• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which region had the toughest Gym Leaders?

Which region had the toughest Gym Leaders?

• Total voters

AmpharosFanatic

I'll actually say Unova since I felt the pokemon were so unappealing that bulding a good in game team was actually pretty tough for me. Plus several of the leaders were actually pretty tough. Elesa and that Emolga and Drayden come to mind.

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
Hoenn was a pushover if you chose Mudkip,Hardest was Johto,Haxtank proves this,and since WT in BW2 has Whitney in it,Ill probably never touch that place...

For me, it was hard between Johto and Hoenn.

Whitney, Chuck, Clair, and Morty caused me a lot of issues. Mostly Whitney, because I had nothing but male pokemon at that time. I spent a whole day trying to beat that stupid Miltank that attracts anything that moves... Clair's Kingdra gave me soo many issues that I cried...

But Hoenn is just as bad! I had problems with Brawley, Flannery, Wattson, and The TWINS. God I hated the twins so much that I knocked down a whole box of cheese its on the ground...and I got grounded for it. (No joke! :mad: )That's why to this day I avoid rasing a Xatu, Claydol, Lunatone, or Solrock.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Hoenn was really tough for me - Norman and Tate/Liza especially.

But Whitney's Miltank will always hold a special place of hatred in my heart.

Same here Hoenn is number one due to the sheer strength of some of the gyms. Brawely is a pain if you don't have a flying type, Watson is tough even if you have a ground type(unless you have Graveler then he is easy), Flannery's Overheat packs a punch, Norman's team is one of the toughest I have ever faced, Tate and Liza have great Synergy and power, and Juan's Kingdra can be scary if you don't have a counter for it.

Johto gets secound due to Whitney's Miltank, Bugsy's Syther, and Morty's team(Whitney is the biggest pain.)

garren

kitties will rule
witney never gave me problems (always bred and raised female pokemon anyways) however unova was really tough for me as pokemon seemed really weak for some reason

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Sinnoh :/ Its been like a year and I haven't defeated my Diamond for the 2nd time..

Wow Hoenn for most peeps? i can finish Ruby in less than 9 hours LOL nya~

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hoenn was my hardest time at the gyms