yeah. Gary; just for the sake of the original rivalry. :)
    And Jigglypuff? I mean, I'd love to see it again, but battling it? XD

19. OfCorsola

lets see some past gym leaders like we did in BW

20. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

Drew: that guy is just such an ***, and Im still disappionted that Ash never fought him.