• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teebu

I doubt we'll see anyone back other than Iris and Cilan for a cameo arc.

Gary Oak is possible purely because they have an easy excuse to bring him back, he's a researcher so a trip to Kalos isn't out the question. I' be very surprised to see the region limited rivals like casey, ritchie or even paul. They've all served their purpose.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Honestly, I've always wanted to see some of those old COTD's (Samurai, AJ etc.) to see how far they've come. Other than that, seeing Gary again would be cool, especially if he was a bully to Serena (which I don't find very hard to believe). It'd be cool to see Dawn as well, since her cameo in BW sucked.

I want to see Gary come back for the similar reasons stated above. Gary had to go to that summer camp since it was ran by his grandfather. It would be amazing if Gary was in Kalos for research or something among the lines. I think of this comic if Gary ever played a part in Serena's flashback: http://rainsonata.tumblr.com/post/73741935912/fliptalianstallion-x

Man, I'd love if that comic actually happened! Sadly, I don't think the writers have anything nearly as good planned, even if Gary appears this season.

2. Iris (they had better bring her back in XY and give her the win over Serena)
9. Angie (I think Armorshippers would pass out if that happened)

For (2.), I don't think that's going to happen. Both the times the female companions battled, it was the newer one who came out on top. If there's a battle, Iris will lose.

As for (9.), I agree! Imagine both of them fighting over Ash, while he stays oblivious to it all :D

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I doubt that Iris and Cilan will cameo, like Brock didn't, they'll probably have more specials, but that's about it.

I want to have all the girls who had a crush on Ash to cameo to see a fight. (Misty xD)
and seeing him oblivious would be soooo funny.

Gary is going to appear-well, i mean he should..

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Another vote for Jigglypuff! I used to love that character. As for old companions, I think it would be great to see Dawn again. I have only recently returned to the anime, but she is by far my favorite twerp character.

Thinking about it, I would love for Jessie and James to be reunited with Weezing and Arbok, even for just one episode...

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Weezing and Arbok was effing OP. I miss them, I wish they hadn't released them. That was basically equivalent to Ash releasing Pikachu..

Teebu

I forgot about weezing and arbok, that was so emotional :( Bring them back with their army of Koffing and ekans.

Vernikova

Champion
Dawn, May, Brock, Gary, Paul, Giselle, Conway, the Samurai, Misty, AJ, Tobias :)snowlax:), Jigglypuff, Casey, Marina, Jimmy, Lyra, Khory, various other CotD that I forgot.

All for little more than nostalgia. Sinnoh was in 2010 but still. I know most of these guys will never come back though but whatever.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt that Iris and Cilan will cameo, like Brock didn't, they'll probably have more specials, but that's about it.

I want to have all the girls who had a crush on Ash to cameo to see a fight. (Misty xD)
and seeing him oblivious would be soooo funny.

Gary is going to appear-well, i mean he should..

I doubt we'll be seeing anyone other than Iris return with Cilan getting referenced in my honest opinion. I don't even think we'll be seeing Gary, and I doubt that he met Serena, that flashback at the Kanto summer camp with Ash and Serena seemed like a random meeting to me, so I doubt Serena even knows about Gary's existence.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I mean, maybe Serena and Gary hasn't met at the summer camp, but I'm sure he was there.
Gary vs Paul showdown anyone?

chalkus

I doubt we'll be seeing anyone other than Iris return with Cilan getting referenced in my honest opinion. I don't even think we'll be seeing Gary, and I doubt that he met Serena, that flashback at the Kanto summer camp with Ash and Serena seemed like a random meeting to me, so I doubt Serena even knows about Gary's existence.
I believe Dawn is still a pretty popular character in Japan so I suspect we will see her again at some point. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Iris so after her obligatory cameo in XY, that will be t for her. Though I wish that wasn't the case.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Honestly, I've always wanted to see some of those old COTD's (Samurai, AJ etc.) to see how far they've come. Other than that, seeing Gary again would be cool, especially if he was a bully to Serena (which I don't find very hard to believe). It'd be cool to see Dawn as well, since her cameo in BW sucked.

Man, I'd love if that comic actually happened! Sadly, I don't think the writers have anything nearly as good planned, even if Gary appears this season.

I can see Gary picking on Serena a bit too. Really wish that comic scenario would happen. It's sad how we can't expect the writers to come up with that sort of scenario when it seems so simple.

I still find it hard to believe Serena never met Gary. I'm almost certain Gary went to camp because earlier seasons made it seem like Ash and Gary grew up together and possibly did everything together before they gained a rivalry. If Serena went to that summer camp, surely she would have noticed the other children at the camp, right? I want Gary to show up in XY so badly. Any Ash and Gary interaction is a plus in my book.

I'm surprised how popular that Jigglypuff is when we haven't seen it in over a DECADE. That little pink puff really stuck to our memories, huh? :D

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I believe Dawn is still a pretty popular character in Japan so I suspect we will see her again at some point. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Iris so after her obligatory cameo in XY, that will be t for her. Though I wish that wasn't the case.
All the other girls were fairly popular, but you don't see them making cameos.
But yeah, I seriously need to see Dawn, as a replacement for her BW cameo--It wasn't good enough, I felt like she was just there to be "oh, we had a dawn cameo'

chalkus

All the other girls were fairly popular, but you don't see them making cameos.
But yeah, I seriously need to see Dawn, as a replacement for her BW cameo--It wasn't good enough, I felt like she was just there to be "oh, we had a dawn cameo'

Every cameo outside of May's was the same way when you think about it.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Every cameo outside of May's was the same way when you think about it.
And that's exactly why I want Dawn to return.
Well, Iris had a pretty impressive cameo.
May's was very well efficient--excellent.
Misty's Togepi arc was also efficient, and the Cleffa Hanger one was alright, the other ones were just uhm..
and Dawn's felt too rushed even though it's about 10 episodes

Shiny-Psyduck

I feel like Dawn in BW was there for the sake of being there. May was brought back for the Wallace Cup which brought along Glaceon's debut. And with Misty we at least had her Togepi become the center of the plot and I also enjoyed the way she and Max bonded in A Real Cleffa Hanger.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Gary. He's mentioned in the games and NEEDS to appear, just to remind us he still exists. We have to see the guy in flesh since DP.

That's what I've been saying! Agreed :D
But one thing, isn't his game counterpart a gym leader- he's not a researcher, so that means DEFO GARY HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.