• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
What reason would they have to meet Ash? I mean, Sakura and her sisters, and the Eevee bros' stories are all wrapped up.

Maybe they could have a sylveon now, this could be how Ash learns about sylveon maybe

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I am confused here since Sakura is Kasumi's sister. The sisters have nothing to do with the Eievui since they do not even have an Eievui.

Actually, in the English dub, Sakura is a sister of the Kimono girls in Johto. So in the Japanese, Sakura is one of Kasumi's sisters.

Maybe they could have a sylveon now, this could be how Ash learns about sylveon maybe

Umm, he already knows about Sylveon. He fought one in Kindergarden Chaos, and helped rescue one. So there's no need to show it again.

zhixun

Actually, in the English dub, Sakura is a sister of the Kimono girls in Johto. So in the Japanese, Sakura is one of Kasumi's sisters.

Umm, he already knows about Sylveon. He fought one in Kindergarden Chaos, and helped rescue one. So there's no need to show it again.

Moreover there are only five sisters and that Sakura has an Eifie which is a Psychic type. So it would make no sense for the introduction of Nymphia.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I'd rather see May over Misty in Kalos tbh, but neither are going to happen in XY.

I know, because we haven't been hearing much about May. I still want both of them too come, I don't have a rather.

Also, still waiting for Gary.

zhixun

I know, because we haven't been hearing much about May. I still want both of them too come, I don't have a rather.

Also, still waiting for Gary.

I guess Shigeru has a high chance for returning since he is a researcher and would like to know more about the Kalos region. I prefer Haruka to come to Kalos over Kasumi since Kasumi has little impact on ORAS in my opinion.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I guess Shigeru has a high chance for returning since he is a researcher and would like to know more about the Kalos region. I prefer Haruka to come to Kalos over Kasumi since Kasumi has little impact on ORAS in my opinion.

I would like to see Gary come back if it deepens the relationship with Ash and Serena and if she met Gary at the camp, but so far it seems like she hasn't met him or remembered him at all yet, but that could change.
Agreed, I really don't think a Misty appearance in Kalos is necessary, since we have a better chance for May to return for ORAS promotion, though I still think May appearing will be doubtful since her va is apparently sick. I think May will definitely get referenced or appear in some kind of non speaking cameo.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I would like to see Gary come back if it deepens the relationship with Ash and Serena and if she met Gary at the camp, but so far it seems like she hasn't met him or remembered him at all yet, but that could change.
Agreed, I really don't think a Misty appearance in Kalos is necessary, since we have a better chance for May to return for ORAS promotion, though I still think May appearing will be doubtful since her va is apparently sick. I think May will definitely get referenced or appear in some kind of non speaking cameo.
Yup, and if he was mentioned in XY why not be in the anime? Yeah, I think May should at least get referenced if she cant return. It's about time

pokemon fan 132

I agree with others how May should return, but im even more in favor of Misty return.

Its been 9 years(almost decade) ever since Misty returned in person through any shape or form which is downright unacceptable.
She is erased from face of existence practically which i find to be very unfair and disrespectful toward someone who was important to pokemon anime and history.

Kalos has several powerful story related themes to Misty character justifying coming back:
Siebold and potential water tournaments organized by him, mega Gyarados, new pokemon like Clauncher which i could picture with Misty, Wulfric, even battle chateau to show her skills and learn new, more effective ways of battling seem like valid excuse to travel there. Misty flamboyant and mulltifaced characterization could bring more life and excitement in group dynamics and most importantly she can both advance her own story and dreams of becoming water pokemon master. While contributing to plot through her own expertise, new pokemon and role in current story.

Not deserving to end up forgotten forever like she never existed, had her own story which was never given closure and deprive people from chance to ever see her in action, interact with others and play any role ever again.

I also feel bad for her Japan VA (Mayumi Iizuka) which express desire to voice Misty again not wanting that she ends forgotten with her and fanbase pleas falling down on deaf ears of those in charge for pokemon series.

Way i look at this bringing back older characters as long show is set in same universe and continuity is needed and justified.
Whether to give them update more development and wrap up their stories. Especially ones like Misty whose dreams of becoming top water trainer, flaws, various desire (like meeting legendary water type understanding their true nature) were left unfinished definitely having potential to grow more.

Potential which would provide enough material to be main character once again.

Serve as nice twist to pokemon series proividing more continuity, more stable cast and deliver more excitement to story bringing more connection to past and events wiuch helped shape current characters and storyline we are following.

Something writers and new director of pokemon series(Tetsuo Yajima) will hopefully recognize understanging appeal, benefits and impact return of ex main characters gives to anime, fandom and opverall reputation of pokemon series. Increasing ratings, excitement and respect for writers work.

Last edited:

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
It actually hasn't been nine years, she appeared in BW but only for one episode, so yes I do agree she should come back for more than one episode in XY. But it hasn't been 9 years

zhixun

It actually hasn't been nine years, she appeared in BW but only for one episode, so yes I do agree she should come back for more than one episode in XY. But it hasn't been 9 years

I assume that you are referring to Haruka by she in this case. She only make a flashback so this does not count an appearance in my opinion.

pokemon fan 132

I assume this is directed to me. Misty appeared in BW only through flashback in episode "Flames of a Red Hot Reunion" when Charizard returned, giving info on his past and time when he used to be part of Ash main team. And briefly during montage of all companions in Ash thoughts during "My dream, pokemon master" episode when coming back to Pallet after Decolora Adventure.

But Misty herself hasn't had any in person return. By return im referring to character returning in flesh, interacting with others, giving info on what has changed in mean time, use pokemon, get potential development or be in action. In BW she was presented only through Ash thoughts faded memory, just like it was case in DP or BF(ever since Pallet reunion ended).

But actual return hasnt happened in regular pokemon series ever since 2005. 2006. if we count specials like Mastermind of Mirage pokremon made to mark 10th anniversarry.

So in total its been almost decade, which is writers shame.

Last edited:

PhotonNRG

I'm not necessarily a big fan of the anime, I watch it time to time, but I really feel like they should bring Richie back. It's been a while since they've even talked about him.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I would love to see Paul come back and battle Ash again, but I wouldn't want it to be in Kalos, rather in a post Kalos League series that could take place in Hoenn or a region based off of Hoenn.

MounTE

I wanna see Gary again, that fight in OS was the highlight of my childhood television series (and proceeded to die immediately the weeks after when Ash lost to Harrison....my child heart died there)

I'm not necessarily a big fan of the anime, I watch it time to time, but I really feel like they should bring Richie back. It's been a while since they've even talked about him.

Yeah, it has been a while since we've seen any of Ritchie, not since Pokemon Chronicles. It would be interesting to see him again and what he has been up to.

R_N

OH my god I went into the wrong thread.

I'm so sorry oh my god I knew this would happen some day

e: Will get those warnings taken care of

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
GUYS GUYS GUYS!

What if, guys, shut up for one moment. What if, GUYS!

What if, we take Gligar Man, Gligar Girl, Mighty Accelguard, and Blaziken Mask, gather them together in Lumiose, have Looker be their chief, and form a Pokemon-world version of the Avengers! When Essentia comes, she'll join up to complete the team. Of course Ash becomes an honorary member of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.