• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Drew: that guy is just such an ***, and Im still disappionted that Ash never fought him.

He was really meant to be May's rival, lol. If anything, it feels like he's there to taunt May and occasionally help her. He had a pretty impressive team for a coordinator, so I can see why some are disappointed that he never fought Ash.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Drew: that guy is just such an ***, and Im still disappionted that Ash never fought him.

Drew is my favorite rival of all time. Even better than Paul, who is my favorite Ash rival.
Drew has perfect coordination skills, he's not cocky, he's respectful, and what I love about that is he's nice to adults but so ride to May--that's hilarious.

I was disappointed that he did not come to Sinnoh, because I would have expected him too. I believe that May, Drew and possible Harley and Solidad traveled johto together xD

sheld999

ok umm few kanto/johoto ones like that chick who supports the baseball team

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
ok umm few kanto/johoto ones like that chick who supports the baseball team

I believe you mean Casey who supports the Electabuzz

But yeah, me too.

zhixun

What are the chances of Gary and Paul appearing in Kalos?

Do you mean both appearing or just one of them? I can see that even one of them appearing is quite low. Shigeru has already turned from a rival to researcher in Okido's lab. Shinji is from Sinnoh, but currently the anime is promoting Kalos and Hoenn and thus no marketing value in terms of the writers view.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Do you mean both appearing or just one of them? I can see that even one of them appearing is quite low. Shigeru has already turned from a rival to researcher in Okido's lab. Shinji is from Sinnoh, but currently the anime is promoting Kalos and Hoenn and thus no marketing value in terms of the writers view.
I meant 1 of them,yeah you're right Paul might not come back,but I think Gary has a chance of coming back due to him being a researcher he could come to Kalos to do some research on the pokemon there.

phanpycross

God-king
Drew is my favorite rival of all time. Even better than Paul, who is my favorite Ash rival.
Drew has perfect coordination skills, he's not cocky, he's respectful, and what I love about that is he's nice to adults but so ride to May--that's hilarious.

I was disappointed that he did not come to Sinnoh, because I would have expected him too. I believe that May, Drew and possible Harley and Solidad traveled johto together xD

More like Early drew, before the Writers pulled a 180, and made him a love intrest (which really pissed me off as a 6 year old).

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
More like Early drew, before the Writers pulled a 180, and made him a love intrest (which really pissed me off as a 6 year old).

I'm actually glad they did that. it's an actual movement in the show, and probably the first interaction that actually got somewhere at least. Not that other ships didn't but CS was the first. It made it even more interesting.

Plus, drew is faboo

What are the chances of Gary and Paul appearing in Kalos?

I doubt Paul would, but considering that he and Ash settled their differences after their Sinnoh League battle, I am nonetheless curious to see if he's still anything like his old self.

As for Gary, it's very possible that he and Serena also have a history (like others have already stated), so I can definitely see him coming back. After all, he and Ash were good friends back before their infamous rivalry, and I see no reason why he wouldn't have attended a summer camp run by his grandfather, so it'd be pretty cool if the writers made that connection. Furthermore, in the likely scenario that his reason for coming to Kalos is to work with Sycamore on mega evolution, a Mega Blastoise vs. Mega Charizard battle between him and Ash would be epic in more ways than one.

I would love for Brock to come back as well. Ash would be thrilled to see his old traveling buddy again, and for Amourshippers such as myself, he could very well catch on to Serena's feelings for Ash, seeing as how he always flirts with women.

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Brock would return, I could see it happening. As long as he actually has a treated and handled Role.
Paul and Ash should reunite definitely.
I miss Gary in general. I saw this comic about Ash Serena and Gary though. It's likely Gary and Serena met.

zhixun

Brock would return, I could see it happening. As long as he actually has a treated and handled Role.
Paul and Ash should reunite definitely.
I miss Gary in general. I saw this comic about Ash Serena and Gary though. It's likely Gary and Serena met.

Takeshi may be too busy to deal with Pokémon doctor's work in my opinion. Shinji has Satoshi have settled their difference so I am not too sure about his return. Shigeru returning to the main cast will be nice. I wonder whether Serena will ask for Shigeru to make a poem like what Hikari did.

lara lynx

Gary definitely needs to make an appearance. As others have mentioned, his counterpart was mentioned in the games. Specifically, the games said he was there "studying", and what does a gym leader need to study abroad for? It would be much more relevant for Gary to be there studying. And of course, he must have been at the same camp as Ash and Serena - it was run by his grandfather after all! It would be interesting to see how Serena interacts with him (assuming he was a cocky little prick back then).
I really wanted him to appear in the amaura episode, as he seems to specialize in fossil pokemon. Maybe he'll appear later with the aerodactyl he resurrected and we can get some mega aerodactyl action. Or mega blastoise.

And now the gen 3 remakes are happening, I'd love to see May and her rivals again.

sheld999

that guy who had the sandshrew with the ball thing and pikachu used a weight etc

and also i like ti see the guy who is incharge of the torce realy thing like the old short man who was in kanto johoto and hoenn

i also like to see ash battle that girl who was a fan of the baseball team

and last but not least i like ash to battle flint again but with his powerful pokemon

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Takeshi may be too busy to deal with Pokémon doctor's work in my opinion. Shinji has Satoshi have settled their difference so I am not too sure about his return. Shigeru returning to the main cast will be nice. I wonder whether Serena will ask for Shigeru to make a poem like what Hikari did.

I know it Shinji still has set an impact to Ash's life and still needs to reappear.
Brock maybe busy with his work, but that doesn't mean it's an exsuse to forget about him. They're pulling a misty on him. Same here

sheld999

ok gary and some of the hoenn people along with paul and lance( champion ) he due for a cameo reappearance

majormanafemale

I think it is about time for big special/specials with cameo from everyone. Ok we don't persay need Brock till next region but everyone else of main cast should make cameo in x and y saga. Any 3 rd party characters are optional those are non side kick characters who have appeared as recurring character who isn't part of team Ash. A side kick character is part of main of main cast but not part of team Ash biggest example of this is team rocet. The other sidek ick characters are part of main cast but to young for pokémon dure time in anime aka Max and Bonnie. A third party character examples are Ritchie,Sakura,Duplica and Gary those are fee examples there are many more of those who fall into that nitche.

kotaki

I so want Dawn and May come back. And Misty and brock of course! It is really sad meeting new cool characters in the beginning of every region and then not see them ever again after the season is over... Miss you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.