• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which recurring/past character would you like to battle/meet Ash in Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I would really love to see Paul make a return sometime near the end of XY. It's been a long time since Gary returned in DP and I would love to see another main rival of Ash's return.

Tracey Sketchit needs to come back. Just knowing his character, seeing him and Oak coming back would make me jump out my seat. I know most people don't like him, but he would fit the theme of Kalos very well in my opinion.

--VIRGO--

I think he should rematch Tobias. After his crushing defeat this battle should happen right away. This time using Ash's best pokemon like: Infernape, Sceptile, Charizard, Snorlas, Pikachu. It was a wery bad style to end up the league.

grey wing

Johto League Champ
I would like to see Harrison again. He had a solid team, and I would love to see if Charizard can finally take Blaziken.
I would also like to see a rematch with Richie. It has been way too long since we last saw him.

I would like to see Misty come back for the fact she is my favorite companion, and of course I like pokeshipping. I'd like to see Gary come back because I like him and Ash's interesting friendship. Brock because it would be funny to see him hit on Serena and anyone female in his range.

I would love to see May come back in the anime. I think she was the cutest girl until Serena came along. I don't want Iris to come back ever.

Creyk

Dawn because he would actually have a chance against her
But also, if Pikachu had to face Dawn's buneary that would be pretty funny

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I would have said Cameron, but...hell no. That guy is pure comic relief and that does not mix well with battles. It would be a dumb guy versus an even dumber guy who somehow was blessed with OU Pokemon so therefore I think his existence is an eyesore, and he's comparable to every fight with TRio without the plot favoring them (and the chances the writers would make him forget bringing another Pokemon to his slots are absurdly high). Tyson is also ridiculous just because of his Meowth in Boots... In fact, why doesn't Tyson have Lucario and Cameron the Meowth? That just looks much better.

Tobias, on the other hand, could give us a really heated battle unless it's restricted to the half-an-hour format with TRio taking five minutes for whatever stupid reason they need to have. Trip also needs to redeem himself with a full battle, because we only know he has a Serperior, Vanillite, and a Conkeldurr (though I'd love to find out if he truly traded the pre-evo just to evolve it) and that preliminary match was just the writers obviously trying to get rid of him.

Ritchie and Harrison are probably in the middle ground and look decent, though.

Um, well, outside the league rivals... Gary? I mean, he turned into a professor, but please, it would be interesting to see him still have his battle skills. Oh, and Sabrina (with a Haunter appearance for good measure!).

Last edited:

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
I'd have Misty become a new rival of Ash. In the PWT of B2W2, gameverse Misty left behind the gym & started her own journey so it'd make sense to have likewise happen for the anime version. Refocused on competition she'd be a bigger challenge for Ash than before too.

Honestly, I'd love to see Marina come back. She didn't get much screen time since she was only in Chronicles, but I think Kalos would offer the perfect opportunity for her. With fashion and the Pokémon Showcase, I think it'd be the perfect time to expand of her character, and we could see Serena get absolutely destroyed grow as a trainer and get help from Marina.

Pikachu52

I am actually surprised to see many want Ash to Battle Cameron again. I could not remember right away who he was when I saw that name keep popping up so I looked online for a pic and the second I saw I was like "O right that A hole" I think mentally I blocked that hole fight from my mind. But any ways I don't care for him enough to see him get more screen time I kind of just want to leave that hole shame of a battle behind and never look back. We know Ash is better then Cameron we don't need to prove it (it just the BW writer's did not know it) case from what I can tell we don't want see an epic rematch battle we just want Ash to squash him and that would just be a waste of what could of been a good episode with some one else.

Cameron is probably better than Ash given he managed to win one Pokémon short and he had trained quite a powerful team. If Ash were better he would have won. Simple as that. I would like to see Cameron return to the show because he is a good character. It would be interesting to see a Pikachu vs Lucario rematch because there Ash and Cameron's main partners. This time they would be in more even footing because Pikachu would not be suffering the fatigue from three previous battles. I imagine it would be very close regardless of who won or it would end in a draw. There is no way Ash would seep the floor with Cameron because Ash is not a more competent trainer. Their Pokémon have roughly the same skill level and ability and if not Cameron is probably the better of the two (he won didn't he). They could also have Ash fight Lucario with one of his other Pokémon such as Sceptile or Charizard. Sceptile would probably loose to Lucario Charizard would most likely win due to type and Ariel advantage (but would probably loose to Hydreigon). They could have even used lucario to showcase mega evolution (had that not already done that with Korrina). However I don't think there is any need for redemption because I'm fine with the result. You guys are way too hard on Cameron and your taking the show way too seriously. It's a children's show and characters like Cameron are funny.

