• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd like to see Ritchie return. He was one of my favorite minor characters of the OS. We haven't seen him since the Whirl Islands saga if I am not mistaken.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
But didn't Ritchie show up in Chronicles sometime with a couple of Hoenn Pokemon? I remembered him having a Pupitar and a Taillow named Rose.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Yes, you are correct. But still, I enjoyed many of the OS side characters
Duplica, Casey, Ritchie, Suzie, Lara, Samuri, Gary, Flint, etc..

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Yeah, I do miss Casey. She was very entertaining to watch. Her Electabuzz cheer with that guy (Georgio) was so cute. I almost shipped them on the spot when I watched them sing the anthem together in Chronicles. Her enthusiasm for anything in general is contagious. It would be interesting if she was to show up in Kalos.

It's kind of odd how the OS COTD seem more memorable to me compared to Hoenn's COTD, even though I grew up watching both. Maybe it's because the Kanto COTD sometimes appear again in Johto, so we get to find out more about them.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I loved Casey in that chronicle, how she wanted to take Georgio to the game instead of Misty lol

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I can see Gary picking on Serena a bit too. Really wish that comic scenario would happen. It's sad how we can't expect the writers to come up with that sort of scenario when it seems so simple.

I still find it hard to believe Serena never met Gary. I'm almost certain Gary went to camp because earlier seasons made it seem like Ash and Gary grew up together and possibly did everything together before they gained a rivalry. If Serena went to that summer camp, surely she would have noticed the other children at the camp, right? I want Gary to show up in XY so badly. Any Ash and Gary interaction is a plus in my book.

I'm surprised how popular that Jigglypuff is when we haven't seen it in over a DECADE. That little pink puff really stuck to our memories, huh? :D

I'm pretty sure she met him. She may not remember him or anything, but if Gary's ego was as big back then as it is now, he'd be pretty damn hard to miss.

Man, I remember that pink puffball even today. It'd be great if As and co. ran into it somehow, and Serena would make the same mistake as she did with the Pancham and fall head-over-heels for its cuteness. I guess you know what would happen next :D

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm pretty sure she met him. She may not remember him or anything, but if Gary's ego was as big back then as it is now, he'd be pretty damn hard to miss.

Man, I remember that pink puffball even today. It'd be great if As and co. ran into it somehow, and Serena would make the same mistake as she did with the Pancham and fall head-over-heels for its cuteness. I guess you know what would happen next :D

Oh! Jigglypuff! I 've completely forgotten about him! But hey, I don't see any chances he 'll appear in Kalos now. We have to see it from that Trick House episode in AG.
It seems the writers got annoyed by his songs and showed him the exit door lol But still he was enjoyable.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

The lack of Gary and Serena interaction fanfics really disappoints me :/, so I only have my headcanons to make up for the lack of its canon.

I would love to see the gang's reaction when they wake up from Jigglypuff's songs and find their faces scribbled with marker. Ash would probably sigh as if it happens to him every day (it almost did) while Serena will freak out about how long it'll take to wash it off. Clemont will most likely be confused and Bonnie might think it's funny.

What ever happened to Biff Butch and Cassidy?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Oh! Jigglypuff! I 've completely forgotten about him! But hey, I don't see any chances he 'll appear in Kalos now. We have to see it from that Trick House episode in AG.
It seems the writers got annoyed by his songs and showed him the exit door lol But still he was enjoyable.

Maybe Jigglypuff's song worked too well and started making the animators asleep all the time, so they booted it off :p

Seriously, I think they should've kept it around. After all, we endured Brock's gag for nearly 14 years, so why get rid of Jigglypuff? Surely it wasn't for the joke getting stale.

The lack of Gary and Serena interaction fanfics really disappoints me :/, so I only have my headcanons to make up for the lack of its canon.

I would love to see the gang's reaction when they wake up from Jigglypuff's songs and find their faces scribbled with marker. Ash would probably sigh as if it happens to him every day (it almost did) while Serena will freak out about how long it'll take to wash it off. Clemont will most likely be confused and Bonnie might think it's funny.

What ever happened to Biff Butch and Cassidy?

Me, too. I imagine Serena hating Gary the first time she sees him again, but forgiving him as she sees Ash interacting positively with him.

Yep, that's pretty much how I see it happening. He'd also give them an 'I told you so' look, because it could be that the rest of the gang (especially Serena and Bonne) wanted to listen to Jigglypuff. Plus, imagine if Fennekin was out of its Pokéball at that time :D

I dunno, they didn't use them in BW at all, maybe because the TRio became threatening on their own right. Maybe they'll return this season, and show the rest of the group how ruthless TR can actually be.

I really wanna see Ash meet Jimmy and his Typholsion. Also if Dawn was to make a return I wonder how Serena would react.

Last edited:

Born Better

God of Lightning
Paul
Gary
Ash vs. Tobias the rematch.

Iris is coming back anyway whether we want her to or not, so I'll just say she better be champion.

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Paul
Gary
Ash vs. Tobias the rematch.

Iris is coming back anyway whether we want her to or not, so I'll just say she better be champion.

Wouldn't Iris need to be gym leader first? I can't see Iris being gym leader or Champion just yet because she likes to travel and doesn't want to stay in one place yet. Where was she heading to in that special? It looks like she was leaving Johto land where forgotten characters go.

Moonlight Starlight

Gary
Jimmy:Thats goes for the same here for me too.I like for to see Ash and Jimmy meet each other in a tournament battle like when Dawn show up on BW for the tournament battle Junior Cup.Like to see one happen again in the Kalos region this time.
Iris:I know she will show up in appearance in XY for a couple of episodes can't wait to see her showing during in one of the season for her appearance.And also seeing some girls bond time on screen with Iris,Serena and Bonnie.
May
Jigglypuff
Marina
Paul
Trip
Drew
Anabel:I say it would be also great if Anabel showed up in Kalos region.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I don't know if I posted here already, but yeah. Gary; just for the sake of the original rivalry. :)
And Jigglypuff? I mean, I'd love to see it again, but battling it? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.