• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which rival did you like better in the anime than in the games?

Halolady

walking on eggshells
Of all the rivals adapted from the games into the anime (I.e. Gary, Bianca etc.), which one(s) did you like better than their respective game versions?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Shauna, she's miles better than her game counterpart imo. Plus she had a better personality in the anime.

nickdt

Well...

Gen 1: Gary
Gen 2: No Game rival
Gen 3: No game rival
Gen 4: Barry
Gen 5: Bianca
Gen 6: Shauna, Tierno (Don't count Trevor, since he rarely showed up).

Lol... by the looks of it we only have five rivals that appeared both in the anime as in the games.

So yeah... Shauna for me as well (Barry was kinda annoying).

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
You already forgotten Gladion for Gen 7 (while Hau is yet to show up). So that's already the total of six as of now

Am I the only one who like Gary?

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Probably Barry. He seemed less annoying because he wasn't around as much. Plus I never thought of him as a rival in the games. But for Ash, maybe.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Barry mainly because he seemed a bit more serious in the anime than the games when it came to battling.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Barry because his game counterpart is far too annoying and in the anime he's somewhat of a likeable character.

Genaller

Silver Soul
For me it’s hands down Tierno. He goes from a nobody in the games to a fairly competent trainer in XY who pretty much had a rain team in the Kalos League and unlike a certain someone (cough* Barry cough*) wasn’t having major bouts of stupidity during his battles (the worst was his initial panic when dealing with Attract though that’s not nearly as egregious as some of the stuff Barry did).