1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which region is most like where you live?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by NovaBrunswick, Feb 10, 2019.

?

Which region is most like where you live?

1. Kanto

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Johto

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Hoenn

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Sinnoh

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Unova

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Kalos

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. Alola

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. Orre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

All the regions in the Pokémon world have their basis on a place in the real world. Unova is inspired by New York, Kalos is inspired by France, Alola is inspired by Hawaii, etc.

But have you ever thought about the place you live and how it would match up with the regions? As an example, I live in England. Summers can be warm and sometimes exceeding hot, while winters are somewhat mild in the south and cold in the north. So I’d say either Sinnoh or Kalos come close, as Sinnoh is a snowy region - especially in the mountainous north, similar to Scotland - while Kalos is more temperate, and its inspiration is just across the channel from England. Also probably a little bit of Hoenn as it’s an island nation and surrounded by the sea on all sides, though obviously without all the tropical rainforests, volcanoes and palm trees! ;)

So which region would you compare your place of living to? There are many countries around the world, and not every one of them may become a region someday, so it doesn’t have to be a place that’s already become a region in itself.

2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Anyone from France, New York, Hawaii or most of Japan has a cheat sheet, don't they?

NovaBrunswick and AgentKallus like this.
  3. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Making regrettable decisions

I'm from the unnamed region that went to war with Kalos. ;P

I actually choose Sinnoh though, despite snow being rare-ish here. Sinnoh has a lot of features similar to England and the UK in general, like the mine, the islands, the forest and the seaside. Also of all the cities in pokemon Hearthome and Jubilife are the most like my city. Kalos however is a close second.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    NovaBrunswick likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 No! That's impossible!

I guess Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh previously but I've never actually lived in Japan.

5. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I did live in the Kansai region of Japan for a while so Johto is the obvious choice there, though my home country and currently where I live isn't really all that similar to anything seen so far. Hoenn or Unova would be the closest but even then, neither are even close to as boring

6. Ignition

Ignition *stares into your soul*

I live in NYC so Unova is the obvious choice but I did live in France for half a year so Kalos could’ve been nice

7. shoz999

shoz999 No! That's impossible!

Honestly it seems a little strange to me to compare to NYC to Unova. I know Unova is based on NYC and it even includes heaps of garbage Pokemon in the alley's as a reference to America's trash problem but even then it feels too clean and organized for an American city, honestly reminds me of the downtown areas in East Asia. I remember when that Castelia City leak came, a lot of people thought it was actually based on Hong Kong.

8. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Kalos is more specifically based on the north of France, which means there could be an as-yet-unknown region which is based on the southern part. Kiloude City kind of reminds me of Nice, Cannes or the French Riviera, famous for their warm Mediterranean climate and beaches.

(The reason I included Orre as one of the poll options is because it's based on Arizona, more specifically the capital city, Phoenix. So if there's any Arizonans here, you could say you live in Orre. ;))

Ignition likes this.