• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which region had the toughest Gym Leaders?

Which region had the toughest Gym Leaders?

• Total voters

vespiqueen

Were there any regions where the Gym Leaders were incredibly hard for you to beat?

For me, it has to be Johto. Clair's Kingdra was a pain, Morty and Chuck were both a little hard, and don't even get me started on Whitney and her deviltank.

Estellise

peachy
I had a tough time with the Sinnoh region,but the others were rather easy.Clair was hard,but I beat her by using Ice Fang.

Hoenn had the hardest gym leaders for me, the first 5 were really tough if your team wasn't up to scratch and the last 3 were still hard but you could be more prepared for them.

joep05

master of disaster
i'd say the grand prize of the toughest gym leader is whitney and her miltank, but overall id have to say hoenn because i felt that literally every single one of the gyms were sufficiently challenging enough to my liking, even flannery and torkoal

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
None of them really gave me any trouble, but I'll say Sinnoh just because I came close to losing 2 of my Pokemon at the 7th gym which was the most damage I ever took during a gym battle.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I'm not sure 'cause i can't really remember much of my gym battles, mainly because they rarely gave me any problem. All I can say is that in Red I remember having trouble with Misty, but that was because I was only using Charmaleon; and with the iron maiden's Steelix in HG. Unova was the easiest i think.

609Chandelure

Hoenn surely it was the most difficult .

Eelijah

The Musketeer
Hoenn gave me a tough time with the last two Gyms, since I had nothing in my team to wall Psychic and Water moves.

Master 92 1/2

Shiny Hunter
I'd say sinnoh because i picked chimchar. Gym 1 was a pain. Had to grind a ton since everyone else in my party was 2-7. I used to b such a noob

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Hoenn all the way. Tate and Liza still scare me, even after I have learned about Salamence, Absol and Gardevoir....the only gym I consistently over level for on any game.

I am Lu

Hoenn was really tough for me - Norman and Tate/Liza especially.

But Whitney's Miltank will always hold a special place of hatred in my heart.