1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which region had the toughest Gym Leaders?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by vespiqueen, Jun 19, 2012.

?

Which region had the toughest Gym Leaders?

1. Kanto

4.3%
  2. Johto

27.7%
  3. Hoenn

44.7%
  4. Sinnoh

12.8%
  5. Unova

10.6%
  1. AmpharosFanatic

AmpharosFanatic Well-Known Member

I'll actually say Unova since I felt the pokemon were so unappealing that bulding a good in game team was actually pretty tough for me. Plus several of the leaders were actually pretty tough. Elesa and that Emolga and Drayden come to mind.

2. Kninja22

Kninja22 <---Shine for me

Hoenn was a pushover if you chose Mudkip,Hardest was Johto,Haxtank proves this,and since WT in BW2 has Whitney in it,Ill probably never touch that place...

3. For me, it was hard between Johto and Hoenn.

Whitney, Chuck, Clair, and Morty caused me a lot of issues. Mostly Whitney, because I had nothing but male pokemon at that time. I spent a whole day trying to beat that stupid Miltank that attracts anything that moves... Clair's Kingdra gave me soo many issues that I cried...

But Hoenn is just as bad! I had problems with Brawley, Flannery, Wattson, and The TWINS. God I hated the twins so much that I knocked down a whole box of cheese its on the ground...and I got grounded for it. (No joke! :mad: )That's why to this day I avoid rasing a Xatu, Claydol, Lunatone, or Solrock.

4. Swampasaur

Swampasaur The Swamp Creature!

Johto had Whitney's Miltank and Jasmine's Steelix.

I always hated those two.

Watson gets a special mention though.

5. redcharzard

redcharzard Semi-competitive

Same here Hoenn is number one due to the sheer strength of some of the gyms. Brawely is a pain if you don't have a flying type, Watson is tough even if you have a ground type(unless you have Graveler then he is easy), Flannery's Overheat packs a punch, Norman's team is one of the toughest I have ever faced, Tate and Liza have great Synergy and power, and Juan's Kingdra can be scary if you don't have a counter for it.

Johto gets secound due to Whitney's Miltank, Bugsy's Syther, and Morty's team(Whitney is the biggest pain.)

6. garren

garren kitties will rule

witney never gave me problems (always bred and raised female pokemon anyways) however unova was really tough for me as pokemon seemed really weak for some reason

7. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Sinnoh :/ Its been like a year and I haven't defeated my Diamond for the 2nd time..

Wow Hoenn for most peeps? i can finish Ruby in less than 9 hours LOL nya~

8. Ultimate Champion

Ultimate Champion The Great Pokémon Master

I had a more difficult time against Johto's Gym Leaders than the Gym Leaders of any other region.

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Hoenn was my hardest time at the gyms