• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
So it's ok because it's OS.....Somehow I am not shocked at all...

Yes, it was bad writing, and an ignominious end to Ash's Kanto campaign. But at least it had a point in what Charizard did, and it served some purpose, making Charizard's redemption in Johto all the more rewarding as well as teaching Ash a key lesson. There was nothing positive in Ash's loss to Cameron.

EDIT: Whether it was intentional or not, Ritchie being an Ash clone, and for Ash to lose to him in the way it happened, made a point that what caused Ash to lose at I.P. was more or less...himself.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Yes, it was bad writing, and an ignominious end to Ash's Kanto campaign. But at least it had a point in what Charizard did, and it served some purpose, making Charizard's redemption in Johto all the more rewarding as well as teaching Ash a key lesson. There was nothing positive in Ash's loss to Cameron.

I guess, but on the other hand, it took some insane plot-gymnastics to make Ash lose against Ritchie.

At least with Cameron it could be almost expected, and the pokemon he fought there were actually powerful, instead of a freaking butterfree and charmander.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So it's ok because it's OS.....

Somehow I am not shocked at all...
This. Just because it was the first doesn't excuse it from being horrible writing. It's like RBY, they may be the first Pokemon games but even at its time they were still bad due to being glitchy with unbalanced mechanics.
It's still bad writing nonetheless. Ritchie just seemed like an Ash copy anyways imo, he even had the same Pokemon that Ash owned at one point and had a Pikachu out of its ball.
His nicknames didn't help either.

------

While not really a rematch, I want to see Ash battle Virgil. That person was nothing but an Eevee marketing tool so a proper battle would be good to see imo.

Navin

MALDREAD
I guess, but on the other hand, it took some insane plot-gymnastics to make Ash lose against Ritchie.

At least with Cameron it could be almost expected, and the pokemon he fought there were actually powerful, instead of a freaking butterfree and charmander.

Again, I don't know if the writers really meant this, but:

Yes, Ash should have defeated Ritchie. Charizard literally needed two attacks to win. I always felt that was the whole point. Ritchie was an Ash clone who reflected that he (and Ash) were raw, talented trainers, but still rookies who were not that impressive and still had ways to go. What caused Ash to lose at the league was basically himself, "physically" as Ritchie and "metaphorically" himself himself.

It made me appreciate his, and Charizard's turnaround, at Johto League that much more.

And...Cameron having some OU monster team was plain-out BS.

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I would like to see a rematch from him and Paul. Since they also had some great battles, why not? A rematch between him and Gary would be nice, because Ash only got to beat him once or twice as I remember.

Luthor

Would also like him to rematch Bianca and/or Barry. I always wanted him to have a full battle with either.

chalkus

I'd love to see Dawn return so she can meet Serena and maybe have Serena look up to her or something, though I would only want that if Dawn was a top coordinator by then, I'd rather not see her back otherwise :/

If Serena ever met Dawn, she would just end up acting even pettier than she did in the episode with Miette. I don't want Dawn mixed up in that nonsense.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If Dawn was being playful with Ash like how she was in BW when they met at Cynthia's place, you don't think Serena will be upset. Miette barely said five words to Ash and she was ready to explode.

I always said Serena would be jealous of any past girl she sees Ash with. Serena would definitely be jealous or snooty around Dawn.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
They would never have a girl be jealous of a past girl for "shipping reasons". The anime doesn't work that way and is really not that big in romance anyways.

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
1. May - She was one of the best travelling companions, and I'd also love to know if Max and Ralts are now a team! (Plus Mega Blaziken?!)
2. Dawn - Like others have said, her BW appearances didn't really do it for me..
3. Brock - It'd be nice to see him back for a bit, I'd like to know how the road to Pokemon Doctor is going for him!
4. Gary - Like Brock, I'd just like to know what he's been up to!
5. Pidgeot - Ash did promise he'd be back for him..
6. The whole gang! - I want this season finale to have Clemont, Bonnie and Serena meet ALL of Ash's Pokemon from EVERY region he's been to!
7. Cynthia, Steven or Lance - Next to Steven, she was one of the best champions! Likewise with Lance!
8. Riley - Ash needs a Riolu/Lucario...
9. Butterfree - Am I the only one who wanted to see Ash's Butterfree/May's Beautifly either battle or tag battle?

Last edited:

Jknombricks

Just some guy
The two people I want to see Ash rematch and win are Cameron and Tobias. Ash loses in Unova because of a newly evolved Lucario (shame) but ends up defeating an even more powerful Mega Evolution form of him against Korrina only a season later. And Tobias...I don't even have to say it. But if Ash is capable of defeating legends such as Darkrai and Latios on Tobias's team, then it would be awesome for Ash to beat him. After all, Ash does have to beat the strongest in order to be Pokemon Master. The legendary-wielding Tobias is definitely one of the strongest. Don't know if those battles are likely though.

Would also like him to rematch Bianca and/or Barry. I always wanted him to have a full battle with either.

Yeah, it's interesting how Ash has never had a full battle with either one. I'd like to see those as well.

fenniken

fire master
May vs Ash FTW Cameron is a.noob trainer Vergil vs Ash a pro battle.what should have happened at the league

DarthVader

I haven't watched most of the recent anime, but I would say Ritchie.

They never had a real match in the OS.

What would make it cooler would be if Ash used Charizard and it won the match for him, to bring things full circle since their first battle.

I'd also say Sabrina except that probably won't happen since I doubt Ash would face any of the earlier gym leaders again.

UnknownMr.Ree

it'd be great if the top 16 in every league are gathered in one stadium and fight to determine who's the best trainer.

same with gym leaders and elite four/champions..

h,,. it'd be gary or paul

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I would have to say all of the above, but being realistic, I imagine Iris and May will appear in the Kalos series.

Status
Not open for further replies.