• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which returning character was treated the best?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
And they call me rent free, the irony lol
Prry sure I was just discussing something I didn't like outwardly about the character (which I did't even start), you admitted you go out of your way to insult the Alola league for drama. We are not the same, you can't compare when you don't compete. I talk about Iris more than Serena meanwhile you instigated an 18 page post bc of trolling

That's why I said rent free, most of your comments are discussing Lillie, Sophocles, Kiawe, Lana and Mallow participating

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I agreed with the fact not getting to interact to Ash was bad, but I don't consider it a super important aspect of the episode if the remaining aspects of it were worth.

For example, Lillie barely interacted with Ash but she got a beautiful episode.
I think that gets a pass just because Ash got to play an important role in her episode, and wasn't dragged away by a ship almost immediately. Plus, he got to interact with her in the episode right after that one. Honestly, I'd say both situations are incomparable imo.
Serena barely interacted with Ash, but we saw how much she growth as a character during all this time. Like, at worst it has to be in a middle ground, not freaking Alain's return level.
I'd tend to agree with that tbh. Ash not getting to interact with her much was a huge flaw imo (I didn't like this in the first Dawn return either, though she got to spend a LOT more with him later) but her return was definitely better than the likes of Alain, whose only purpose was to lose so someone else could look better.

ShuckFam

Cynthia.

She got a lot of shine, including a backstory.

Her battle with Ash was better than his battle with Leon. Lots of strategy and cunning from her, and this brought out that side in Ash (return of the counter shield).

I never realized the most interesting thing to talk about in a kids cartoon involving monsters beating the **** out of each other is...the apparent love life of a 10-year-old boy.
We were a Pokemon fandom group on Facebook back then. We got the news from his mom and it's 100% proven if you ask me.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
before it was much worse, I remember that in 2013 a negaishipper (from Chile) resorted to suicide because of Serena's existence, but luckily the hospital saved his life
We were a Pokemon fandom group on Facebook back then. We got the news from his mom and it's 100% proven if you ask me.
Not surprised, Pokémon is huge and, as a result, has a ton of fans who need urgent psychological help.

RafaSceptile

I mean, Ash and Serena got 30 seconds at best, and they didn't even get to interact in off-screen land (which is where most of the stuff I wanted to see in JN seemed to happen, for some reason).
I don't like the offscreen argument because we don't know if it really happen. Like it seems possible Lillie interacted with Ash, but it seems possible as well that she spent the rest of the party with Lusamine and Mohn.

Anyways that's not the point!
I can see people not liking the return because Serena didn't interact with Ash enough time, but people needs to be more honest to themselves about how good or bad those episodes are as well. It wasn't the best but it was FAR from the worse.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Cynthia.

She got a lot of shine, including a backstory.

Her battle with Ash was better than his battle with Leon. Lots of strategy and cunning from her, and this brought out that side in Ash (return of the counter shield).
tbh she did do some........really weird moves, like using Stealth Rock when Ash only had like 3 pokemon left, 2 of which resisted rock, then there's the Togekiss thing (which I kinda get, but still), and Garchomp's moveset.

Also since people mentioned Infernape for worst......yeah wtf was the point of hyping him up like that if he'd never do anything relevant afterwards?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Man I just hope Riko doesn't become the new sex symbol for these weird guys, but I guess it's impossible to avoid.
I'm sorry to inform you that 4chan was talking about her thighs the moment she showed up.
I don't like the offscreen argument because we don't know if it really happen. Like it seems possible Lillie interacted with Ash, but it seems possible as well that she spent the rest of the party with Lusamine and Mohn.
I mean, that's fair but their total combined time with each other was still far higher than Serena's. Plus, she got to have an actual dialog with him where we learned that she's been keeping tabs on him and watching his matches, while Serena got...well, 2 lines with Ash?
Anyways that's not the point!
Agreed, let's just end this discussion on 'who spent less time with Ash' right here.
I can see people not liking the return because Serena didn't interact with Ash enough time, but people needs to be more honest to themselves about how good or bad those episodes are as well. It wasn't the best but it was FAR from the worse.
Well I mean, you also gotta consider that Serena's return was also memorable. I wouldn't be surprised if people forgot that Alain even came back, with how bad and inconsequential his return was.

before it was much worse, I remember that in 2013 a negaishipper (from Chile) resorted to suicide because of Serena's existence, but luckily the hospital saved his life
I’m shocked that people ship Ash and Iris.
Anyways Lillie had with Ash for half of JN111 and all of JN112. She could’ve talked to him during the beginning of JN112. Serena literally only got 30 seconds with no chance for offscreen arguments since Serena has not shown up since aside from cameos. Not bringing shipping into this, but it’s incredibly fishy how Serena is the only one out of Ashs companions that have met him in JN to spend a significantly shorter time with him compared to the others, and even disregarding the romance angle, it’s weird as heck that Ash only gets to spend 30 seconds with one friend but a whole episode with his other friends. It’s unfair.