1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by OfCorsola, Apr 30, 2014.

1. LittleLadyLeafeon

LittleLadyLeafeon Struggling Cutie

Gary making an appearance would not only bring back a lot of nostalgia, but prove to be very interesting. I feel that that episode would also gather a lot of hype and views, which is what every franchise needs. Even a short cameo, or if we're lucky; a battle, would prove extremely amazing!

And, personally, I really wanted Brock back. Even if its just for one episode, seeing how he did. While I really love all of the female counterparts, I'm just emotionally attached to Brock's character. And it would be interesting to see how he could fit into the X/Y universe.

I have to admit, again, just visually speaking- it would be awesome to see Misty or May. May was my favorite girl ever, just because of her personality/generation, and both of them would be cool to see with the more modern/improved animation style the Anime has today.

2. sheld999

sheld999 Well-Known Member

i like to see allan meet ash

3. Bakphoon™

Bakphoon™ Heated Fury

I also want May to come back. And I also wonder, if May comes back so what will happen to Max? Will he be a Pokemon trainer and battle Ash in Kal0s?

4. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

If Haruka comes back then she probably still be 10 years old. Which means Masato will not be old enough to be a Pokémon trainer. But I think a mock battle is possible for him.

5. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Farewell N...

As much as I'd like to see May come back I doubt she's returning.

6. Mystical_Fable

Mystical_Fable Fable_AG

Personally, if Jaden from GX would come back... him and Neos would t0taly WRECK Ash and his stupid non-evolving Pikachu!

7. OfCorsola

OfCorsola Brock and Misty!

I think there might still be a slight chance. I hope so, she's a character that needs to come back, plus she'll have an importance to do so...

8. Truthfully, I do miss Brock...but I know the writers would just kill his character off anyway now like they did back in DP if they brought him back this Series even for a short time, so what's the point. :'(

Jaden/Judai is way too good to be compared to Ash...plus, he's from a different Universe lol, but I agree.

I wouldn't mind seeing May come back.

I miss Max even more, though: Bonnie just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  9. nameman

nameman Well-Known Member

It's a new Director; Brock might be done right for his short cameo.

10. I would hope so, but then I'm really apprehensive because of what happened to him back in DP...that really upset me.

I'd have to watch Takeshi's return in JPN w/subs, though: I strongly dislike Brock's current English VA and he really sucked the life out of the character for me.

11. TheDarkUmbreon

TheDarkUmbreon Well-Known Member

This obviously won't happen but I think when ash returns to pallet town it should be his birthday and his mom throws him a party and all his main travel companions and some/all his recurring friends/rivals are there. And squirtle, lapras, primape, pidgeot,Butterfree and ampipom are there aswell

12. pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132 Well-Known Member

I really do not want to sound predictable and as expected in my responses, but bear with me guys because honestly i would really like to see Misty comeback.

You know who. That tomboyish,quirky redhead which likes water pokemon many of us grew up with?

Not just because she is my favorite character in pokemon series overall, but also because well its bveen almost 9 years last time we saw her in flesh(in regular series last appearance happened way back in 2005).

It would be nice to see how much she changed, what she has been up to for all this time and what new interests, quirks and sides to personality she may have developed(after all life with older siblings can leave influence on people). What new pokemon she may have gotten, new clothes and how far she has improved as trainer coming closer toward fulfillment of her water master dream(for which competing in water tournaments and traveling is needed). Assuming sisters became more reliable allowing her to go on journeys to rank up as trainer and pursue her ambitions at times without worrying of them screwing things up needing her help all the time.

So yes i wish writers bring Misty back , because there was so many things unanswered not only with water master goal which draws parallels with E4(Lorelei is Misty's idol) ,but also with past, ambitions and various other aspects of Misty character which are left unfinished providing material for continuation with her story and dreams leading her somewhere(no point in leaving things to stagnate forever)and i miss that flamboyant dynamic, strong sense of identity she brought catching emotions and drama in natural, passionate way.

Seeing her interact with Bonnie, Clemont , Serena and Ash again reviving theire friendship and memories of older times would have been very, very interesting to see imo. She is one of best character pokemon series had full of depth, emotion and enjoyable genuine traits and flaws deserving to return if not as main again, than at least for long appearance(8 to 10 episodes playing big role in tournament, with E4 Siebold, in mega evolution with her pokemon etc).

-I would also like to see May comeback too. She is long overdue for return with last hearing from her happening in 2008. May was enjoyable character imo, i liked her determination and firmness in accomplishing her dreams becoming recognized top coordinator one day. And would definitely be intrerested in hearing how far she has gotten in her quest, what pokemon team she formed in mean time and where her rivalries with Harley, Drew or Soledad stands right now.

Her bubbly, sweet and at times sensitive nature was fun to follow, she came long way since early days as coordinator and it would be waste to forget about her story and dreams not getting updste and follow up anymore.

If XY special with Brock and Cilan was something to go by, writers definitely can and know how to write for Brock in witty and engaging way though. I don't personally even think Brock character was "ruined" in DP, more underused and mistreated.

Being too much in background and ignored starting to lose his presence and showcase appeal, virtues characteristic to him. That said when he got chance to shine i usually enjoyed in his moments there , eccentric personality, lot of wisdom and care performed in taking care of pokemon or resolving issues(like with Nuzleaf, Dawn Pachirisu, trying to find special berry for Ash Monferno, giot adamant and irritated at Paul methods regatrfing Chimchar for example standing up for Ash etc, etc).

But in my case i guess it also helps i mostly followed Japanese, original version over dub for DP with character dialogue coming of in more believable, substantive way imo.

Not to mention new director is in charge of pokemon series nowadays, so previous actions dont hold much prevalance over future outcomes.

Im confident Brock has enough flare and potential to deliver something meaningful, enjoyable and relevant again. Especially thanks to new doctor career which was almost not explored at all providing different, fresh outlet for character to thrive and develop from it.

Having optimism. He may have stumble abit, but sometime you need to fall to learn how to get up and try better next time. Being still great character imo.;)

13. batosaims

batosaims Member

I would like to see Harrison come back. Maybe a Blaziken Charizard rematch? But if were talking about more long term rivals I'd say Cameron even though he's a more recent rival.

14. TheDarkUmbreon

TheDarkUmbreon Well-Known Member

They should make a new season of pokemon chronicles

15. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Casey from Johto is a good shout. She was such a fun and energetic character.

16. Inferno792

Inferno792 Food Wars

i would like to see Dawn, May and Brock return. Gary and Paul would be some good returns to XY as well. (And I know if Ash battles either one of them, the writers would make him lose purposely).
    And I don't want Misty or Iris to return and spoil XY.

17. Kuvario

Kuvario I am who I am...because of them.

The characters I want back, are Misty for maybe a new Whirl Cup, May for a Hoenn Festival, Dawn for Pokéstylist tutoring or something. Cilan, he's very fun, he'd totally bring the XY cast to life, Iris, she'll get her cameo. Gary should come back, he did get a reference in the games. That's it I guess.

Jaden's cards can be burned to crisps. XD

18. OfCorsola

OfCorsola Brock and Misty!

We need chronicles! Kinda sad how everyone else got one except May and Max when they're clearly important

19. olopi

olopi El Salami Grande

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock for an episode or two, but I'm not sure how likely it actually is as I haven't really watched anything since early DP until XY started.

20. chalkus

chalkus Well-Known Member

Maybe May but not Max. He needs to be forgotten.

And I hope that for the next season they bring Brock back. Just say he is doing a field study or something like that. He is too good of a character to not be around anymore.