I would have said Cameron, but...hell no. That guy is pure comic relief and that does not mix well with battles. It would be a dumb guy versus an even dumber guy who somehow was blessed with OU Pokemon so therefore I think his existence is an eyesore, and he's comparable to every fight with TRio without the plot favoring them (and the chances the writers would make him forget bringing another Pokemon to his slots are absurdly high). Tyson is also ridiculous just because of his Meowth in Boots... In fact, why doesn't Tyson have Lucario and Cameron the Meowth? That just looks much better.

Except for the fact that Meowth aren't native to Unova and appear nowhere within the Unova Pokédex. That's true for nearly all Kanto and Johto Pokémon and there are only a select number of Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex. In either BW and BW2 you don't encounter Meowth until after you obtain the national Pokédex. In Meowth Scrafty tactic Cilan makes the point that Meowth is probably the only Meowth in Unova. If that's true then Cameron, who is a Unova native (all his other Pokémon are Unova Pokémon) wouldn't be able to catch a Meowth. On the other hand (or paw I should say) Riolu are found in Unova at the Floccesy ranch. Therefore Cameron would easily be able to catch one. Also Riolu was created as part of Gen IV which came out several years after Tyson's debut in AG, which was the Gen III series. All of Cameron's Pokémon are Pokémon that appear in the Unova Pokédex as of BW2. That is there all native to Unova. The early BW series made the point early on that most Unova species are unique to Unova because it's far away from other regions. Professor Juniper states that she's never seen a wild Pikachu in Unova and Iris was quite shocked to see a Meowth in Unova. In fact Meowth himself gets quite worried when Matori refuses to transfer Serviper and Carnavine to Jessie and James on account of the fact that they will attract suspicion if they use non-native Pokémon.

Tobias was a dreadful battle but I'm not interested in a rematch because he'll just cheat and use legendaries again. I have no interest in seeing Tobias again. Any curiosity I have in seeing what else is on his team (and I don't think it would be all legendary) is outweighed by the fact that Tobias would probably still win. As long as he's using Uber Pokémon nobody else has a chance against him. Tobias is the most unpleasant character ever - He's arrogant, demeaning and wears a cape for goodness sake. Even if they came up with a back story as to why Tobias uses legendaries I don't think they could redeem him. Personally my guess is he had Hunter J track Latios and Darkrai down for him.

Personally I would like to see an Iris rematch because I thought the result in BW042 was a joke. Richie would also be a good one to rematch given Ash only lost because charizard wouldn't fight.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Cameron is probably better than Ash given he managed to win one Pokémon short and he had trained quite a powerful team. If Ash were better he would have won. I would like to see Cameron return to the show because he is a good character. The could use his lucario to showcase mega evoultion. However I don't think there is any need for redemption because I'm fine with the result. You guys are way too hard on Cameron and your taking the show way too seriously. Personally I would like to see an Iris rematch because I thought the result in BW042 was a joke. Richie would also be a good one to rematch given Ash only lost because charizard wouldn't fight.

Tobias was a dreadful battle but I'm not interested in a rematch because he'll just cheat and use legendaries again. I have no interest in seeing Tobias again
And yet again I ask, please point out or explain to me where exactly Tobias cheated? Did Brandon cheat too then? And let's not forget that cheating scumbag Noland then.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Cameron is probably better than Ash given he managed to win one Pokémon short and he had trained quite a powerful team. If Ash were better he would have won. I would like to see Cameron return to the show because he is a good character.

Reminder that Cameron was protected by league armor, sadly enough.

The could use his lucario to showcase mega evoultion.

Hell to the no. You really want people to make a worse situation after the Korrina arc? Cameron suffers no punishment when it comes to Pokemon but life is too sweet to him. It would just be another disaster if he were to happily display that nuke when Korrina had a lot of issues with it... Oh, and his mon learned Aura Sphere in a snap of his fingers while Korrina's waited years after it. It would be even more insulting if he showed up with the means and Ash doesn't have it at all. Face it. Cameron is a Gary Stu under a scatterbrained persona.

Last edited:

Pikachu52

And yet again I ask, please point out or explain to me where exactly Tobias cheated? Did Brandon cheat too then? And let's not forget that cheating scumbag Noland then.

