• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which returning character was treated the best?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Lillie by far, and it's not even close. She got a wonderfully animated episode that closed out her story in the best way possible, and I'd call it a true love letter from the anime staff to her character and fans.

Zamir

I would say that Lillie was treated the best. As of this post, she is the only Pokégirl to have outright accomplished both of her goals. She managed to be able to touch Pokémon, and she managed to find and reunite with her father and bring her family back together again.
Yes

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I loved Lillie’s return episode but it also didn’t feel like a traditional return episode. It’s more so a continuation of her story. I’m gonna go with Paul. He mellowed down a bit and shown respect towards his Pokémon while keeping his old strategies. He’s still the same old Paul who didn’t suffer from character decay due to close proximity of Ash and co. My only gist is that he should’ve aim to be a Frontier Brain rather than Gym Leader.
For all the hyper her return got, I feel Serena was treated the worst.
How?????

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Best

- Gary minus his new annoying goal later on allowing only him and Goh to interact only.

- Brock (even if just a cameo we saw how far he’s come in his goal.

- Sun and Moon gang.

Least favorite

- Serena, she may have evolved as a character but having the the less amount of interactions with Ash compared to the other’s was unfair.
Do people care more about Serena as a character or her ship with Ash?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Yes?

I mean…you’re going to get a mix of answers on that one.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I would say that Lillie was treated the best. As of this post, she is the only Pokégirl to have outright accomplished both of her goals. She managed to be able to touch Pokémon, and she managed to find and reunite with her father and bring her family back together again.
tbh my issue with Lillie's (aside from how it felt like production should've prioritized the previous episode) is it once more just being stuff happening to her without much of her own input, still a mostly good conclusion to that story, but still

Both. But most people here hate her ship with Ash that they cheer when she completely got over her romantic feelings for him in JN.
The kiss is where the Ash Greninja transformation is now. Deleted.

Zamir

tbh my issue with Lillie's (aside from how it felt like production should've prioritized the previous episode) is it once more just being stuff happening to her without much of her own input, still a mostly good conclusion to that story, but still
I respect your opinion but Lilie was the one who started the journey to which family can be happy again with Gladion Ash as its promoters. Every journey began since she found that Pokemon. We know Lilie feels but she also showed more reactions from Gladion and Lusamine and from the entire family. more than just one, it was not necessary all the cameras were after lilie when it was also arco gladion lusamine

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm going to go with Brock, his return in the Arceus episodes was awesome :). He was treated like a badass, he got an evo out of it too, and some new moves to boot.

Can't wait to see what else he gets when he comes back in January.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Korrina, surpringly enough. Dunno if I'd call that "character development", but she was well portraited.

Character wise, Gary, Paul, Iris and Serena displayed they changed a lot from their past selves.

Alola gang was developed enough on their own saga, so, I couldn't tell much, except for Sophocles, who was well rounded (no pun intented).

Dawn and Brock were ok. May, Max, Tracey and Misty... they exist. Cynthia is Cynthia.

Other characters like Chuck and Drake were nice to see again, I guess.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Both. But most people here hate her ship with Ash that they cheer when she completely got over her romantic feelings for him in JN.
The very few selected critical few is not most of Serebii. And if anything, some people whether they liked the ship or not, didn’t like her rather distasteful comment at her departure scene where she said she’ll become a beautiful woman for him the next time you see her. Thankfully it got fixed in the dub.
The kiss is where the Ash Greninja transformation is now. Deleted.
Not true. It’s scrubbed from Ash’s mind from lack of understanding but it isn’t retconned when it happened. That was to show Serena’s development. She goes from insecure, unable to barely stand close to Ash, giving up easily, and such to being able to look Ash in the eyes, more secure in herself, and clinging to her motivation to surpass her dreams even after almost accomplishing her dream of becoming Kalos Queen.