Nolan never caught Articuno he just befriended him and Articuno agreed to fight for him. Brandon is an archeologist who studies legendaries so it's not hard to see why he had those Pokémon in the first place. Tobias was entering a competition aimed at junior trainers, whereas the battle frontier is supposed to be much more advanced. There is no credible explanation as to why Tobias was using two legendary Pokémon. He just walks into the competition and wipes everyone else out. In similar competitions in the games such as the Pokémon world tournament legendary Pokémon are Uber classification and are banned. While the anime does not equal the games the two are sufficiently similar to argue the analogy. The reason I call it cheating is because even if there is no rule against using these legendary Pokémon formally, it breaks the spirit of the anime. The whole point of Pokémon is your supposed to befriend and train your Pokémon in order to be successful. We see this with Ash and most other characters in the show including Cameron (Lucario evolves from friendship), Richie (similar to Ash), Tyson (nursed Meowth back to health) ect. Tobias never had to come up with any strategy to defeat any of his opponents, so the battles aren't particularly intense or interesting, whereas in all of the other league battles the trainers usually try to come up with some clever strategy in order to win. It dehumanised the Pokémon. He just continually used dark void and dream eater regardless of the type effectiveness. It's like catching level 70 Rayquaza in Pokémon Emerald. You never need another Pokémon again.

You really want people to make a worse situation after the Korrina arc? Cameron suffers no punishment when it comes to Pokemon but life is too sweet to him. It would just be another disaster if he were to happily display that nuke when Korrina had a lot of issues with it... Oh, and his mon learned Aura Sphere in a snap of his fingers while Korrina's waited years after it. It would be even more insulting if he showed up with the means and Ash doesn't have it at all. Face it. Cameron is a Gary Stu under a scatterbrained persona.

The whole point of mega evolution is that it requires a strong bond between trainer and Pokémon to achieve. Korrina struggled with it because she didn't have as strong a bond with Lucario as she thought she did. That was the whole point of the flower arranging, to get the two of them working together better. Cameron is shown to be close to Lucario, similar to Ash and Pikachu. Riolu evolves from friendship. Cameron's Lucario evolved so he could win for Cameron. It's evident they have a very close relationship so why couldn't they use Mega-evoultion. Cameron won because he had a strong bond with Lucario more than anything else, which is what the show is supposed to be all about. Mega-evloution is not a nuke. It's not a weapon. It's created by the bond between Pokémon and trainer. Pokémon is a children's show about friendship and love, and the importance of loving your Pokémon and building a strong bond is the core theme in the games. Pokémon aren't tools or weapons and the only persons in the show that uses them as such are the villains such as Hunter J, Giovanni or Team Galactic. Ash doesn't have any Pokémon on his team that can Mega-evolve. Unless they bring back Charizard or Sceptile then he's not going to use. If Pikachu had a mega-evolved formed them Ash would easily be able to use mega-evolution, but he doesn't. Besides as it's stated by the mega-evolution guru in X and Y Mega-evolution is only one way to bring out your Pokémon strength. Cameron only looks like a Gary-stu type character because he didn't get enough screen time. Lucario is supposed to learn Aura Sphere upon evolution, it's Lucario's main move. I was actually surprised that Korrina's Lucario didn't know it. In any case I think it's fair to say Cameron may be stronger than Korrina - Trainers are supposed to beat gym leaders. More episodes focusing on Cameron would have led to better development. Besides he did struggle a bit in his battle with Ash. Sammurott and Swana fell quite easily to Pikachu and Pignite took down Hydriegon. And then he lost 6-3 to Virgil so it's unfair to say he's a Gary-stu character. He was a good character let down by a weak plotline. There is too much of a fixation on winning and power among some fans. I'm starting to wonder why people watch this show if they hate every character.

Last edited:
The character that Ash and Pikachu need to face again is Tyson and that overconfident cowboy Meowth. Pikachu needs to get some payback, for both himself. Well at least Ash lost to a really strong opponent like Tyson who eventually won the whole thing. So at least Ash didn't lose because of some BS which usually happens (albeit caused sometimes by his own actions).

phanpycross

God-king
Hell no to Cameron ever touching this anime, that battle literally gives people who watch it diabetes.

Hell no to Ritchie coming back, the dude had the blandest team in pokemon history, added literally nothing to the anime, and was just such an awful ripoff of Ash.

Hell no to any mega lucario reappearances, Korrina's arc was laughably awful, bare featuring the main characters, being boring as crap, and ties with Decolora Islands for my least favorite filler arc in the series. Those episodes alone weaken XY season 1 to the point where I have moments where it could count as the weakest overall season of pokemon. People saying Korrina would have made for a superior Serena replacement better be feeling pretty damn dumb right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.